Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Starbound  (Read 8387 times)

sei

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound
« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2014, 07:09:06 PM »

Might not be that bad throwing together something in flask, sinatra, etc., depending on what you wrote it in.

Angryoptimist

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 14, 2014, 06:46:05 AM »

It's Python, so I guess Flask.  I'll do my best to put the code in a state where it's relatively convenient to do this.  And it'd solve the problem of Windows deployment, I suppose.  I warn that's it's Python 3 code and I'm using Pillow (the fork of PIL that's actually maintained) for the image editing.  So it's, well, slow.  Also, I'm iterating through all the pixels in the overlay image (so sue me, I went for the naive solution); that probably doesn't help.

I've decided to do a basic GUI myself.  Been looking for an excuse to mess with PySide.

I'll also look into packaging for Windows, but I'm not sure how well I'll do with that, considering I don't have Windows.  We'll see.  If I don't find anything I like or can't put it together in a timely fashion, I'll just dump the code here and let someone else figure it out.

Angryoptimist

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2014, 11:39:38 AM »

Sharkey, you karmawhore.  Chuckled at your name for it, though.

In other news, I've got my code in a mostly shareable state.  I'll try to put it up on github or something tonight, but I might not manage that; my mother's in the hospital (since last night) and my available mindshare is mostly dedicated to worrying about that.  Things are (were) proceding apace with PySide, but I don't think I'll get around to that right away, given things, so anyone who wants to can look into throwing a GUI on it without fear of duplicating effort (at least for the time being). EDIT EDIT:  Well, that was fast; she's out and okay.  Guess I'll start back up on looking into that GUI.

EDIT: Alright, here's the code.  I'm not completely satisfied with it, but I figure it's better to have it out there.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]