Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Starbound  (Read 14711 times)

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2013, 02:19:24 PM »

Damn, forgot to backup before launching Steam and got my ship et by the autoupdater.  I keep all my ore in my pockets, though, so no big loss.

Angryoptimist

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2013, 03:25:06 PM »

I found another mod that's been updated for Angry Koala.  You'd have to start a new character, though, probably because it's an actual mod as opposed to a specially-crafted .shipworld.  (Actually, maybe it'd work for an existing character if I installed the mod and deleted the .shipworld?  I'll have to try that later.)

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 23, 2013, 04:19:46 PM »

Does the ship carry over to vanilla multiplayer? I'm guessing not. I'd check, but the chucklefish forums are down.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2013, 04:46:14 PM »

I've been super busy and not really able to keep track of things, but if certain mods become standard I'll try to get them on the server.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 23, 2013, 08:15:13 PM »

Well, this one looks like it works in vanilla, anyway: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/fully-customizable-ship.39/

I'll try it out tomorrow.

Angryoptimist

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 24, 2013, 02:52:39 AM »

Does the ship carry over to vanilla multiplayer? I'm guessing not. I'd check, but the chucklefish forums are down.

Mod creator indicates that it does in a reply.  I'm willing to gamble that it'll work, so I'll be trying it out next time I'm on.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 24, 2013, 08:00:10 PM »

From now on I'm mounting all border defense turrets on tiny ruined statues of Liberty. Because irony and also the Irish.

That fuzzy white flying squirrel thing? It wants our jobs and our women and Lady Liberty don't know shit about how to lead a target.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #127 on: December 24, 2013, 10:39:03 PM »

Of course she can't lead, she's French.

Angryoptimist

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 25, 2013, 02:10:55 AM »

Hey guys!  I found one of the new events!  Meteor strikes:

If you're wondering what the tower of lockers are about, that's because I had just finished filling a bunch of lockers just undergound when 3 meteors decided to drop in.

"Huh, a planetoid is falling in the background?  Looks kinda big for that."  "What?  It hit the ground-"  "It hit my lockers, shit!"  "There's two more! FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK"

The item garbage collection period is way too fucking short.

Also, it'd be nice if this didn't happen:

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 26, 2013, 05:02:47 AM »

Would it be uncouth/gauche/unwelcome if I share the server with a couple of dopes whom I've shared the joy of StarBound with?

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 26, 2013, 09:56:13 AM »

The youngest of my siblings managed to puzzle out how to make a local server almost entirely without my help. It turns out when my decrepit rig isn't dealing with StarBound physics, the game runs way more nicely and less crash-y.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2013, 05:53:40 AM »

So do we have a server somewhere? Looks like the one we were playing on earlier still isn't updated for Angry K.

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2013, 06:12:34 AM »

Classic (the boring) basically needs a server to play on.
Or derp happens. More Derp than usual.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2013, 01:02:49 PM »

So do we have a server somewhere? Looks like the one we were playing on earlier still isn't updated for Angry K.
I've been super busy and not really able to keep track of things, but if certain mods become standard I'll try to get them on the server.

I can't update if no one tells me stuff. There was apparently an issue with the quest progress files.

66.55.158.58 up and working again.

Anyone who wants admin duties is still welcome to sign up as well.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2013, 03:55:35 PM »

I finally rebuilt my godamn spaceship/flying-skull-castle. It's... erm, bigger now.

This is just the fucking figurehead at the prow. Cave full of graves and mausolea behind, lots of skulls on sticks, prisoner cages hanging above and below the keel, and it gets nastier around the vivisection rooms. Just sort of a by-product of decorating with plunder from the worst parts of every civilization. Oh, and you can just see some of the roots of the world tree this thing is using for a sail. I might have overdone it this time.

I figure after killing every man, woman, child, and fish in every settlement in a dozen star systems and completely leveling their towns with nothing more than a fucking hammer, at this point I'm probably the most feared monster in the universe, in a "God is real and he fucking hates you" sort of way. Might as well trick my ride out to match.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2013, 03:58:04 PM »

Angryoptimist

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2013, 05:13:47 PM »

[Sharkey and his gigantic fucking skull castle]

It sorta irritates me that yours already looks like it might be cooler than mine, and I'm not even done.

Should've gone with the mod you went with--giving myself so much space to work with was a huge mistake.  The smaller size is a mercy; with the bigger one, the scope's already grown past the point where it stops being fun.  But, well, I've got to finish it--can't play the game normally until I've finished it.

Anyone else like that in building games?  Don't know when to stop/can't stop?  Scale projects past the point of fun?

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2013, 06:56:46 AM »

I actually did go with the bigger ship mod this time (or a blank map generated by one, anyway.) I'd say this one is maybe 2/3x bigger than my old one if you don't count the fucking tree, which I made when I was so stoned I don't even remember doing it, so it was kind of a surprise present from my past self the next day that causes massive lag. I originally drew a much larger outline but said nah, fuckit as I started filling things in. This time I started from the middle back and have just been expanding up and out from there. It'll be a perpetual work in progress, though it's already starting to look like end boss Kefka's pile of random bullshit.

So yeah, totally have that problem with building games. You should see my minecraft world I've been playing on since alpha. My solution is to go for builds where I can just keep glomming crap onto the sides and it'll always look pretty much finished in any state. So glad I didn't go for the "ship in a bottle ship" I originally started out on, though there's nothing to stop me from building a sideways bottle around this thing and half filling it with water some time. Looking forward to seeing what you've come up with.

Malikial

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2013, 08:48:37 AM »

Beat Bandit, OP ME IN THIS SHIT. Now that Holidays is done I will work a MAXIMUM of 4 days a week, so I can be around #FF at night and hear the Siren's Whinging of people wanting to play this and update it... if you teach me how. I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2013, 11:55:01 AM »

You bet your flowery asshole you do.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9