Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Worst Argument Ever  (Read 4402 times)

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Argument Ever
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 08:57:01 PM »

I'll battle someone to the death.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008, 09:24:29 PM »

i thought this died

do people want to do this

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 09:42:43 PM »

FUCK YOU KAZZ

I MEAN, yeah

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2008, 10:41:19 PM »

I was preparing the most powerful argument on Bison known to man, to utterly destroy Thad, but then I read what he was trying to argue and quit due to pity.

Is this a preparatory ad-hominem attack? :ohshi~: IT COULD BE!

Also: TWEWY was acquired recently. All else is suffering.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2008, 11:36:53 PM »

All right, here's how we'll do this, then.

Form two teams.  Thad will be one team captain, and, uh, doot doot doo, Constantine will be the other.  Once you have teams of three or whatever, I'll send you the topic and your respective positions.

sei

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2008, 11:46:45 PM »

I dislike the idea of it not being one-on-one and handled individually.  (At least to start off.)

If you really are going to be gone and need to appoint a ref., then go ahead and do so, but breaking it up into teams this early may miscarry WAE due to needless complication.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2008, 06:30:09 AM »

If you really are going to be gone and need to appoint a ref.

what?

first of all where'd you get that idea

and secondly who is taking this seriously

and thirdly who am i supposed to leave out if there aren't teams

and fourthly the first two groups of people that signed up to do this didn't do this

maybe nonparticipants need to be clearer?

or ever speak again

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2008, 10:21:33 AM »

Just reshuffle the pairs so that active posters get active posters as their partners.  This is not difficult.

sei

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008, 01:30:25 PM »

I wasn't going to participate.  Anyway, since I couldn't get a hold of Kazz for convenient (not PM/email) questioning, here's the response I have saved from opening night:

sei

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2008, 01:30:29 PM »

T SEI:

A volcano is an opening, or rupture, in a planet's surface or crust, which allows hot, molten rock, ash, and gases to escape from below the surface. Volcanic activity involving the extrusion of rock tends to form mountains or features like mountains over a period of time.
See, the joke is on you terran phenomenalists.  You EARTHISTS have been brainwashed by Bibles and other forms of ACADEMIC science.  No EARTH mentality can presume to know the true meaning of volcano.  The teachings of Sala Man'dir (BSBUH) teach us that we are to be taught by his teachings regarding the true nature of himself and his self and the self which belongs exclusively to him (and to his shareholders as of his recent incorporation).  That true nature, that very being of his is that of the volcano, and as he spaketh unto us, I speaketh unto you of the true nature of volcano, thusly:

The first form of Volcano is summoned of an ancient (but not predating man) ritual involving the following  reagents:
  • 3 large Spanish onions or sweet onions
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 egg, well beaten
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • cooking oil for deep frying
Whereupon the arcane and most holy of proceedings are complete, the fragmented, partial form of Sala Man'Dir (BSBUH) is stacked into an array, somewhere between conical and cylindrical, and oil is poured into His incomplete midst, nearing the form's completion.  A firestick is tossed in the center of His form, resulting in a big fiery *POOF*, and with the adoring applause of the avatar's ardents' ardors is His form complete.  THAT AND ONLY THAT is a volcano.

Oh, and also this one other thing.

The true form of Sala Man'dir is dangerous indeed—too dangerous for children.  To spread His infinite wisdom to children and keep them from being BRAINWASHED by EARTHISTS, Sala Man'Dir (BSBUH) deigns come before (and all over, if boundaries aren't well established) children in another form.

Truly wealthy are those rich of youth and paste and discarded newspaper, and richer still if possessing paints of earth and ochre and VERMILION.  Wealthy are they, for they too may behold a corporeal manifestation of Sala Man'dir (BSBUH).  The paste and newspaper become a mache unto dimensions divine.  The paints become a coat worthy of an emporer of emperors.  As the form draws complete, vinegar is added to the grand core, and then finally, baking soda is upon Sala Man'dir (BSBUH), and lo is heaven finally on earth (and the science fair in the bag).

These are the things which are VOLCANO, and these things alone.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2008, 01:58:37 PM »

See, the joke is on you terran phenomenalists.  You EARTHISTS have been brainwashed by Bibles and other forms of ACADEMIC science.

