Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 43

Author Topic: Vampires Vs Werewolves X: Millennium Waltz  (Read 43153 times)

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Vampires Vs Werewolves X: Millennium Waltz
« Reply #240 on: January 30, 2013, 12:15:41 PM »

I will EXPERIENCE BIJ the fuck out of the next motherfucker I name, and it's Kayma.

Guild got pretty defensive over Lottel

Hm. Can't deny that it appears that way I guess. I suppose I was banking on Envy having a grudge on Lottel and being smart enough to name him scum properly while going down. I'd rather not hang townies and I thought Lottel was one. Guess we shouldn't listen to me about who I defend?

Kayma, your reason for voting Kazz was what? He was voting for a badguy. Why are you voting for him?
It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 30, 2013, 12:28:12 PM »

Guild, that sword is used at night.  :3c
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 30, 2013, 01:44:21 PM »

You can use it the same night you get it if you say so in your bid, but yeah, it is too late now.

I want to hear from Zara and Laser. They've been quiet.
...but is it art?

Grath

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2013, 01:47:32 PM »

Guild, that sword is used at night.  :3c

You expected Guild to be able to read?
:lol:
:sofunny:

You can use it the same night you get it if you say so in your bid, but yeah, it is too late now.

Laser isn't playing, and we lynched Beat, who was the stand-in Laser.

Bob Loblaw

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 30, 2013, 03:34:55 PM »

To reply directly to Frocto's accusation, all voting I've done up to this point has been blind.  In the second round, I had some suspicion of Beat Bandit, but his cat .gif actually made me want to say no. 

The first day's vote I did was more of a "lets get this day over with" vote.  Yesterday, my suspicions were made true. 

I would like to add, that not only am I innocent, but I used the seer's glasses, and I know the identity of one person who is true vanilla as well.  I'm not too sure if it would be good to announce who he is, but if stands up and declares himself innocent at anypoint this day, I will make sure that no eyes are cast upon him in suspicion if my vouch is any good. 

I understand tradition demands that I counter-accuse my vigilant counterpart of really being the bad guy.  I don't hold those suspicions at this time.  Instead, I am suspicious of both Kazz, and our mutual Friend who I'd love to hear from.  I'm more sure of Friend's guilt at this time. 

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #245 on: January 30, 2013, 04:07:12 PM »

I agree with Niku that Guild is too suspicious at this point.

As for the Lottel vote, I didn't know he was a werewolf, I was just trying to vote for someone that isn't Envy.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 30, 2013, 05:06:03 PM »

Laser isn't playing, and we lynched Beat, who was the stand-in Laser.

I don't mean in his capacity as a player; I just want to talk. I value his opinion.
...but is it art?

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #247 on: January 30, 2013, 05:48:51 PM »

The running joke of this game is that Laser is playing and being real suspicious.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #248 on: January 30, 2013, 05:52:25 PM »

Kayma, your reason for voting Kazz was what? He was voting for a badguy. Why are you voting for him?

You tell me. I'll just leave this here.

[Sun 15:03] <Guild> i think kazz is either the devil or a vampire
[Sun 15:03] <Guild> he might be a wolf but if so i'd be surprised

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 30, 2013, 07:34:13 PM »

Hm... it seems I was unclear. The reason I voted for Grath was to emphasize my point. I thought I was pretty clear that my accusation was facetious. However, it seems I wasn't clear at all.

My accusation of Grath was supposed to be a parallel to Beat Bandit's accusation of Nexadruin in that I was accusing Grath based on spurious reasons.

Grath voted for Lottel when he had the most votes then changed his vote to Kazz when he had the most votes.

If you look at Grath's votes, he technically voted for Lottel when he had the most votes - that is to say, one vote. The only other person to vote for Lottel during that time period was Kazz. When he switched his vote to Kazz, it's true that Kazz had the most votes, but that isn't really suspicious, at least in my opinion. If you look at his reasoning, "I trust Guild" or whatever, I don't even find that suspicious because I somewhat agree with what Guild said (Kazz's slip up about werewolves could be an accident, but I'm not sure I buy that considering Vampires is right in the title of the game, as well as in the top of every single post.)

So while it's true that Grath voted for Lottel when he "had the most votes" and then did the same thing with Kazz, I don't actually think it's a good reason to vote for Grath.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

...Grath, I don't know why I need so many words to make the same point you just made.

This post is bothering me a lot. Actually voting for someone and then trying to backtrack with an "aw I didn't think you guys would take me seriously". The fact that you describe your own accusation against Grath as spurious suggests to me that you had more concrete knowledge to work with but that you were choosing to keep it to yourself. The fact that others found your argument convincing would seem to suggest that they were as clueless as an innocent should be on day two.

Friend

gahitsu

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 30, 2013, 08:55:41 PM »

To reply directly to Frocto's accusation, all voting I've done up to this point has been blind.  In the second round, I had some suspicion of Beat Bandit, but his cat .gif actually made me want to say no. 

The first day's vote I did was more of a "lets get this day over with" vote.  Yesterday, my suspicions were made true. 

I would like to add, that not only am I innocent, but I used the seer's glasses, and I know the identity of one person who is true vanilla as well.  I'm not too sure if it would be good to announce who he is, but if stands up and declares himself innocent at anypoint this day, I will make sure that no eyes are cast upon him in suspicion if my vouch is any good. 

I understand tradition demands that I counter-accuse my vigilant counterpart of really being the bad guy.  I don't hold those suspicions at this time.  Instead, I am suspicious of both Kazz, and our mutual Friend who I'd love to hear from.  I'm more sure of Friend's guilt at this time.

That's a lot of goddamn words without anything concrete. I mean, hugs and kisses and all, but would you care to elaborate on why Kazz and Friend are suspicious to you?

