Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

Guildovote

you fucking bastards
- 0 (0%)
becuase
- 0 (0%)
calling me a sociopath?!
- 4 (17.4%)
that's not nice and untrue
- 0 (0%)
high-contextually
- 1 (4.3%)
escape your wrath once and a while
- 1 (4.3%)
tyrannical
- 1 (4.3%)
thad's got some great ideas
- 1 (4.3%)
sorry if i pissed anyone off
- 0 (0%)
homophobes-are-closeted
- 1 (4.3%)
i'll come back in a few years maybe
- 5 (21.7%)
remember radical meme theory is going to save us from ourselves and who you know who designed the whole stupid lie
- 3 (13%)
Guild
- 6 (26.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: ugh disgusting  (Read 4551 times)

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: ugh disgusting
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2013, 09:00:46 PM »

Guild you are an interesting intelligent guy and my life is richer for knowing the world has someone like you in it. But you do act pretty ridiculous sometimes! Which is a side effect of being interesting I suppose. See, everyone likes me but I am pretty boring! Like corn flakes or nice fresh toast with nothing on it. Is that better? I dunno, man. Anyway you can't be liked by everyone all the time, you should probably not have a freakdown about it.

i do have a MAJOR problem with people not liking me... i guess i see it as a personal failure since i feel such .... what's the word... love for everyone you know? i think every single person i meet is special and unique ... i guess it's sappy but it's true, i just have the MOST ODDEST way of communicating, but rather than change it i think i'll just stick to it... it IS unique and i don't think i've ever met anyone willing to trash their own reputation to make a point like i do
It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2013, 09:01:59 PM »

i'm looking for a modicum of empathy

you know, that thing a whole forum of people i've always supported and loved are accusing me of not having

just a bit

You, who are without mercy, now plead for it?  I thought you were made of sterner stuff.

let's just say it's a great platform for getting a real discussion going, since my first post was met with derision - it worked! can you accept an apology for all the evil shit i've said? know i said it out of secret admiration, and my goal was always to learn from you
It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2013, 09:03:48 PM »

you know, that thing a whole forum of people i've always supported and loved are accusing me of not having

just a bit

I literally reached out and tried to empathize with you and your response was to give me such severe chest pains I thought I was having a heart attack.

i saved the logs of this, maybe we can talk about what happened? i don't see mafia games as being a big deal to lie, and i was trying to get you to admit you were dracula so i could find the weretiger, sorry i came across so harsh it was just me playing a game, the only arena i feel safe threatening people is in pretend land and i'm truly sorry you got upset, mostly i wanted to get you onboard with the cabal

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2013, 09:05:19 PM »

Guild, honestly, I do think you need some help, like, professional help, I just don't think we can provide that help ourselves.

i've been in therapy for a decade

longer if you count meditation and medications

thanks for your concern, maybe you can PM me some specific concerns you have if you don't want to air dirty laundry, though hopefully i've opened up a context for doing exactly that with this thread? anyway no hard feelings dude everybody who armchairs psychology is a jerk THAT WAS A JOKE

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2013, 09:05:52 PM »

Guild just went full CyanPrime.

Never go full CyanPrime.

cyanprime is a person and it's not nice to label people ever

don't ever do that, ok?

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2013, 09:11:17 PM »

Guild's handle has now changed so that it is merely making statements about my feelings toward another poster that I'm pretty sure aren't true. So basically it's just the rough facsimile of sympathy for whatever is bothering Guild that's going on right now.

I'd like Guild to feel better, but I'm pretty sure all I can do at this time is to suggest letting some sleep clear out the unhappiness a little.

no no the change wasn't about you i was just being grumpy over all the fucking gossip and problems
No, no, it's good. Guido thing is gone.
I'm kind of having trouble parsing the rest of your comments as being consistent with each other.

And I mean... Brent-Dragoon didn't call you a sociopath? I don't know if what he did say was more offensive, but at least he didn't do that.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2013, 09:12:57 PM »

i don't think i've ever met anyone willing to trash their own reputation to make a point like i do

The fact that this thread exists suggests otherwise. You regret that you willingly trashed your reputation, and now you're trying to salvage it. I expect it won't work because you're simultaneously proclaiming your intention not to change.
...but is it art?

