Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: We're cute! We're scary! We love to LP Final Fantasy IV Advance!  (Read 33568 times)

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
Re: We're cute! We're scary! We love to LP Final Fantasy IV Advance!
« Reply #500 on: August 16, 2013, 01:30:16 AM »

Wait.

"Zenny" is a real thing?

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 16, 2013, 01:57:54 AM »

Yes, "zeni" means "coin" or "money".
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 16, 2013, 11:19:32 AM »

No! Who would fix the servers when a TF update went awry?!

???: You wish to deny who you really are?
Mars: I wish to deny my weakness!
???: Then I shall become you. Desire is all humans' source of power!

The monster turns into the purple-tinged evil Mars, grabs the bloodstained lance, and attacks!

As with Brent's trial to become a paladin, attacking here will just get you killed. You have to wait, as before.

As Mars redoubles her vow to overcome the darkness in her own heart, the Dark Mars leaps offscreen, leaving a massive explosion!

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 16, 2013, 11:32:19 AM »

Mars' inner self is apparently a dude named Kain.

Mars?  Is there something you want to talk about?

Wait.

"Zenny" is a real thing?

I remember reading a long time ago that a zeni is an archaic unit of Japanese currency worth about 1/10 or 1/100 of a yen (and thus rendered completely worthless due to inflation), but I can't find any source to back that up now.  It does kind of make sense that they'd use an old form of currency for games that supposedly take place long ago, the same way in western settings you have people carrying around actual gold coins instead of legal tender (which probably nobody did but hey).

MarsDragon

• NO FUCKS LEFT TO GIVE
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 16, 2013, 11:36:52 AM »

Stabbing Brent is pretty much my ideal future, yeah.

In... the way you usually mean it, or the way Lyrai meant it?

Both :vladtheimpaler:

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 16, 2013, 11:38:24 AM »

That...does seem like a programming oversight. How hard would it have been to make the Dark Kain be Dark [$NAME]?

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 16, 2013, 11:42:40 AM »

The explosion reveals Mars's true nemesis: Lunar Bahamut. Fought one-on-one!

The countdown starts at 3, rather than 5.

To win, you wait until the counter reaches 1...

...and Jump so that Mega Flare triggers while its only target is in the air. Lunar Bahamut counterattacks with a physical hit once Mars lands, but that's no big deal.

I eventually realized that Mega Flare at this level, and through the magic defense provided by the Hero's Shield, does only a smidge over 1000 damage. So a mechanically interesting battle turns into a plain ol' beatdown.

The Dragoon Gloves improve the Jump command so that Mars springs off an enemy and hits it again before landing, doing grievous harm. I'm not sure if it straight doubles damage or just gives it a boost, and it doesn't matter, because by this point she's likely doing 9999 damage either way.

Abel's Lance is Mars's ultimate weapon, maxing attack power and occasionally casting Tornado when it hits. Through software bug or design, the spell even triggers on monsters normally immune to Tornado -- it's now possible to two-hit the Brachioraidos if you're lucky.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 16, 2013, 11:48:38 AM »

I may not have any Adamant Armor, but with the second Village of the Moon item shop, I can pretty well break the game anyway.

Having 154 Megalixirs really lets you clean up your inventory. No need for any level of potion or ether, anymore!

Did I mention you can get more than one Hero's Shield, limited only by the number of times you go into the Lunar Ruins to reach the level it's on? Because you can. And the Hero's Shield makes every subsequent fight with Brachioraidos easier, because his attacks are just that much less likely to wipe the party.

hahahaha

Seriously man what can you do? Friday doesn't even need to cast magic anymore, she can just throw Megalixirs every turn if I feel like it.

Zeromus EG's combination Earthquake/Tidal Wave/Flame attack? Not even remotely scary.

The Grimoires don't act as summon items in this fight... but some of them have extra effects. The Grimoire LA will poison Zeromus EG for a little while, not like you'd notice the gradual HP slip before he recovers.

But the Grimoire LD? Well...

I am pretty certain that is something that is never supposed to happen to a final boss.

