Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 56

Author Topic: Final Fucking Fantasy  (Read 94945 times)

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fucking Fantasy
« Reply #540 on: April 07, 2009, 12:17:47 PM »

<3<3<3 My Life as a King.  It's great, but if you get it I highly recommend buying the extra content for dungeons and the other races.  Otherwise, all you have are clavats, and clavats can suck me.  No male selkies though, which makes me angry too.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 07, 2009, 12:48:51 PM »

Is it going to be another WiiWare game or another one in the vein of Ring of Fate/Echoes of Time?

Single-player Kingdom-Heartsish like set in the CC universe, or a CC universe anyway.  Apparently it's been in Development Hell for a while but they're still on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Crystal_Chronicles:_The_Crystal_Bearers

How IS Life as a King, anyway?

Well, LD seems to like it.  AFAIK (I was on the marginally better Chocobo's Dungeon at the time) it's sort of a bastard SimCity/Harvest Moon type thing.  The problem is it's $20 to start with (or was) and you have to pay $5 for each extra race, which why the fuck would you play a CC game without the other races.  So before you even begin you've spent $35 on a WiiWare game and you haven't even bought half the content yet.

Square likes pyos.  They are not afraid to say this.

Rosencrantz

• Renegade Game Counselor
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 08, 2009, 10:22:16 AM »

I'm just about at the point where I quit FFXII the first time. Actually, it's the point where several others have told me that they've quit (Pharos Lighthouse). I did get the Zodiac Spear this time, which is nice as it's twice as powerful as any other weapon I currently have, so maybe that will help me with some of the higher-level Marks that frustrated me in my first playthrough. It's close to reaching 9999 damage, though, and I've heard that there's no way to break the damage limit in this game apart from doing multi-hit combos (which seem to be rare with spears, if not flat-out impossible).

PhoenixUltima

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 09, 2009, 06:47:20 AM »

My advice? Fuck the marks, just plow on through to the ending. Most of the marks are bullshit hard, and to top it off some of them are near impossible to even reveal in the first place (I never did fight King Behemoth). Just skip that shit and beat the game, I guarantee you'll be happier for it.
The captain of the gravy train!

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 09, 2009, 07:52:33 AM »

King Behemoth was the one that made me stop playing.  I killed every Mark up to him, and then after uncovering big bertha by wiping out every single enemy across two giant fields covered in obscuring fog, he killed me down at his last percentages of life.  You have to wipe out every single enemy every time you want to fight him.

I never turned FFXII on again.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 09, 2009, 08:01:37 AM »

It's not like it matters, as FFXII has no ending or story

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 09, 2009, 08:30:54 AM »

I'm finally at the point where I only care about the story in RPGs and have tired of the MUST REVEAL EVERY LAST SLOT OF THE SPECIAL COLLECTIBLE THING stuff (FF4 Advance bestiary).  It's mostly because I haven't plowed through games with that in a while and upon looking back I've realized it doesn't fucking matter at all in retrospect.

I just wonder why "you will instantly forget all the grinding crap as soon as you put down this game" took so long to click.

Rosencrantz

• Renegade Game Counselor
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 09, 2009, 10:52:43 AM »

I beat Gilgamesh last night, which was one of the Marks I was unable to complete on my first playthrough. The battle took me at least half an hour, but I even managed to steal all of the Genji Equipment! ...Only to discover that every piece of it was slightly weaker than the armor I had recently bought. Still, the Masamune + Genji Gloves is a great combo.

Went on to try Fafnir, who slaughtered me instantly in my first game. I lasted a couple of minutes, took off a, well, visible part of his HP, then died horribly. Yeah, I really should just try to beat the damn plot and have one less unfinished RPG hanging over my head.

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 09, 2009, 02:24:52 PM »

I beat Gilgamesh last night, which was one of the Marks I was unable to complete on my first playthrough.

1: Ally: Balthier: Reverse
2: Ally: Balthier: Lure
3: Self; HP<50%: Cure II
4: Nearest Enemy: Attack

There, i just beat every mark for you.

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 09, 2009, 02:28:15 PM »

I guess you should put in Ally; Any: Remedy between 2 and 3

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 09, 2009, 04:27:18 PM »

I'm finally at the point where I only care about the story in RPGs and have tired of the MUST REVEAL EVERY LAST SLOT OF THE SPECIAL COLLECTIBLE THING stuff (FF4 Advance bestiary).  It's mostly because I haven't plowed through games with that in a while and upon looking back I've realized it doesn't fucking matter at all in retrospect.

I just wonder why "you will instantly forget all the grinding crap as soon as you put down this game" took so long to click.

Apparently, it only matters if other people can see it in Dal.

Not that I care about what people see in Dal. I'm just saying I know a lot of people who no longer max out single player RPGs and instead have 573897539075 mounts and pets and every title and achievement.

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 09, 2009, 04:46:22 PM »

When I play that I'm too busy /saluting questgivers and staring at awesome views from cliff edges to grind rep.

(or to level, lol)

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 10, 2009, 12:34:37 AM »

I've been playing FF8 chiefly because one of you yelled at me for stopping at the zombie train part, but so far I have gotten a little ways into disc three and I still think this is the stupidest game in existence.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 10, 2009, 12:41:18 AM »

Apparently, it only matters if other people can see it in Dal.

Not that I care about what people see in Dal. I'm just saying I know a lot of people who no longer max out single player RPGs and instead have 573897539075 mounts and pets and every title and achievement.

That's maybe the one thing I missed about the verizon job. The fact that most RPGs (Pokemon included) were turn-based, they were so very easily completed while on the phones. Added bonus was that that phones were so mind-numblingly boring, grinding was fun by comparison!

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 10, 2009, 07:24:55 AM »

On the flipside, when I was playing turn-based RPGs for 8 hours a day, I spent most of the time talking to other people to take my mind off the boredom.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: April 10, 2009, 08:09:41 AM »

I've been playing FF8 chiefly because one of you yelled at me for stopping at the zombie train part, but so far I have gotten a little ways into disc three and I still think this is the stupidest game in existence.

It is. I still like it, though.

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 10, 2009, 10:31:59 AM »

On the flipside, when I was playing turn-based RPGs for 8 hours a day, I spent most of the time talking to other people to take my mind off the boredom.

This is why i tend not to play RPGs or similar games without other people watching.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 10, 2009, 11:00:18 AM »

Turn-based RPGs are the only type of game I cannot sit and watch though.

...well there are probably others, but in general I could watch a guy fail at Ninja Gaiden for hours but once the dungeon crawling starts I get up to make a sandwich.

Alex

• the Slug
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 10, 2009, 01:36:30 PM »

This is why i tend not to play RPGs or similar games without other people watching.

I just tell people to go find something else to do if they get bored of watching me.  :nyoro~n:

sei

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 11, 2009, 03:18:55 PM »

He said "without," not "with."

My girlfriend watches the talky parts of Persona 4, but not so much the dungeon crawl or, much worse, my fusion debacles.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 56