Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lawnmower Man  (Read 2574 times)

sei

• Tested
    • View Profile
Lawnmower Man
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2008, 04:52:32 PM »

Almost everyone is a criminal in some capacity, however trivial.  Maybe the idea is that prison takes your inner jaywalkerCYBERBULLY (thanks Megan Meier) and abuses him until he's blossomed into a full-fledged serial killer.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Lawnmower Man
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2008, 07:28:25 PM »

I dunno if that works if they didn't really intend to be criminals in the first place.

: The funny thing is, I had to go to prison to become a criminal.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
Lawnmower Man
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2008, 08:51:22 PM »

I dunno if that works if they didn't really intend to be criminals in the first place.

Maybe not, but in this case we're talking about someone with an interest in illegal firearms who appears to have alcohol and anger issues.

Or maybe it was just one bad day.   ::(:

Cannon

• Hopes for a great many things
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Lawnmower Man
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2008, 09:12:44 PM »

Obviously it's not a matter of whether or not he did something wrong according to the law; we're just disputing/discussing the punishment. Mandatory psychiatric care seems to be less of a bitter pill than being thrown into county jail, and he also gets all the anger management classes he'd need while being closely monitored for a while, without booze and free from meeting the business end of burly, tattooed men named Sweetums. Taking his guns away would be aces, too. Naturally, when the writing is on the wall we have to prevent potential future crimes if we can, but I'm always a little halting about that because it can seem... A little knee-jerk.

...But yeah, this post is mostly just me pretending that the legal system bends to my will. Dum-dee-dum.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
Lawnmower Man
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2008, 09:21:40 PM »

I like to state, even if I admit to thinking this is probably just some redneck who's girl got fed up with his drunken shit (woman from inside his home called the cops), that we don't necessarily know his whole story.

I'd also like to say that a blanket statement like, "someone with an interest in illegal firearms" is a little harsh.

I've owned, but do not currently (one was taken by police, the other my uncle has) two shotguns that weren't illegal when my family bought them, that became illegal (one when we moved to Wisconsin, one when a law changed) despite the fact that we did nothing to them. Gun stock/barrel laws are different state to state, sometimes county to county.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Lawnmower Man
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2008, 09:28:22 PM »

Yes and are you shooting those shotguns at your lawn mower because it refused to start?

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
Lawnmower Man
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2008, 09:30:24 PM »

I admit to thinking this is probably just some redneck who's girl got fed up with his drunken shit

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Lawnmower Man
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2008, 10:09:34 PM »

Just something to keep in mind: most lawnmowers are powered by gasoline.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
Lawnmower Man
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2008, 12:46:01 AM »

something else to keep in mind:  guns are not readily able to touch off gasoline.  I'm not saying it can't happen, 'cause one lucky spark will do it, but a tank of gas is not nitroglycerin.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
Re: Lawnmower Man
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2008, 12:53:33 PM »

I've owned, but do not currently (one was taken by police, the other my uncle has) two shotguns that weren't illegal when my family bought them, that became illegal (one when we moved to Wisconsin, one when a law changed) despite the fact that we did nothing to them. Gun stock/barrel laws are different state to state, sometimes county to county.

That's a fair point.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2008, 01:07:52 PM »

And you turned them over or otherwise disposed of them, rather than keeping them despite the illegality.  Which this guy did not do and did not seem to think he should have to do.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2008, 02:03:21 PM »

No. I said one was taken by the police, not given to. We didn't have any charges brought against us, but hey, we weren't drunk or shooting lawn mowers.
Pages: 1 [2]