Aww, he transforms back before he dies! I wanted the dramatic, thunderclap-announced slow disintegrate to mark the death of a harmless amphibian. ::(:

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 16, 2013, 12:11:19 PM »

And... well, I guess that's it. That's all the game and the post-plot dungeon.

Brent's final stats, both unequipped and fully loaded with Lightbringer/Hero's Shield/Ribbon/Caesar Plate/Protect Ring. His strength and stamina are naturally capped, making him a tank, but his middling Spirit means he'd make a decent white mage if he didn't stop learning spells at Cura and Esuna.

Mars, naked and fully equipped with Hero's Shield/Abel's Lance/Ribbon/Dragoon Plate/Dragoon Gloves. Agility nearing the cap makes him crazy-fast. It's a shame the flawed ATB system means she takes forever to actually jump after you give the command, though.

Friday's loadout is the Yoichi Bow and Perseus Arrows, because her Spirit is naturally maxed out and equipping a staff doesn't make it go any higher. Since bows and arrows occupy both hand slots, though, she's left without the Hero's Shield for all its myriad boosts. But it doesn't matter -- at this point, I have 150 Megalixirs. I don't need a white mage.

Lyrai has always been my lowest-leveled party member. I'm not sure why. She gets shuffled out of the party enough that leaked or shared experience should still count, so I don't get it. She might just plain level up slower than anyone else; her total experience accrued seems to indicate this is the case.

Anyway, her Intellect is near the cap, but not so far that I feel obliged to equip her with a rod instead of the Assassin's Dagger. That accounts for the massive jump in her Agility, which a turtle-slow caster like Lyrai benefits from greatly.

Kabbage's gear -- the Hand of the Gods and Dragon's Claw, Ribbon, Battle Suit, and Discipline Armlet -- don't do much for his base stats. Tellingly, his attack power stays exactly the same; only his accuracy goes up. But the poor guy stopped being viable twenty levels ago because of his buggy HP growth. Sorry, Kabbage.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 16, 2013, 12:15:30 PM »

The monster turns into the purple-tinged evil Mars, grabs the bloodstained lance, and attacks!
Okay, that is a great post-game quest.

I am pretty certain that is something that is never supposed to happen to a final boss.
the greatest thing that could possibly happen in this battle

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: August 16, 2013, 12:24:12 PM »

Zara can't equip the Assassin's Dagger, probably due to another bug (or programmer's confusion, because MCE can). So he's stuck with the Asura's Rod, which does him no particular favors. Asura's Rod boosts Intelligence, which he doesn't need, and Spirit, which is only used to cast Holy out of the Asura's Rod itself. At least his armor gives him a good Agility boost -- again, as a sluggish caster-type, he needs it.

Again, my post-Princess-Flan shopping spree obviates the need for white mages in general.

While his stat growth for the past 30 levels has been impressive, Romo still isn't able to reach the cap in any of his stats, even with his very nice equipment boosts. Again, it doesn't help that he can't equip the Hero's Shield and still use his one useful character ability -- and equipping the Shield leaves him with the Assassin's Dagger, which either halves his damage output or doubles his damage taken, depending on how you look at battle row formations.

Disposable Ninja's equipment -- including the katanas Mutsonokami and Sasuke's Katana, which I didn't mention getting in the writeup because who cares -- gives him a well-rounded boost to all his stats. Including Spirit, for some reason, while I'm pretty certain his ninjutsu magic is based on Intellect. As always, don't let that raw attack power fool you -- his katanas do only half damage from the back row, where he still belongs thanks to his crappy defenses. Even the mages can take an asskicking better than he can!

Niku is a hoss, like always. I think his Fiery Hammer gives him a boost to Intelligence so that the Flares it procs aren't a total waste of time, but really his focus is right where it should be: Strength and Stamina. His endgame equipment is a little disappointing in raw defensive power, though, as he's outdone by the other heavily-armored frontline fighters Brent and Mars.

MarsDragon

• NO FUCKS LEFT TO GIVE
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 16, 2013, 01:38:46 PM »

DEFEATED THE GOD OF DRAGONS SINGLE-HANDED

WHO IS BEST DRAGOON

IT IS ME

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 16, 2013, 04:26:35 PM »

Did I get the last shot?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26]