Bibles are not a form of academic science.  In fact they are not a form of science at all.  They are books.

A firestick is tossed in the center of His form,

I am afraid I do not know what you are referring to when you say "firestick".  If you are being rude I will have to respectfully ask you to leave this forum.

THAT AND ONLY THAT is a volcano.

If that is true, then what is "an opening, or rupture, in a planet's surface or crust, which allows hot, molten rock, ash, and gases to escape from below the surface. Volcanic activity involving the extrusion of rock tends to form mountains or features like mountains over a period of time"?

Oh, and also this one other thing.

Already you contradict yourself!  Academic sciences do not contradict themselves!

Sala Man'Dir (BSBUH) deigns come before (and all over, if boundaries aren't well established) children in another form.

This is your second warning.

You seem to be under the belief that a volcano is an incarnate God created from cheap art supplies.  Sir, this is a volcano.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ULNV7IAM8og

Wait, no, shit, let me do that again.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OfEZQl9Y3RE

The red liquid you're seeing?  SUPERHEATED ROCK.  Not vinegar.  I'm pretty sure my Earth Science could kick your God's ass with that.

sei

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2008, 02:27:05 PM »

Bibles are not a form of academic science.  In fact they are not a form of science at all.  They are books.
Bibles are BOOKS and ACADEMIA uses BOOKS.  The bible is SCIENCE, otherwise no one would call themselves CHRISTIAN SCIENTISTS.  Academic books are also full of lies. Affirming the consequent?  What use does faith have of affirmation!?

I am afraid I do not know what you are referring to when you say "firestick".  If you are being rude I will have to respectfully ask you to leave this forum.
There is nothing rude about a consecrated match wafting into Sala Man'dir's (BSBUH) hole of holies.

what is "an opening, or rupture, in a planet's surface or crust, which allows hot, molten rock, ash, and gases to escape from below the surface. Volcanic activity involving the extrusion of rock tends to form mountains or features like mountains over a period of time"?
What you describe is earth crudely mimicing the splendor that Sala Man'dir (BSBUH) bestowed upon man.  It is a volcano-like natural phenomenon, perhaps caused by earth spirits, but it is not a volcano; it is merely a flattering blasphemy.

Already you contradict yourself!  Academic sciences do not contradict themselves!
I am not an ACADEMIC SCIENCE.  If you are being rude I will have to respectfully ask you to leave this forum.

Sala Man'Dir (BSBUH) deigns come before (and all over, if boundaries aren't well established) children in another form.
It is a crucial distinction.  The volcano's infinte majesty can not hope to be contained, but without somewhat water-proof borders of some sort, neither can the white spew of Sala Man'dir's (BSBUH) volcano.  Children unable to properly tame the its supreme majesty are bound to be covered in something white and foamy, unless they are wise in the ways of bordering, or unless they added artistic flair with food coloring.

You seem to be under the belief that a volcano is an incarnate God created from cheap art supplies.
Forget not the cooking supplies, in their latent pretranssubstantiation.

Sir, this is a volcano.
Cool.Nuh uh.

The red liquid you're seeing?  SUPERHEATED ROCK.  Not vinegar.  I'm pretty sure my Earth Science could kick your God's ass with that.
Is your earth science omnipotent?  Can your earth science disprove the baffling infinitude of Sala Man'dir's (BSBUH) will?  Can it fill the hole in the faithfuls' heart of hearties?

[spoiler]NO[/spoiler]

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2008, 02:53:25 PM »

Bibles are BOOKS and ACADEMIA uses BOOKS.

Therefore, you are a COMPUTER.

Affirming the consequent?  What use does faith have of affirmation!?

Affirmation strengthens faith.  A being who requires faith would naturally seek affirmation.  A being who requires faith but denies affirmation is as a baby denying itself breath.

There is nothing rude about a consecrated match wafting into Sala Man'dir's (BSBUH) hole of holies.

