Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: The Amazing Shirt of the Week Club  (Read 22633 times)

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: The Amazing Shirt of the Week Club
« Reply #240 on: July 23, 2013, 04:17:04 AM »

I... felt the same way. Was very surprised to hear this was the season finale. Looks like the first three seasons had 13 episodes each, then the fourth season at 16 (17, if you count PROM as two episodes). This one had 8. It makes me wonder if this is just a mid-season break, but... no indication that this is the case.

Well, that's the pattern.  Check the airdates for season 4 - 1-8 aired October-December of 2009, 9-16 aired September-November of 2010.  Seems likely that this will be the same sort of thing.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 23, 2013, 09:02:45 AM »

Good, good.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #242 on: July 23, 2013, 12:09:25 PM »

Well, that's the pattern.  Check the airdates for season 4 - 1-8 aired October-December of 2009, 9-16 aired September-November of 2010.  Seems likely that this will be the same sort of thing.

Seriously TA, you have got to stop using words like "pattern" and "history" to describe a thing happening one time.

Here are some things I linked two pages ago.

SDCC 2012 interview refers to 10 episodes ordered for season 5, including the Halloween show and counting the premier as two episodes.

Jackson Publick's blog, referring to season 5 episodes going up through #8.

Doesn't mean they won't have new episodes a year from now and call it season 6, but it doesn't mean they will, either.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #243 on: July 23, 2013, 02:38:05 PM »

Thoughts on the finale and on the arc of the last two seasons as a whole: Hank is Dr. Venture's Greatest Triumph.

Zach

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 24, 2013, 05:52:13 PM »

I wasn't overly impressed with most of the Shirt Club offerings this season. I ended up getting the last one though, and had I known about everything in advance, I'd have seriously considered the Palaemon Project one. On the other hand, the season itself was a lot of fun. It was low-key and grounding, without being static.

Thoughts on the finale and on the arc of the last two seasons as a whole: Hank is Dr. Venture's Greatest Triumph.
That's compelling argument, and a good point about how Rusty's good parenting amounts to leaving Hank alone. Still, I'm still not convinced Hank's Doc's greatest creation.

Oh, and the theme -- it's a show about failure -- was nicely restated.
In this Slate interview, Jackson and Doc don't sound happy with how the show's always boiled down to the characters' failures. The takeaway quotes are in the first minute. I guess the distinction is between the show being just about failure, or having several tones, wherein coping with crushed ideals, eternally delayed gratification, and personal foibles is just part of what's going on.

THAD EDIT: Fixed link.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 13, 2013, 11:30:58 PM »

AV Club has an interview with Publick and Hammer about season 5

Touch on a lot of the stuff that's been going on, including letting the characters have a few more triumphs, and the arc of Hank and Dean. Also pretty much says early 2015 for season six.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]