Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

This is not a question.

Yes.
- 5 (7%)
No.
- 1 (1.4%)
I am pro choice
- 4 (5.6%)
That's stupid.
- 5 (7%)
leave this answer blank
- 9 (12.7%)
Are you literite in English?
- 3 (4.2%)
Y
- 1 (1.4%)
N
- 1 (1.4%)
B
- 4 (5.6%)
Are you a US citizen?
- 1 (1.4%)
SERIUOS DEBAET
- 4 (5.6%)
lol fag
- 2 (2.8%)
lol breeder
- 4 (5.6%)
lol is a picture of a man signaling a TD
- 3 (4.2%)
LOCK THIS THREAD
- 9 (12.7%)
trollbait
- 2 (2.8%)
Option 17
- 7 (9.9%)
i fought the law and the law won
- 4 (5.6%)
Not quickly enough.
- 2 (2.8%)
pork
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Guild's a dumbass! [NSFW]  (Read 4108 times)

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Guild's a dumbass! [NSFW]
« on: July 05, 2008, 03:26:24 PM »

i <3 u worsties

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Guild's a dumbass! [NSFW]
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 08:29:39 PM »

roffle what is this thread all about

oh it's guild

he's awesome

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 08:35:54 PM »

:humpf:

do you not have enough attention sir

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 08:50:09 PM »

Kazz is a leader of men. He understands the secret to good conversation: Keep things light and fill the blanks with positive things.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 08:56:57 PM »

Are you drunk again

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 08:59:46 PM »

Lyrai tells it like it is. You know when Lyrai says she likes something it's the honest truth. Lyrai has the kind of panache that starts memes and promotes conflict resolution.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 09:07:26 PM »

:disapprove:

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 09:18:23 PM »

I've had the pleasure of watching Brentai's sense of humor go from blunt-force-trauma funny to razor edge brain-surgery funny over the years. He's a horribly nice person who deserves many good things.

Zach

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 10:14:40 PM »

Very well. Now for a real challenge.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 10:24:18 PM »

Hi Zach. *fingerwiggle*

Newbie, Norondor and Ted Belmont are cool too.

Zach

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 10:46:47 PM »

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 04:13:14 AM »

42 votes divided by 12 respondents = an average of 4 votes each

USE THOSE VOTES PEOPLE

THIS IS IMPORTANT
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 05:16:22 AM »

I only voted once, as i feel that is quite sufficient for making my views plain.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 06:19:06 AM »

:objection:

I WANNA VOTE SIX TIMES

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 06:14:32 PM »

this thread has been cancelled

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: I watched a movie!
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 01:43:53 AM »

I used context in the conversational sense.

When two people who prefer to use a high-context conversation format talk to each other they will both dance around the point always, neither ever quite stating the point, each expecting the other to follow unspoken elements of the conversation as a matter of course. I'm only like 2/3 high-context, but I am strongly in this half of the ballpark.

Here is a high-context conversation in bold, with a more low-context version in parenthesis, and bracketed commentary for clarification on the differences between them:

"My cousin is coming over." (I am excited about my cousin visiting.)
[in high context, the excitement should be read from body language or more importantly simply inferred by the fact that the person mentioned the event at all*]

"Oh, I am very happy for you." (Really? What's the occasion?)
[in either case, these are ways to say "tell me more,' but direct questions are rude in HC]

"We always have a good time." (It's just a visit. Don't fill your head with unnecessary details, dude.)
[the first is not necessarily a conversation closer, however it IS a way of pointedly not continuing the conversation: telling someone to drop a subject would be rude in HC]

Japan is very HC. They call U. S. Americans rude for being direct, while our culture considers indirectness to be rude.

