Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: Absolutely shameless game plug.  (Read 378 times)

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Absolutely shameless game plug.
« on: August 09, 2013, 02:03:19 PM »

Okay, so the fellow who made this small Android game, Jacob's Ladder is actually a friend of mine whom Starr and I hang out with whenever we're in Seattle. He's a good guy and the game is legitimately well-liked by most of the people I know who've tried it.

What's neat is he recently got his first fan email ever. And wow, what an email:

Good day Mr. Himel,

I have no questions about your game Sir. I just want to say I have not played a game like this before. Your creation touched and somehow inspired and encouraged me to try to go and explore the outside world even though it's scary at times. I have come to realize that life is beautiful after all. I almost got teary-eyed. I can't believe there's a game like this. A unique and delightful experience. Everytime I see the game in my phone, I can't help it but smile. All is perfect to me. You are a genius Mr. Himel!

Thank you for sharing a true hidden gem in the app store.

<name>,
Philippines

Anyway, while I don't have an Android phone (though supposedly I can run them on my phone with some doohickery), I can shamelessly plug for him.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
Re: Absolutely shameless game plug.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 01:26:01 PM »

Bought. Backgrounds in the screenshots look lovely.