Also, apropos nothing, doesn't Guild usually talk more in these games? As in, several repeated posts of walls of text, versus this game's relatively sedated posting? That alone is fairly suspicious to me.

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 30, 2013, 09:06:21 PM »

I wouldn't blame Guild for trying a new strategy after all his previous games.
"And it is because they have fallen prey to a weakened, feminized version of Christianity that is only about softer virtues such as compassion and not in any part about the muscular Christian virtues of individual responsibility and accountability."

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 30, 2013, 09:08:51 PM »

Hm... it seems like I was still unclear in my clarification. The whole point of my original post was to shit on Lottel for thinking that Beat Bandit's argument had any merit. The reason I accused Grath was, in context, to mirror Lottel and Beat Bandit's voting style. I voted for reasons I thought were obviously stupid for the reasons I already stated. The reason for saying this:

I'm all for voting for suspicious people. But... these aren't even legitimate reasons.

Grath voted for Lottel when he had the most votes then changed his vote to Kazz when he had the most votes.

and striking it through right next to my accusation of Grath was to emphasize my point of people voting for stupid reasons. I was seriously considering voting for Lottel by the end of the day until Mcdohl and Niku were all like "yeah Friend's right". I then realized that not everyone follows the same reasoning patterns as I do. So I guess it was only an obviously shitty argument to me. More specifically:

The fact that you describe your own accusation against Grath as spurious suggests to me that you had more concrete knowledge to work with but that you were choosing to keep it to yourself. The fact that others found your argument convincing would seem to suggest that they were as clueless as an innocent should be on day two.

The "concrete knowledge" you're talking about was available to everyone else in the thread. The reason I didn't mention it earlier was because I thought it was pretty obvious I was making a shitty argument, just as I thought it was obvious that Beat Bandit made a really shitty argument. Of course, It turns out I was wrong on both accounts. Just like how I was wrong about the both of them being baddies.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 30, 2013, 09:30:47 PM »

Bob Loblaw decreases the signal to noise ratio significantly, so my vote is on him until I'm convinced to vote for someone else.

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 30, 2013, 09:40:20 PM »

Hm... it seems like I was still unclear in my clarification. The whole point of my original post was to shit on Lottel for thinking that Beat Bandit's argument had any merit. The reason I accused Grath was, in context, to mirror Lottel and Beat Bandit's voting style.

No, I got that part. What I find problematic is that you actually bolded Grath's name instead of saying something like "this line of reasoning mirrors your reasoning for voting NexAdruin. Should I vote for Grath based on that?" Not only would that have made your entire point clearer in the first place, it would have avoided placing a sneaky vote on someone that you got to later claim you didn't really intend. Behavior like that is what I consider suspicious.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 30, 2013, 09:42:44 PM »

You tell me. I'll just leave this here.

[Sun 15:03] <Guild> i think kazz is either the devil or a vampire
[Sun 15:03] <Guild> he might be a wolf but if so i'd be surprised

Hmm. Ok.
It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 30, 2013, 09:44:20 PM »

I change my sword target and vote to Zaratustra. Why you voting me bro? Following the leader is hella suspicious, hence my Kayma interrogation. Now I'm on you. What about me is suspicious? Or are you going to just blame Niku when I flip inno?

Ardus

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 30, 2013, 10:15:53 PM »

Am moving apts tomorrow. Sorry for relative inactivity over the last 2 days. Been packing/cleaning like mad. Ill check back tomorrow evening after the initial move is done and will catch up posts. Until tomorrow, guys!

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 30, 2013, 10:26:08 PM »

Hm... it seems like I was still unclear in my clarification. The whole point of my original post was to shit on Lottel for thinking that Beat Bandit's argument had any merit. The reason I accused Grath was, in context, to mirror Lottel and Beat Bandit's voting style.

No, I got that part. What I find problematic is that you actually bolded Grath's name instead of saying something like "this line of reasoning mirrors your reasoning for voting NexAdruin. Should I vote for Grath based on that?" Not only would that have made your entire point clearer in the first place, it would have avoided placing a sneaky vote on someone that you got to later claim you didn't really intend. Behavior like that is what I consider suspicious.

You're probably not going to like my answer, and I admit that your way of thinking is much more clearer. But, not only did that not occur to me, but even if it did, I probably still wouldn't say that. (Though I probably would have worded my vote more clearly.) It's just way less emphatic. Also, that's just how I roll.
Lastly, I don't see how it was a sneaky vote at all. I came out and said it was a "fake" vote pretty soon after voting for him, so it's not I got him lynched, found out he was vanilla inno, then said "Yeah, I was just kidding about my vote."
Unless I'm missing your meaning. What do you mean when you say it was a sneaky vote?

gahitsu

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 30, 2013, 11:00:30 PM »

You're probably not going to like my answer, and I admit that your way of thinking is much more clearer. But, not only did that not occur to me, but even if it did, I probably still wouldn't say that. (Though I probably would have worded my vote more clearly.) It's just way less emphatic. Also, that's just how I roll.
Lastly, I don't see how it was a sneaky vote at all. I came out and said it was a "fake" vote pretty soon after voting for him, so it's not I got him lynched, found out he was vanilla inno, then said "Yeah, I was just kidding about my vote."
Unless I'm missing your meaning. What do you mean when you say it was a sneaky vote?

Not only would that have made your entire point clearer in the first place, it would have avoided placing a sneaky vote on someone that you got to later claim you didn't really intend.

You know, I wasn't really with Caith when he first started grilling you, but honestly your defense posts are pretty goddamn damning. "I voted for him but I didn't actually mean it tee-hee" is sneaky as shit and I'd like to see our friend Friend hang for it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 43