I learned that I was high-context after studying cultural differences for a semester in college. Fascinating subject, and very enlightening. I learned that there's really no such thing as rudeness, but there ARE people to be avoided for their embarassing or hard to deal with style of communication. Brentai is high-context and to a degree so is Sharkey. (you are not high-context at all, Thad) [did you see what i did there]

Man, that was difficult to explain! (please inform me whether I got the point across or not)

*in high context conversations smalltalk is replaced with a comfortable silence (in low context silence is mistaken for stupidity or agreement)

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 07:02:46 AM »

This play is terrible.  You can't just have the characters announce how they feel.  That makes me angry!

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 11:55:18 AM »

When two people who prefer to use a high-context conversation format talk to each other they will both dance around the point always, neither ever quite stating the point, each expecting the other to follow unspoken elements of the conversation as a matter of course. I'm only like 2/3 high-context, but I am strongly in this half of the ballpark.

Okay, I get it.  You took a psych class once and are using that as an excuse for the fact that you love posting incomprehensible gibberish for the single purpose of annoying people.

Replace "psych" with "econ" and we've got your politics covered too.

EDIT: You know what?  You just used the fact that you needed me to explain my post to you as a springboard to explain that you are high-context.  :hurr:

EDIT 2: Actually, come to think of it, that's exactly why I brought up your seeming misuse of "high-context" in the first place.  Another nuance which seems to have sailed over your high-context head.

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 12:06:45 PM »

Well I got her namba, so how do you like them apples.
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 12:30:31 PM »

Dude, Thad, relax a little.

Ok Thad, you want to talk about this? Clearly you do, because you are characterizing me as a child who does not understand of what he speaks.

If Picasso sat through an art class and made a post about color theory you'd laugh if he hadn't first painted a million cubism paintings. I get that. But I was born with a brain for interpersonal communications. Ask anyone who knows me. I understand the brain in a way that can't easily be quantified, becuase I don't do it consciously.

That having been said, when I "sat through" this class (actually aced it, and literally led my group (it's lame to quantify, but I led my 12 group members to acing the course having never cracked the book msyelf) something in my brain picked up on the fact that while this category or element of interaction is not a hard fact (LIKE EVERY GODDAMN THING IN ALL OF SCIENCE THAT ISN'T HARD MATH) I knew it was useful to know. And when you asked me about it, I though "Well, that might be a thread split topic, but I'll answer it and maybe it WILL get thread split and people can intelligently pick it apart the way Thad likes to do." What I did not consider is that you'd get angry and lock the topic. So here, in the middle of this thread I made for you to do EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID in, is my response to your heavy-handed backslap: You are an expert at categorical encyclopedic knowledge of political theory and have a strong opinion: I am an expert in my own field. I could give a fuck if you if you don't like it, but stop treating me like your girlfriend.

Okay, I get it.  You took a psych class once and are using that as an excuse for the fact that you love posting incomprehensible gibberish for the single purpose of annoying people.

Code: [Select]
Rubber and glue.
Replace "psych" with "econ" and we've got your politics covered too.

Rubber and glue.
EDIT: You know what?  You just used the fact that you needed me to explain my post to you as a springboard to explain that you are high-context.  :hurr:

Because I read into your post. It's, like, the premise of what I was trying to explain. This is actually the entire problem we've had since day one. Your gravitas with the masses of pyoko attracts people to your way of thinking. I don't mind it mostly, since I'm only here for like three people's posts, but once in a while when your ego inflates like this I like to egg you on. I've been told by many people in secret that they find it hilarious. I don't do it for them, I'm actually trying to get you to mellow a bit. It seems you're immune, so rather than take the Kazz route and start imitating you I think I'll just let sleeping dogs lie.
EDIT 2: Actually, come to think of it, that's exactly why I brought up your seeming misuse of "high-context" in the first place.  Another nuance which seems to have sailed over your high-context head.

Yes. Yes it is. Now you've met me halfway on this. Why the fuck did you react so angrily?

This is the ONE PLACE in the world aside from when I'm hanging out with my close friends where I don't feel the need to use my powers. Addendum: This is the one place it doesn't work even if I try. Which I don't want to.
Pages: [1] 2 3