Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: China is fucking scary  (Read 15600 times)

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: China is fucking scary
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2009, 02:11:43 AM »

Yeah, man, back off. Lets see you land walk in space on that kind of budget.

sei

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2009, 03:00:42 AM »

Waiting on Aintear.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2009, 08:57:15 AM »

Chinese ships 'harass' US vessel:

Quote from: AP
The US ship sprayed one Chinese vessel with water from fire hoses to try to force it away, it said.

But it said the Chinese crew stripped to their underwear and carried on approaching to within 25ft (8m).

:enraged: Those tightey whitey rapscallions!

Fredward

• a romantic soul
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2009, 12:56:01 PM »

I really hope this doesn't start a war. Not just because that would probably end in nuclear holocaust, but even if it didn't, can you imagine having the "USNS Impeccable" being in the history books? That's almost lame enough to be a name for a Canadian ship*.

*for those less versed in Canadian history, one of our first naval vessels was called the HMCS Rainbow::(:
Quote from: Brentai
It's never easy to tell just where the line is between physical malady and the general crushing horror of life itself.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2009, 12:59:55 PM »

On the flip side, I would say that British Royal Navy ships probably have the highest overall composite level of awesomeness-of-name of any navy in the history of this earth.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2009, 01:27:57 PM »

They've had a several hundred year start of naval history during which to cycle through all the stupidest words in the native language.

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2009, 02:44:14 PM »

I really hope this doesn't start a war. Not just because that would probably end in nuclear holocaust, but even if it didn't, can you imagine having the "USNS Impeccable" being in the history books? That's almost lame enough to be a name for a Canadian ship*.

*for those less versed in Canadian history, one of our first naval vessels was called the HMCS Rainbow::(:

I wouldn't want a war started over MOONING, either.  It's already dumb enough when a ship blows up and sinks and starts a war over vague accusations of who killed everyone on board.  This would just be horribly, horribly petty and the more I think about it the less humor there is in it. =/

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2009, 03:12:35 PM »

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2009, 03:22:12 PM »

I am almost willing to side with China in this case:  Where was the impeccible each time the Chinese encountered the vessel? 

Remember back to the time the chinese forced a US spy plane to land in China...  They don't like being spied upon, and will retaliate with grace and dignity as they have these days.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2009, 03:38:02 PM »

I wouldn't want a war started over MOONING, either.  It's already dumb enough when a ship blows up and sinks and starts a war over vague accusations of who killed everyone on board.  This would just be horribly, horribly petty and the more I think about it the less humor there is in it. =/

But I love the Spanish-American war.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2009, 04:59:49 PM »

But I love the Spanish-American war.

Bully!

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2009, 05:33:33 PM »

We're not one to talk.  We named a ship after a crazy, doddering old grandpa of an actor.  Sure he became president later, but still.

Thad, hurry up and become President so Katestory XVI can come to pass.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2009, 09:22:13 AM »

So I don't know if anyone's seen this yet but Chinese spy ring exposed... spying on the Dalai Lama and exiled Tibeteans.

I mean I actually find this hilarious and reassuring. Instead of any of the ten thousand more effective things they could use a muahahah diabolical international spy ring for, Chinese leadership has choosen to pander to their deluded paranoia. Not that Tibet isn't something that they have to keep tabs on, but anyone following the issue knows the Chinese leadership has completely failed to grasp any part of the the problem they face in any kind of realistic way.

Anyway, I doubt this is their only international intel ring, but still...

EDIT: Also, I predict that once again the entire planet will turn a blind eye and just let it go.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2009, 10:07:14 AM »

Yeah, I think the global reaction is just going to be an eyeroll and a "Oh like we didn't see that coming."

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2009, 04:27:35 AM »

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/04/07/schoolboy-kills-8-9-year-olds-for-1/

The rest of it is "For 1 dollar"

Just... is there a huge ::(: somewhere.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2009, 06:35:51 AM »

And he only killed two kids!  That url is all sorts of misleading!

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2009, 12:53:46 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbuwqU9oxf4

:ohshi~: They've mastered the cortosis-weave!

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2009, 03:25:49 PM »

And he only killed two kids!  That url is all sorts of misleading!
I was expecting some sort of super-saver deal. "Today only: kill eight nine-year-olds for the price of one!

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2009, 09:38:24 AM »

US files a WTO case against China

So. A guantlet has finally been thrown. Granted this may come to nothing at all, it's interesting that a formal stand of any kind has finally been taken against China's longstanding double-standards in international trade.

We shall see.

One thought that I had: It's funny that this is a WTO challenge. Yes, a big part of China joining the WTO was to reap the advantages without having to reciprocate (which is pretty much what happened), but it was also very much a prestige thing.

Like the resentful fellow who wants to be a Club Member, the focus was always on getting in. Never mind those pesky rules - they don't really enforce those for the elect, do they?

Had they stayed out, there would certainly have been some negative economic consequences, but they would be mostly immune to a lot of the (quite valid) charges that have been brewing for some time.

:popcorn:

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9