Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: Real ID  (Read 2584 times)

sei

• Tested
    • View Profile
Real ID
« on: February 15, 2008, 05:31:44 PM »

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Real ID
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 06:13:14 PM »

Carrying a driver's license, a birth certificate, a social security card, a passport, and a video rental card is a pain the rear.

Can't they make it simpler for us? Like a numbered tattoo upon the arm? Or a barcode placed on the back of the neck?

A microchip injected into the wrist would be wizard.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 06:35:26 PM »

oh son of a bitch

HURRY IT UP NH

ID CARDS ARE A GOOD FUCKING THING

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 10:36:10 PM »

my state is one of those riding the fence.

Mine is one that's strongly opposed.  Occasionally there are benefits to living in a state largely controlled by nutty Libertarians.

...Actually, according to Wikipedia, a clear majority of states are opposed to this nonsense.

...You know, I was just about to ask how the federal government could railroad something through when the majority of the country is clearly opposed to it.  Wow, forgot what century it was for a second there.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 10:57:38 PM »

Strongly opposed. It's bad enough that we already have cops who think you're required to show ID when it's demanded of you (beyond hunting/fishing/driving license when actually hunting/fishing/driving.)

Or when traveling. Remember when we used to make fun of other countries for requiring papers for traveling within their own borders. Man, that was neat.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 11:48:47 PM »

Yes, I look forward to the day when I am required by law to keep every piece of information necessary for complete and thorough identity theft in one handy-dandy card in my wallet.  That'll go well living in Baltimore.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 01:52:39 AM »

Wikipedia
Quote from: Wiki
As of January 29, 2008, the Department of Homeland Security has announced $79.8 million in grant monies[32] to assist states with REAL ID implementation, and set an application deadline of March 7, 2008.

We should all get in on this cheese. I'll form a quick LLC under the name of Federal Associates of Knowledge Educators, which will suck up some contracts under the guise of us transitioning portions of the enterprise sector into the program. In actuality? Scrapped RF components we purchased in bulk glued and laminated to construction paper.

:richiam: