Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

Guildovote

you fucking bastards
- 0 (0%)
becuase
- 0 (0%)
calling me a sociopath?!
- 4 (17.4%)
that's not nice and untrue
- 0 (0%)
high-contextually
- 1 (4.3%)
escape your wrath once and a while
- 1 (4.3%)
tyrannical
- 1 (4.3%)
thad's got some great ideas
- 1 (4.3%)
sorry if i pissed anyone off
- 0 (0%)
homophobes-are-closeted
- 1 (4.3%)
i'll come back in a few years maybe
- 5 (21.7%)
remember radical meme theory is going to save us from ourselves and who you know who designed the whole stupid lie
- 3 (13%)
Guild
- 6 (26.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: ugh disgusting  (Read 4552 times)

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: ugh disgusting
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 09:45:01 AM »

On the one hand, I feel sympathy whenever people are feeling hurt (though I may just be faking it). On the other hand, Guild's current handle incorporates a slur that makes me a little uncomfortable, even though you can't be Racist against white people (unless you're bickering members of the EU trying to find national pride in the relative health of your economy).

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2013, 10:07:44 AM »

go to bed guild
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2013, 11:46:25 AM »

For the record, clicking the "Report to moderator" button and just typing the word "sociopath" in the explanation box is exactly the kind of thing Guild would do.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 11:52:51 AM »

no i wouldn't

i would neve rever ever do that

thanks for the vote of faith see you assholes later

the guido thing: sorry man i just love jersey shore it wsnt intended as an insult i'll change it now
It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2013, 12:23:41 PM »

no i wouldn't

i would neve rever ever do that

Motherfucker you'd do it to your own post.

Hell, you're about to do it to this one, right now.  Admit it, you were thinking about it.

thanks for the vote of faith see you assholes later

Can't be arsed to find the South Park clip where Cartman says "Screw you guys, I'm going home" and then just keeps standing there and Kyle points out that he's still there, but let's pretend I posted it.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 12:38:55 PM »

Guild just went full CyanPrime.

Never go full CyanPrime.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 02:12:58 PM »

i'm looking for a modicum of empathy

you know, that thing a whole forum of people i've always supported and loved are accusing me of not having

just a bit
It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 02:49:54 PM »

Guild, honestly, I do think you need some help, like, professional help, I just don't think we can provide that help ourselves.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 02:52:34 PM »

you know, that thing a whole forum of people i've always supported and loved are accusing me of not having

just a bit

I literally reached out and tried to empathize with you and your response was to give me such severe chest pains I thought I was having a heart attack.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 02:57:28 PM »

Hi Guild!
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2013, 03:15:13 PM »

Guild you are an interesting intelligent guy and my life is richer for knowing the world has someone like you in it. But you do act pretty ridiculous sometimes! Which is a side effect of being interesting I suppose. See, everyone likes me but I am pretty boring! Like corn flakes or nice fresh toast with nothing on it. Is that better? I dunno, man. Anyway you can't be liked by everyone all the time, you should probably not have a freakdown about it.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2013, 03:20:23 PM »

just a bit

You, who are without mercy, now plead for it?  I thought you were made of sterner stuff.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2013, 03:23:23 PM »

Guild, look. I don't think you're a bad guy, notwithstanding your belief that you're some sort of master manipulator, your hobby of pissing people off, your harebrained ponzi schemes, and the way you make even the most straightforward of interactions feel like a prelude to being defrauded. You run a mean game of D&D, and when you aren't trying to be avant-garde you're even pretty pleasant and insightful and unique.

I feel bad that you seem to find it impossible to fit in, but you have to understand that you basically did this to yourself. patito may be right in that you need help that we can't give you, and the reason we can't give it to you is because you think you can trick and browbeat us into accepting you out of pity (I know you think you can do that because you're trying it right now).

You have to want to change yourself, not just our opinion of you.
...but is it art?

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2013, 03:28:42 PM »

I don't know what to say here. Looks to me like Guild has reached the point where the only answer that will be acceptable is the one he's already decided he wants to hear.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2013, 04:11:39 PM »

I've been tempted to call a halt to the derision and ask if Guild is actually all right but then I remembered how consistently he's acted hurt, insane, or under some sort of duress for no other reason than to perform some sort of sick human experiment (or to swindle somebody) that the only proper response I could think of is to just go ahead and let the bigger circus form around his own.

Or to put it more ironically: Guild has cried "wolf" too many times.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2013, 06:29:55 PM »

Guild's handle has now changed so that it is merely making statements about my feelings toward another poster that I'm pretty sure aren't true. So basically it's just the rough facsimile of sympathy for whatever is bothering Guild that's going on right now.

I'd like Guild to feel better, but I'm pretty sure all I can do at this time is to suggest letting some sleep clear out the unhappiness a little.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2013, 08:55:43 PM »

Guild's handle has now changed so that it is merely making statements about my feelings toward another poster that I'm pretty sure aren't true. So basically it's just the rough facsimile of sympathy for whatever is bothering Guild that's going on right now.

I'd like Guild to feel better, but I'm pretty sure all I can do at this time is to suggest letting some sleep clear out the unhappiness a little.

no no the change wasn't about you i was just being grumpy over all the fucking gossip and problems

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2013, 08:56:49 PM »

I've been tempted to call a halt to the derision and ask if Guild is actually all right but then I remembered how consistently he's acted hurt, insane, or under some sort of duress for no other reason than to perform some sort of sick human experiment (or to swindle somebody) that the only proper response I could think of is to just go ahead and let the bigger circus form around his own.

Or to put it more ironically: Guild has cried "wolf" too many times.

man brent i've always thought you were cool, maybe you can pm me whatever you think i've done that was sociopathic if you don't want to air my dirty laundry or whatever but expect me to explain the misunderstandings as that is all they'd be

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2013, 08:57:47 PM »

I don't know what to say here. Looks to me like Guild has reached the point where the only answer that will be acceptable is the one he's already decided he wants to hear.

no man i'm finally confronting people here, it's what grown-ups do, and usually i do it very privately and softly but in this case i feel a hard line has to be taken

labeling people is wrong wrong wrong it's the wrongest thing ever

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2013, 08:58:58 PM »

Guild, look. I don't think you're a bad guy, notwithstanding your belief that you're some sort of master manipulator, your hobby of pissing people off, your harebrained ponzi schemes, and the way you make even the most straightforward of interactions feel like a prelude to being defrauded. You run a mean game of D&D, and when you aren't trying to be avant-garde you're even pretty pleasant and insightful and unique.

I feel bad that you seem to find it impossible to fit in, but you have to understand that you basically did this to yourself. patito may be right in that you need help that we can't give you, and the reason we can't give it to you is because you think you can trick and browbeat us into accepting you out of pity (I know you think you can do that because you're trying it right now).

You have to want to change yourself, not just our opinion of you.

all that shit was just a way of talking, like my own language, i'm trying to show people the irony of all that stuff, hence why i make people feel cheated when actually i gain nothing and hopefully they lose nthing, i'm trying to open people's eyes - the world is going to suck and poeple are going to use us, and we have to be prepared for it
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4