If it involves a cardboard tube it is not only rude, but extremely dangerous!

what is "an opening, or rupture, in a planet's surface or crust, which allows hot, molten rock, ash, and gases to escape from below the surface. Volcanic activity involving the extrusion of rock tends to form mountains or features like mountains over a period of time"?
What you describe is earth crudely mimicing the splendor that Sala Man'dir (BSBUH) bestowed upon man.  It is a volcano-like natural phenomenon, perhaps caused by earth spirits, but it is not a volcano; it is merely a flattering blasphemy.

Yet these phenomenon predate human beings, and Sala Man'dir, by your own admission, does not.  Therefore barring any sort of TIME PARADOX, what you claim is impossible.

I am not an ACADEMIC SCIENCE.  If you are being rude I will have to respectfully ask you to leave this forum.

You are clearly not.  You take pride in your contradictions.  Arguing with you is pointless (and strangely familiar), but I persevere in the hopes that you can be convinced not to corrupt any more young minds.

It is a crucial distinction.  The volcano's infinte majesty can not hope to be contained, but without somewhat water-proof borders of some sort, neither can the white spew of Sala Man'dir's (BSBUH) volcano.  Children unable to properly tame the its supreme majesty are bound to be covered in something white and foamy, unless they are wise in the ways of bordering, or unless they added artistic flair with food coloring.

So... you're for proper sex education and birth control, then?

Is your earth science omnipotent?  Can your earth science disprove the baffling infinitude of Sala Man'dir's (BSBUH) will?  Can it fill the hole in the faithfuls' heart of hearties?

Yes.

[spoiler]NO[/spoiler]

That's wrong, and you're using that tag wrong.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pacJDl4pZqg

sei

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2008, 03:38:43 PM »

Why do you mention computers?

Affirmation strengthens faith.  A being who requires faith would naturally seek affirmation.  A being who requires faith but denies affirmation is as a baby denying itself breath.
Sala Man'dir (BSBUH) is above breathing the way babies breathe; He is not, however, above breathing like a shoe.  Without open exposure to oxygen, the grandeur of His *POOF* would be lost to the world.

If it involves a cardboard tube it is not only rude, but extremely dangerous!
There is no tube, but there may be one or more sai to anchor the rings to the table, in which case it is cool, but not rude, and, further, unfit for a party dude.

Yet these phenomenon predate human beings, and Sala Man'dir, by your own admission, does not.  Therefore barring any sort of TIME PARADOX, what you claim is impossible.
Not so.  You misconstrue (or misrpresent?) my claim.  (Or I lose track of it.  NESTED QUOTING, GO!)

My claim has no bearing whatever regarding whether or not your False Volcano predates what you and the ACADEMIC SCIENCE (read: wanton lexicological arbitrarianism) you rode in on are referring to by the term "volcano."

There are TWO mutually exclusive premises two start off with. (Truth values are a total dichotomy).

1) "Volcano" is man's term.
2) "Volcano" is Sala Man'dir's term, but was passed on to man, the way "I hate you all" was passed on to you.

If we accept the first, "volcano" is only as old as man, and so regardless of whether or not "[openings]...over a period of time" predate man, the term did not, and so your assertion has no bearing on the argument.

If we accept the latter, the term "volcano" may predate "[openings]...over a period of time," and this is still moot.

In either case, this False Volcano is a flattering blasphemy now that we are graced by the good graces of Sala Man'dir (BSBUH)—good gracious!  Before that, your False Volcano was merely "an opening...over a period of time" and nothing more.  The blasphemy is contextual.  Earth changed its intent only after it started wanting ot be cool, like Sala Man'dir (BSBUH).  Even though earth was doing something analogous first, Sala Man'Dir (BSBUH) made it indie, and then earth got pissed and like totally ruined the scene.

You are clearly not.  You take pride in your contradictions.
Nuh-uh.
Arguing with you is pointless (and strangely familiar)
Sounds like someone is only evaluating the low-context of what I am saying.

So... you're for proper sex education and birth control, then?
Let's just say that Sala Man'dir's (BSBUH) volcanoes don't get pregnant, like some kind of slut, but that your "openings" tend to result in "proliferation of fertile soil."  Oh, yes.  This apostle of Sala Man'Dir (BSBUH) just went there.

