Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: KGB Wolf (IT)  (Read 2840 times)

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
KGB Wolf (IT)
« on: June 22, 2013, 01:56:00 AM »

It's 1979.  The United States of America looks weak after its long, painful defeat in Vietnam.  Inflation and unemployment are rising at an unprecedented rate.  The Iranian Revolution has decimated the nation's oil supply.  The nation is in turmoil.

Following orders straight from the Kremlin, the KGB has activated sleeper cells within suburban Maryland.  Your neighbors, people with jobs and families just like yours, may be secretly working to strike the killing blow on Washington.

Who will you trust?

---

Lynch vote operates as normal; if at least 50% of the players have voted for one person, that player is killed and his or her role and victory conditions (VCs) are revealed.

Victory Conditions:

Most Innocent roles will have their victory conditions determined randomly, giving them unique motivations and goals.

First, one of these two VCs is rolled:

Fanatic - A fanatic does not need to live in order to win the game.  Innocents have a ⅔ chance of having this condition.
Survivor - A survivor cannot win if he or she is killed.  Innocents have a ⅓ chance of having this condition.

Then the allegiance-based VCs are rolled:

Patriot - A patriot can only win the game if all of the KGB agents are eliminated.  Non-Survivor innocents have a ⅔ chance of having this condition.
Traitor - A traitor can only win the game if all of the CIA agents are eliminated.  Most innocents have a ⅓ chance of having this condition.
Neutral - Neutral players do not care about the KGB or CIA agents being killed.  Only Survivors can have this condition; they have a ⅓ chance of any of the three allegiance-based conditions.

Innocent Roles:

Cop (Innocent) - Night Ability: May discover somebody’s victory conditions, but not their role.  The Cop’s identity is public from the beginning of the game.  Possible VCs: Any.

Husband and Wife (Innocents) - Two players who know that the other is not a CIA or KGB agent, but nothing else about one another’s victory conditions.  Possible VCs: Any.

Student (Innocent) - Starts with only the Survivor victory condition.  At any point during the game, the Student may choose to become a Patriot or a Traitor (via PM to me).  Can not win the game unless he or she decides to become one or the other by the end of Night 3.

Senator (Innocent) - Day Ability: May demand a hearing of any player during the day, twice per game.  That player’s role and victory conditions are immediately and publicly revealed.  Starts with the Patriot victory condition; the other is determined randomly.

Reporter (Innocent) - Automatic Ability: Every other night (starting on Night 2), the Reporter discovers the proportion of Patriots to Traitors.  His count can be off by as much as 10%.  Possible VCs: Any.

Vigilante (Innocent) - Night Ability: May kill a player, once per game.  Starts with the Fanatic victory condition, the other is determined randomly.

Grumpy Old Man (Innocent) - Starts as a Fanatic Patriot, and his VCs cannot be changed.

Fellow Traveler (Innocent) - Starts as a Fanatic Traitor, and his VCs cannot be changed.

CIA Roles:

All CIA agents are Patriot Fanatics.

Counter-Intelligence (CIA) - Night Ability: May discover any player’s role and victory conditions, once per night.

Indoctrination Expert (CIA) - Night Ability: May turn any innocent player into a Patriot, once per night.  If a KGB agent is targetted with this ability, the Indoctrination Expert is killed.

Covert Operations (CIA) - Night Ability: May kill a player, once per night.

KGB Roles:

All KGB agents are Traitor Fanatics.

Spy (KGB) - Night Ability: May discover any player’s role and victory conditions, once per night.

Brainwasher (KGB) - Night Ability: May turn an innocent into a Traitor, once per night.  If a CIA agent is targetted with this ability, the Brainwasher is killed.  (If an innocent is targetted by both the Indoctrination Expert and the Brainwasher, even on different nights, that innocent permanently becomes a Neutral Survivor.)

Assassin (KGB) - Night Ability: May kill a player, once per night.

Double Agents:

There may be a Double Agent within the ranks of the CIA and KGB simultaneously.  This player does have a concrete victory condition, and will be either a Fanatic Patriot or a Fanatic Traitor.  The precise nature of the Double Agent's powers and capabilities is unknown.

Endgame:

The game is over when all 3 CIA agents or all 3 KGB agents have been killed.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: KGB Wolf (IT)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 10:18:16 AM »

sure, okay

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 02:06:04 AM »

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 07:00:58 AM »

topic read 44 times

2 signups

:(

if you don't like it, tell me why!

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 12:57:26 PM »

Didn't finish reading the rules on my first attempt. I'll probably sign up when I do.

Edit: Okay, done. I've been wanting to run a McCarthyism themed game for a while, but couldn't really come up with any concrete ideas because I wasn't willing to do the research necessary. This is almost certainly nothing like what I would have come up with, but I'm interested simply because it's a similar concept.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 02:01:04 PM »

I'm in.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 02:17:57 PM »

hellooooooooooo
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Grath

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 03:34:17 PM »

y halo thar

Just make sure to bother me on IRC (or have Lyrai bother Patman (she can track him down) if you'd be starting during next week - I'm out of town then and probably away from IRC) when you start