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2013, 09:13:54 PM »

it's impossible to offend a sociopath :)

nah bongo i don't actually give a shit about my reputation this whoe thread, like everything i've ever said, was a lie from the start

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2013, 09:14:27 PM »

i'll tell you guys something true

i really do like you all and thanks for the years of entertainment and joy

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2013, 09:19:01 PM »

it IS unique and i don't think i've ever met anyone willing to trash their own reputation to make a point like i do

CyanPrime immediately comes to mind.
"And it is because they have fallen prey to a weakened, feminized version of Christianity that is only about softer virtues such as compassion and not in any part about the muscular Christian virtues of individual responsibility and accountability."

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2013, 09:20:18 PM »

just a bit

I literally reached out and tried to empathize with you and your response was to give me such severe chest pains I thought I was having a heart attack.

i saved the logs of this, maybe we can talk about what happened? i don't see mafia games as being a big deal to lie, and i was trying to get you to admit you were dracula so i could find the weretiger, sorry i came across so harsh it was just me playing a game, the only arena i feel safe threatening people is in pretend land and i'm truly sorry you got upset, mostly i wanted to get you onboard with the cabal

The fact that you only see that point as the problem area, and ignore -everything else that was not the wolf game- is insulting and aggrivating.

Look, Guild. I can't tell if you're tricking me or not. None of us can. This is a problem. As Brentai put it in a masterful way, you've cried wolf too many times. If you are genuine about your desires and protests here, then you have a very long road ahead of you to build up any modicum of trust and respect with us. You have, over the years, murdered this trust that we afford you. You have made us so skeptical and cautious about you, that nothing you say or do will ever register to us. We will always take what you're saying as some further attempt to manipulate us to your own goals, or just to be batshit insane.

If you are genuine about this, you need to start now. Stand up and take a break for a while. A week, a month, a year. Take a moment away from us to both give us a break from this, and for you to forcefully examine yourself. You need to understand very, very hard what it is we do not like about you. You need to get past the image you've built up for yourself, that both here, and on TalkingTime, is mocked and ridiculed.

You are not a master manipulator. You are not some Godking Puppetmaster, conducting sociological experiments on a whim, able to whip the ignorant masses into a frenzy with nary a few keystrokes. You are a broken, hurt person. You are someone who needs to sit down, and consider for a moment, that the other side may be right. That the response to criticism is not to rebuff and try and play it off, but to consider the truth of the matter. You are weak. We all are weak. Those of us that accept that we are weak can become strong. You need to accept that you are weak.

Leave us for a while, and try to learn about yourself. Try to change yourself. Get help. I am serious when I say this. Go get help. Get a dedicated professional to talk to you. Open up with them. Be as honest as you can humanly be. Do not deceive, do not cheat. This alone is hard for you to accomplish, but you will never get better unless you accept that you do not always need to lie, cheat, and steal to get ahead. Learn about yourself, better yourself, and return a better person. Prove everyone who mocked you in this thread wrong by evolving into someone who is a genuinely good person.

However, if all of this thread is just another scheme by you to get pity, then go fuck yourself.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2013, 09:28:31 PM »

well i got halfway into that wall

uh, i gave you like 2 years?

mmmmmmmm sorry again you got offended, lesson learned i'll never EVEr talk to about or near you again?

i secretly like cyanprime :D

edit that wasn't fair lyrai, i read the whole thing and all i have to say is that every day, every hour, every minute i consider othe ropinions

i just don't express the fact that i'm doing it

my primary language is body language, english is secondary

that's why the internet is such a weird place for me, but i like how it works and i like the interactions

but you're getting your wish, i'm not coming back here and i'm doing it ONLY, ONLY for your sake, because i think you're a cool perosn

i've never asked for pity, the pity play was an attempt to start a dialogue i know you'll never get me it's ok, i'm weird as fuck

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2013, 09:34:52 PM »

oh i forgot to put up ads

google "free logo thread" and check out my lps on talkingtime, also i'm writing a book about radical memetics but it won't be out for a loooonog time i got a lot of work to do on it