Yes.
[spoiler]NO[/spoiler]

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2008, 05:14:58 PM »

Why do you mention computers?

Sala Man'dir (BSBUH) is above breathing the way babies breathe; He is not, however, above breathing like a shoe.  Without open exposure to oxygen, the grandeur of His *POOF* would be lost to the world.

You are mentally incapable of grasping analogy, aren't you?

Let me spell it out:

1) Your argument is that ACADEMIA uses BOOKS, therefore BOOKS are ACADEMIA.  If this were logical, then it would follow that since YOU use a COMPUTER (I am going to assume you are not posting your replies with mental powers), a COMPUTER is therefore YOU.  It would have perhaps been more accurate to say that you are currently typing on yourself, but that's just as disgusting as it is silly.
2) The baby not breathing is meant to illustrate what happens when an entity requires a certain thing and takes no action to obtain or cultivate it.  In this case, a being who requires faith but does not bother to create it, therefore is doomed to nonexistance.

There are TWO mutually exclusive premises two start off with. (Truth values are a total dichotomy).

Only in high-bullshit.

1) "Volcano" is man's term.
2) "Volcano" is Sala Man'dir's term, but was passed on to man, the way "I hate you all" was passed on to you.

If we accept the first, "volcano" is only as old as man, and so regardless of whether or not "[openings]...over a period of time" predate man, the term did not, and so your assertion has no bearing on the argument.

So you are arguing over the linguistic definition of a volcano?  This is an easy nut to crack.

Usage defines meaning.  This is an accepted rule of linguistics.  If the vast majority of the English-speaking population use the word "volcano" to mean a fissure in the Earth from which awesome lava spews out, then that is what the word means.  No God, no matter how powerful (or not), can change that.

I know analogy is lost on you, so I ask that you not read this next paragraph lest you become confused and start arguing with me about Greeks.  For those of you in the peanut gallery, though, an example:

The accepted definition of the word "barbarian" is that of an "uncultured and/or uncivilized person".  However, the original meaning of the term (passed down to English-speaking civilizations from the Greeks, the way "I hate you all" was passed down to me) was "a person who does not speak Greek or speaks it poorly".  The implication of such was that, since the person did not understand Greek language, the person did not understand Greek culture, and thus was a savage living outside of the civilized world (the only one that really mattered to them).  In time, the word remained with its implied meaning, but the actual definition became irrelevant.

The upshot of this is, by the original meaning of the word, most civilized people in the world - outside of Greece and Greek families - are barbarians.  And most civilized English-speaking people would take offense to that.

This is one of countless examples of memetic mutation shaping the structure of our language, and it is something you either accept, or you learn etymological meanings of every word and end up speaking in gibberish.  Or you could, you know, be a huge asshole about the meaning of one particular word and basically be a hypocrite.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go hang out with my fellow otaku.

In either case, this False Volcano is a flattering blasphemy now that we are graced by the good graces of Sala Man'dir (BSBUH)—good gracious!  Before that, your False Volcano was merely "an opening...over a period of time" and nothing more.  The blasphemy is contextual.  Earth changed its intent only after it started wanting ot be cool, like Sala Man'dir (BSBUH).  Even though earth was doing something analogous first, Sala Man'Dir (BSBUH) made it indie, and then earth got pissed and like totally ruined the scene.

The Earth was doing it before it was even indie, and you're accusing it of being derisive?  Did you ever stop to think that maybe it was Salad Man'der that was ripping off the Earth?

Arguing with you is pointless (and strangely familiar)
Sounds like someone is only evaluating the low-context of what I am saying.

Because the high context is just this shit:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Bq29zbPh3Y

Guild

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2008, 07:06:04 PM »

HEY

THIS IS MY SCHTICK

FUCK YOU ALL

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2008, 08:29:37 PM »

I'm going to let Sei have the last word in Battle Volcano, and then judgment will commence.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2008, 11:18:28 PM »

I'M BACK!
I missed you Guild. Don't ever stop trollin'.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2008, 06:35:26 AM »

I'm going to let Sei have the last word in Battle Volcano, and then judgment will commence.

That's a stupid idea, fuck you.
Pages: 1 [2]