Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 119

Author Topic: PET PEEVES FUCK  (Read 132687 times)

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: PET PEEVES FUCK
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 03:01:36 PM »

People who call all mp3 players "iPods". Generally most brand name things like that annoy me a tad (kleenex), but only iPod will set me off on a tirade.

I get that a lot at work. I also get people who call mp3 players 'mp3s'.

Also, customers who come in looking for movies on dvd that aren't even out in theaters yet, who call and want me to give them the prices and specs of every single computer we carry, who get pissed off at me when I tell them they can't return the dvd player they've had for 3 years or the phone that 'just quit working!' when it was obviously dropped or otherwise abused, management that oks said returns when the customers whine to them, customers who think it's my fault when they get denied for a credit check, customers who expect me to do tech support for them over the phone, customers who seem to think that bathing is an annual event... customers.

Oh, and people who try to talk to you and talk to someone else on the phone at the same time. That's just fucking rude.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 03:09:59 PM »

Of all the "substitue generic with name brand" instances, the Ipod one might be least offensive because it saves a lot of breath over saying "MP3 Player" and 90% of the time it IS an Ipod.

However, I understand that there's a region in America that calls all soda "Coke", and that pisses my shit right off.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 03:11:10 PM »

Well fuck you, too, det.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 03:22:11 PM »

Oh, and people who try to talk to you and talk to someone else on the phone at the same time. That's just fucking rude.

At an old job I simply stopped ringing up customers until they got off the phone.  If their conversation is so important they can't put it aside for 30 seconds I wouldn't want to bother them, now would I?

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 04:21:10 PM »

Neat.  I missed YKWIH?

English grammar provides poorly for ending sentences that are not questions with quotes/titles that involve questions.  Relatedly, I dislike (and this may just be MLA bullshit) how punctuation is supposed to go inside quotation marks, even if the terminal punctuation mark isn't native to the quoted passage.
I think back on Pyoko Thad and someone (me, maybe?  I know the conversation answered the question for me, at least) talked about this and apparently S&W lets you while MLA doesn't, on the punctuation-not-fitting-quotation thing.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 04:30:40 PM »

Of all the "substitue generic with name brand" instances, the Ipod one might be least offensive because it saves a lot of breath over saying "MP3 Player" and 90% of the time it IS an Ipod.

However, I understand that there's a region in America that calls all soda "Coke", and that pisses my shit right off.

...except 90% of the time it IS Coke down there.

Of course, calling it "Coke" is in itself a pretty bad habit that I'm guilty of.  Probably only worrying if you live in a place like downtown LA, but still.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 04:32:59 PM »

I hate hearing people quote shows all the time.  It's not funny, and it just irks the crap outta me.

I also hate when kids say they like things/have opinions about things they've never seen/played.

Alex

• the Slug
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2008, 04:36:43 PM »

We call it 'pop' here.

Something else that drives me nuts is going out to shop with damn near anyone.  Going shopping is going someplace, buying what you came for and leaving.  Not walking around the mall for three hours then maybe getting something on the fourth.  Jesus, you could be doing a million other things with all that time!  :ohshi~:

I hate hearing people quote shows all the time.  It's not funny, and it just irks the crap outta me.

I also hate when kids say they like things/have opinions about things they've never seen/played.

So...normal kids?  I hate them too.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2008, 04:47:18 PM »

I hate how it feels when I take off my glasses. It feels like I suddenly get Reality Widescreen, which is great for about a second until I realize that it's only because my frames suck.

You might think that's because I'm not used to new glasses, but I've had them for like three years.

Fuck you, fashion, for giving the boot to big wide square frames and entirely replacing them with that Slit-O-Vision bullshit.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2008, 04:51:47 PM »

Thad, are you perhaps pointing out that I'm a hypocrite? This is public knowledge. Maybe I should make a wiki entry about me that you can link to rather than constantly burning the search-engine up.

Example: I hate catching people pick their noses but I do it whenever I feel like doing it, regardless of who's watching.

Rosen has a picture of another pet peeve of mine he took on his cell. While driving today he spotted it and pointed it out to me. Hopefully he'll post the image here.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 04:59:15 PM »

I hate people that don't know what "literally" means.

"There were literally like, a million of them."

No there weren't, exaggerate if you're going to, or be literal, but try to combine them and you sound like a retard that uses words they don't know the definition of. Which you are.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2008, 05:04:54 PM »

Fuck you, fashion, for giving the boot to big wide square frames and entirely replacing them with that Slit-O-Vision bullshit.

Are we still in the "whatever isn't in right now is in right now" bubble?  If so I'd go check up on your vision plan.

Rosencrantz

• Renegade Game Counselor
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2008, 05:05:14 PM »

Rosen has a picture of another pet peeve of mine he took on his cell. While driving today he spotted it and pointed it out to me. Hopefully he'll post the image here.

Unfortunately, you can't really read the sign. But this is what it said:

"IF IT QUACKS
LIKE A DUCK
SADDAM HUSSEIN
BARRACK H. OBAMA
OSAMA BIN LADEN"

This was outside a chiropractor's office.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2008, 05:09:40 PM »

I <3 Placerville.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2008, 05:14:05 PM »

"IF IT QUACKS
LIKE A DUCK
SADDAM HUSSEIN
BARRACK H. OBAMA
OSAMA BIN LADEN"

Things that don't make any sense at all.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2008, 05:27:52 PM »

"IF IT QUACKS
LIKE A DUCK
SADDAM HUSSEIN
BARRACK H. OBAMA
OSAMA BIN LADEN"

BURMA SHAVE

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2008, 05:29:21 PM »

People who use the term "ironic" in the exact opposite way that it is intended.

Which itself is a form of irony, but I don't think they realize that.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2008, 05:31:05 PM »

Also, customers who come in looking for movies on dvd that aren't even out in theaters yet, who call and want me to give them the prices and specs of every single computer we carry, who get pissed off at me when I tell them they can't return the dvd player they've had for 3 years or the phone that 'just quit working!' when it was obviously dropped or otherwise abused, management that oks said returns when the customers whine to them, customers who think it's my fault when they get denied for a credit check, customers who expect me to do tech support for them over the phone, customers who seem to think that bathing is an annual event... customers.

people who strike out 90% of their paragraph

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2008, 05:50:21 PM »

I hate people that don't know what "literally" means.

"There were literally like, a million of them."

No there weren't, exaggerate if you're going to, or be literal, but try to combine them and you sound like a retard that uses words they don't know the definition of. Which you are.

Which one of you guys did I have this argument with in SD?  I think it was Burrito.

sei

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2008, 05:53:10 PM »

I think back on Pyoko Thad and someone (me, maybe?  I know the conversation answered the question for me, at least) talked about this and apparently S&W lets you while MLA doesn't, on the punctuation-not-fitting-quotation thing.
In case anyone is wondering and does not know (as I did not know) S&W refers to Strunk and White (see: Elements of Style).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 119