Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: BORDERLANDS  (Read 19466 times)

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: BORDERLANDS
« Reply #180 on: November 09, 2009, 04:56:21 PM »

It's been two weeks since release and I still have a character with a dozen missing skill points.  Not too excited about paying more money on this game.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 09, 2009, 05:00:27 PM »

No, you see, no one buys games for PC, they just steal them. Therefore, why should they support a game they made for the PC?

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2009, 01:49:11 AM »

So yeah, the ending was sorta bullshit, but it does sort of justify a couple of the game mechanics in a roundabout way.

[spoiler]Okay, so you get infinite clones of yourself for a nominal fee, while everybody else in the world actually seems to give a shit about who you go around killing.  And Scooter will happily generate all the cars you want to wreck while bitching about everybody else in the world getting their cars blown up.

So, just for fun, take a quick look at the maker's mark above every New-U and Catch-A-Ride station.  Wanna take a wild guess who makes and controls them?

It's a pretty sweet deal, really - Hyperion's got pretty much exclusive control of who has functional immortality on Pandora, and so they use that very selectively to gain control of the Vault, only allowing use of it to basically the first person they find who is willing to follow the orders of a creepy digitized voice without question.  There's no indication that anybody besides you and the hacked claptrap in Fyrestone has any idea what it really does - since all the stations double in function as a Fast Travel destination, it may be that most of the citizens of Pandora just assume it's an oddly named teleportation network.

The best part about this theory is that it implies that Scooter is actually part of the whole conspiracy, sitting there in New Haven knowing the whole time exactly what you're up to.

Also it means that your reward for finding The Vault is less bullshit - the modest sum of cash that Tannis dumps on you for delivering the key is just for show, since the GA-Man doesn't even want to risk broadcasting out loud what your real reward is - continued unrestricted access to the New-U system, effectively making you an immortal God among the Pandorans.  As long as you don't mind being God of a broken-down pile of trash.[/spoiler]

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 10, 2009, 08:07:54 AM »

[spoiler]But Tannis is some crazy lady who used to work for the Dahl Corp. Hyperion doesn't really have any grip on Pandora aside from some of the technology there. Atlas has the Crimson Lance chilling out there, and Dahl is responsible for the billions of bandits.

Scooter is not bitching at you for blowing up your own car because this game not being Deus Ex. That and you can assume that since you are doing things for him, he sort of doesn't mind as much when you wreck one car out of his infinite pile of cars.[/spoiler]

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2009, 11:01:59 AM »

[spoiler]If you follow the storyline closely you start to realize that Tannis is not as crazy as you might think.  It's very likely that she thinks her recorder is talking to her because her recorder is actually talking to her - she's been in communication with the GA since long before you arrived, and has been basically working for her because seriously fuck Dahl.

The idea isn't so much that Hyperion has a tangible grip on Pandora but that they have a very, very subtle way of keeping tabs on everything - through the seemingly innocuous Fast-Travel network and by apparently having some way to monitor the ECHO network, though this last bit is a tad confusing because it seems to be a mishmash of Dahl, Atlas and Hyperion tech.[/spoiler]

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 11, 2009, 06:32:14 AM »

Alternate theory: [spoiler]It's just the Gene Worm from Opposing Force.[/spoiler]

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 11, 2009, 06:33:30 AM »

...fuck
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 11, 2009, 11:32:29 AM »

More dumb Let's Read Into an Unfinished Story fun!

[spoiler]So if you pay attention, it seems that Steele is the person that all four characters are looking for.  She has the same tattoos as Lilith, which suggests she's a Siren (yes I know the tattoos are there because she's a recycled beta model, it STILL suggests she's a Siren).  She's the leader of the local Crimson Lance faction, which we can go ahead and assume is the Brigadiers that Roland is hunting.  She's female, which makes her as much of a candidate for Brick's sister as anybody else.  And, well, God knows what the hell Mordecai's backstory really is, it's obvious they were going to write his first before abandoning the entire Unique Story idea.

...all of which makes it even funnier that the moment you finally catch up to her, she goes and gets devoured.  GUESS THAT WRAPS EVERYTHING UP NICELY HUH :whoops:[/spoiler]

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 11, 2009, 03:27:22 PM »

The vault is a sled.

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 12, 2009, 08:17:41 PM »

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #190 on: December 09, 2009, 03:58:08 PM »

DLC dropped today for PC.  Right on the steam store page, it says Securom and 5 activation limit.

:MENDOZAAAAA:
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 09, 2009, 04:14:40 PM »

I don't know why people want to give more money for this game anyway.  $34 was enough.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 09, 2009, 06:49:05 PM »

Yeah I'm pretty glad that they're really really intent on reminding me why I don't want their DLC.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 02, 2012, 11:35:16 PM »

So I figure we have another thread for this somewhere but I couldn't find it

Get your halloween costumes before they expire on sunday:

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/borderlands-2-halloween-skin-shift-codes.452729673/

Unlock Salvador the Gunzerker's spooky "Killer Bee"
PC SHiFT Code: CTK3J-9XH3W-CRB3J-33TBJ-9JJHW
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTK33-HFR95-RZRJX-KRBB3-CZ3KF
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: C3W3B-5JX5J-3C55J-ZJWTJ-RH3HR

Unlock Axton's spooky "Yellowjacket" customization
PC SHiFT Code: KT53J-36HBK-W6JJ3-BJJB3-WH95H
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: KBKBT-WH6Z5-X96B6-WX3TJ-5J6J3
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJ5T3-5H5KT-3KCKT-9JKBB-3SKHT

Unlock Zer0’s spooky "Hornet's Nest" customization
PC SHiFT Code: 5J5JB-B9S35-W6J33-3BJBT-33JSF
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: 5J53B-J96HW-F9FBX-CFTT3-FTFXS
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KBKB3-J3R5J-BKCKT-H3W33-9F56C

Maya the Siren's spooky "Fright of the Bumblebee"
PC SHiFT Code: WTKBJ-XRHTW-C63BT-JTB33-J6C9T
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WJC3T-SS6S5-X9FTF-WRTB3-BT39H
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KTCTJ-ZHCKB-BKKW3-STCJT-3FZTW

Unlock the Mechromancer's spooky "Stinger Missile"
PC SHiFT Code: W3WBJ-C6ZB5-C6JJT-33JJB-JSFX6
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTKTJ-696S5-R9RB6-5RTT3-BTS3H
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJWTB-FZK5T-TKKWT-ZJ5B3-X56B9

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 03, 2012, 10:18:39 PM »

Hm.  Got my skin item, activated it, but it's not showing up in the New-U menu.  Do you have to do something DLC-special?

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 03, 2012, 10:59:39 PM »

No, I don't believe so? Should just work. If it doesn't, at the very least it's tied to your shift account.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 04, 2012, 09:16:26 AM »

It turned out it just chunked the wrong class item at me first, and then allowed me to consume it.  Well, no extra Maya skin, I guess.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]