Do you need branding for your business? I work exclusively online and have an extensive portfolio. Contact me at right.s.f@gmail.com for details! My rates are reasonable and the product I produce is priceless! Remember, brand is the most valuable asset your business can invest in. Be sure to do it right the first time!

upthorn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2013, 09:51:21 PM »

everyone: so, I know I've never been super active in this community, but I don't think guild is a sociopath.

guild: that said, you have put a lot of time and effort into playing roles on here and on IRC, and the result is that people can't trust you, because they have lost all ability to tell whether or not you are being genuine at any given moment. It's never as obvious as you think. Your last two posts before mine in this thread serve as an excellent example of the kind of stuff that makes people look askew at you. You went from what looked like you were being genuine and serious to what looks like obvious bullshit, and the sudden jarring transition casts doubt on all the genuine-seeming stuff before it.
signature

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2013, 09:52:08 PM »

Quote from: Guild's signature

You're not all that hard to figure out. You're going to take whatever I say is true about you and do something that superficially appears to be the exact opposite, and play the whole thing off as some number of layers of "irony," maybe with some reverse-psychology-themed pratfalls.

That's because you're trying to believe in this mythologized version of yourself - Guild the disruptive rebel who plays by his own rules, Guild with rare insights into the nature of humanity, Guild the dark mirror held up to society, Guild the marketing jester, Guild who's kind of a joke but at least he's different right? - and anything that suggests that people dislike you for different reasons than you want to believe they do is a threat to that image.

You're trying to convince yourself of that, not us, of course. We'd rather have a regular guy than an irony ninja - or an insecure narcissist trying to be one - any day of the week, and we've told you so. But it's frightening, isn't it? What are you, if not that character, that clown, that "asshole [we] hate"? Without your identity, how can you have anything else? There's no easy answer, but you should nevertheless do your best to try to confront these issues.

And for the love of god, stay on your meds. (n.b. the following is a Talking Time post responding to the question of whether he's been evaluated for ADD or ADHD.)
Quote from: Guild
I'll just answer: So yes. I never took many of the pills they gave me though. I saw needing medication as a weakness. Not sure if my coping mechanisms are actually a better option, but I like myself more when I'm not on speed.
This? Knock that shit off. You're not going to get better by ignoring your physician.
...but is it art?

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2013, 10:29:44 PM »

Karma++;
Though, I don't know what, "regular guy," means. I'd settle for being able to believe that when guild lays down realtalk that he's actually honoring some kind of commitment to be as honest as he can be (I'm sure I still deal in wishful thinking on several personal topics instead of facts, so I can't really demand honesty or objectivity). Having guild do his mad thing in wolf games or as a game master is part of his appeal.

Also, whenever I was using my medication I mostly got depressed and lonely, so my physician suggested I cut it out since we wouldn't have the opportunity to find something that worked and was within my price range.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2013, 12:11:58 AM »

Let's get to the nub here:

Guild, not a single person on these boards trusts you.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2013, 12:20:32 AM »

Not true, but he knows my opinion on how he acts. I've told him that I can't keep defending him based upon the person I personally know him to be if he's not willing to be that person at all when he's here, just fyi.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2013, 12:31:44 AM »

Guild, not a single person on these boards trusts you.

Not true: I trust Guild to be Guild.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2013, 02:22:20 AM »

maybe you can pm me whatever you think i've done that was sociopathic

Nah, let's just do this.

let's just say it's a great platform for getting a real discussion going, since my first post was met with derision - it worked!

nah bongo i don't actually give a shit about my reputation this whoe thread, like everything i've ever said, was a lie from the start

i've never asked for pity, the pity play was an attempt to start a dialogue i know you'll never get me it's ok, i'm weird as fuck

Did you ever stop to think that maybe not all of us actually think of you as "the asshole you hate"?

Did you ever take a moment to consider how it makes your friends feel when you lie to and manipulate them constantly?

If you never did... that's sociopathic.

And if you did, and decided that you didn't care, then you're an asshole that I hate.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4