Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: I done made one of them Twine games  (Read 515 times)

Healy

• Tested
    • View Profile
I done made one of them Twine games
« on: November 01, 2013, 12:14:03 PM »

For Ectocomp, a yearly Halloween IF Competition. You can download the whole Comp here. I entered the game You are a Blob! under the name SoftSoft. If you prefer to play the entry by itself, I also uploaded it on Glorious Trainwrecks, where I put most of my game junk. It also has some backstory, which I'll copy and paste here:
You are a Blob actually wasn't my first [Ectocomp] game idea (a choice-based adaption of "Jacked Up Jack-o-Lantern" from the Regular Show Trilogy of Terror 3), but an eight-year-old was getting cold feet about entering, so I vowed to make a game so crappy it would make everyone else's game shine like gold! Which turned out to be no small feat, because everyone and their mother entered a game (or two) this year, for a grand total of 24 entries. But I think I gave it a good run.
At least one dude has called it "an ultra-cute Halloween-themed The Gostak for kids", so if that description interests you, check it out!

(And please, by all means check out the rest of the Ectocomp if you like this piece. In particular, Adelynn Snyder, to whom You are a Blob! is dedicated, entered a charmingly old-fashioned CYOA called Trick or Treat, while Chemistry and Physics, by Colin Sandel and Carolyn VanEseltine, is actually a scary and tense piece of work.)
the assassination of video james by the coward electronic arts

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
Re: I done made one of them Twine games
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 06:16:57 PM »

Wow, I am intrigued at a minimum by anything that's eliciting comparisons to The Gostak! Let me play this! And also encourage the assembly to make a Twine game already! (I am counting myself in the assembly.)
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
Re: I done made one of them Twine games
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 06:22:16 PM »

I think I got the romance ending. This is really cute! I am going to play more after I sleep.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.