Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Starbound  (Read 6963 times)

Angryoptimist

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound
« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2013, 07:52:53 PM »

Figured there'd be a thread on this here.

I found this:

A nice place to get soft bricks, if you're averse to tearing apart Glitch villages.  Thought I saw a screenshot with some sort of brick biome on /r/starbound, but model houses and lampposts are new on me.

It's at Alpha 29 Cyg 6410 IV (13077918, -81393926), relatively deep under ground, but that was Indignant Koala.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2013, 12:23:40 AM »

I wish this didn't crash when I switch planets.  Or just after a while.

That said, damn this is amusing.  So am I doing things right by finding a likely cave, plumbing it's depths until I hit a dead end, then finding a soft wall and digging until I succumb to some chthonic horror?

Also this arid moon keeps shitting precious metals at me where is the iron goddamn it?!

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2013, 05:21:25 AM »

I got a dedicated server from Brentai's link, but apparently there's some global issue all their servers have been having since the last patch and currently it can't connect.

Happy Merry?

Anyway, once their admins or someone who knows more about dedicated servers than me fuck with things enough to get it running, look for good times on starbrontos.clansevers.com.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2013, 05:25:01 AM »

As an aside, GS told me they'd actually be willing to install a different OS so we can stop running face-first into CentOS's bullshit, so there's an option.  That still sounds like a pain to do remotely / doesn't solve our disk space issue though.

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2013, 06:36:06 PM »

66.55.158.58 is running now.

Angryoptimist

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2013, 09:23:42 PM »

Logic gates in the next update, including a XOR gate.

Looking forward to not having to make everyting out of NORs!  Nice, compact wiring.

EDIT:  Also, what's the intended procedure with the server?  Start a new character for it?  Come there with a mountain of resources and try to build a skull castle?

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2013, 03:17:33 AM »

I feel like this isn't the sort of game that requires a new character. The superheroes can fuck off in other sectors doing their thing and only interact with anyone starting from scratch if the parties both intend to.

That said, though I haven't actually seen anyone on the server yet, all that's seemed to happen is someone cleared out an Avian tomb on the starting planet and left the molten core in a chest at spawn.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2013, 03:55:20 AM »

So what you're saying is we really need to set a playdate?

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2013, 11:28:07 AM »

I have tomorrow (Thursday) off work.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2013, 11:51:18 PM »

I've popped in a couple times, but nobody was on so I've just fucked around a bit in X sector with my increasingly extravagant flying skull castle.

So, yeah. Play date. Anybody doing anything Sunday or Monday night?

Angryoptimist

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2013, 01:15:01 AM »

I've popped in a couple times, but nobody was on so I've just fucked around a bit in X sector with my increasingly extravagant flying skull castle.

Just made it to X sector.  My strategy of summoning the boss on an airship and letting the pirates kill it hasn't failed me yet.

Also, what mod are you using for your ship?

So, yeah. Play date. Anybody doing anything Sunday or Monday night?

I could be on for either, at least.  Ballpark the time?

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2013, 09:24:15 PM »

Nine Pacific work for anyone? I can probably manage a little earlier, but I can make it by then at the latest.

Oh, and I've I've been using the sandbox ship mod: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/build-your-own-ship-sandbox-ship.41890/

I'm actually disheartened to hear that they're planning some sort of modular ship upgrade system. I really can't see anything being better than just slapping together whatever we like. If only for the inevitable fleets of flying cocks.

Also, I found a non-hostile Avian village with a weird absence of shrines, priests, or references to their god other than several volumes of "The Kulex Delusion" on their bookshelves. So, yeah, the non-asshole Avians are a bunch of outcast atheists who call themselves The Grounded. I think that's absolutely fucking adorable.

I still robbed them blind, though.

The devs have mentioned putting something in place to turn villages hostile if you take their shit in plain view. Here's hoping you can put buckets over their heads.

Also, I seriously hope they set it so all bosses can break bricks. It's kind of a joke just making a spider hole and plinking them to death with an iron bow. Before the last update it was pretty fucking epic to take down the penguin ship while falling back behind a deteriorating series of bunkers.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2013, 04:21:11 AM »

I feel like the Devs don't need to since there's already this mod.

Angryoptimist

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2013, 04:25:10 AM »

9PM PST's fine for me.  I'll be on.

Before they make the bosses more challenging, I wish they'd reduce the floatiness of the controls and make the weapons feel less pathetic.

Maybe I'm asking for a lot, but I'd like for them to shoot for Symphony of the Night.  Make the combat feel that tight; make the weapons roughly that effective.

Failing that, I'd like for them to add flushing functionality to the toliets and let us flush all those crap weapons down them.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2013, 09:23:05 AM »

The looted weapons are such shit right now. Even at higher tiers I've had one or two melee weapons that were marginally better than what I was carrying, and not as good as what I could craft at that tier. I got a nifty knife that fired a vacuum wave, but it did peanuts for damage. At lower tiers I found tons of junk that did ~7-9 dps. Utterly pointless.

Also, we really need some way of crafting firearms. I've yet to find a single one, and gun merchants, if you're lucky enough to trip over one, sell complete rubbish.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2013, 01:48:03 PM »

You'll basically be regulated to whatever tier hammer you can craft at the moment until you hit Tier 10, at which point you'll immediately find a grenade launcher that one-shots everything in the game.  At least, that's been my experience.

Angryoptimist

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2013, 08:14:59 PM »

So, ABC files.  LOTRO used them, so does this.

Here's a couple places to get some:

/r/StarboundSongbase

LOTRO-ABC.com -- Annoying flash ad, but it has stuff.

There's a couple others, but I'm forgetting them right now.

EDIT: To anyone who was on last night (esp. Sharkey, with his custom ship), probably back up your .shipworld before starting the game again.  The update wipes your ship world.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2013, 08:43:31 PM »

Man, that was fun. I've got tomorrow free, so I'll blow the rest of the night mining crap to twink out anyone who needs impervium gear and also a shitload of fucking hamburgers because they're the best damn thing. Fuck your automatoes.

Angryoptimist

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2013, 01:59:27 AM »

Okay, so the latest update nukes my ship and my homeworld, so all that stuff is gone.

But that's okay, because it does NOT nuke my character.

EDIT:  Looking at the changelog, I'm provisionally considering it a pretty good trade.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2013, 12:24:05 PM »

Yeah, this update looks fantastic but dammit I lost my magnificent flying castle.

Meh, at least I still have what I was wearing. Here's hoping they get that custom ship mod working again soon. I wouldn't mind building a new one.

Gotta reboot the server if we're gonna play again, though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9