Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Everblue March  (Read 4634 times)

Makaris

• Just chill'n
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Everblue March
« on: January 25, 2010, 05:10:43 PM »

:perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect:  :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect:  :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect: :perfect:
IMPORTANT NOTE TO ANYONE LOOKING AT THIS THREAD FOR THE FIRST TIME:
We're always accepting new members!  Post if you're interested in joining the game, and then go to our Google Group. http://groups.google.com/group/everblue-march

UPDATE Feb 18:
- New Member!  Please welcome Crystal (email crystalbells@gmail.com) to the game.

- Lost Member!  MadMax won't be able to participate for now, so don't bother him your pesky emails!

- I will no longer be using gametable.  I figured my way around Map Tools and I see it now as the superior option.  (Download Link:  http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=downloads). Download the latest version on top.  The games will have interactive light, fog of war, and lots of other stuff that make my job as DM easier and your role as player more interesting.  Win win!

- Google Group!  http://groups.google.com/group/everblue-march  Much information, such as character sheets, can be found there!

Scheduled Games!:
- Motion to convene for DnD this Wed night 3/3 at 7 pm CST/8 pm EST [Current players:  Crystal, Aintaer, Orelinde and Newbie.]
If you would like to schedule a game, please throw an email everyone's way and fish for responses.  I'm almost always available, so don't worry about me.  If the time doesn't work for me, I'll let you know and we can schedule something else.

Current Map!

editors note:  the panda's and butterflies probably drink blood and vomit burning death

Players / Characters (if they've played in a session before)!
Kayin:
Aintaer: Ucammis, Tiefling Bard.
CzarCthulhu:
KPG:
Sneeps:  
RHM:
Orelinde: Diesa Marbleheart, Dwarven Fighter
Maddie Hatter:  
Setuthua / Eric the Friendly Mammal: Gryndos Ilthak, Gnoll Ranger
Newbie: Hurk of Copperstone Half-Orc Seeker.
Wraith:  
Batclam: Nora Lionheart, Human Warden
Ian:
Lottel:
Crystal:  Zinck, Halfling Warlock

Original Post
I'm going to be running a campaign employing the Westmarch campaign style.   It's going to be a 4e Dungeons and Dragons game with two main caveats to set it apart from standard campaigns:  
1)  Totally player-driven "plot" [or a lack of plot, if you will] centered around exploration and high danger.
2)  Maintain a large player base (ideally 20+ characters), who self-schedule the sessions with each other.

To the point:  If you think you'll have time at least once every 2-3 months for a 3+ hour session, I want your Email Address NOW.  I'll be making a mailing list for everyone interested (and some who I think might be...), and once the roll call is through I'll be sending out another email with more specific information.

Read up about this whole crazy Westmarch business in much greater detail here:  http://arsludi.lamemage.com/index.php/78/grand-experiments-west-marches/  Great blog for RP stuff in general too, so you're welcome.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
Re: Everblue March
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 05:14:06 PM »

Hello, yes, hi, very much. I was so disappointed when Joxam's game fell through that I immediately committed to running a 4E Westmarch-style game for my home crew when PA linked Ars Ludi. I would be up for playing in your game. Jalove at gmail dot com.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Makaris

• Just chill'n
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 05:26:31 PM »

Thanks for the fast response guy.  You can be in it but only on the condition that if you ever run a westmarch campaign online you let me know about it, kay'?

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 05:36:25 PM »

My campaign notes now have a "considerations before running online" section specifying exactly that.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Makaris

• Just chill'n
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 04:13:33 PM »

I urge anyone else with the slightest interest to step forward!  I'm still slightly below the number I'd prefer to start with.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 05:02:05 PM »

Hmmmm... I'll causally toss my hat into this ring.

Makaris

• Just chill'n
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 04:57:03 PM »

Cool Lottel.  I'll toss yah the form email I sent everyone.

I got 15 people now.  I have no contentions about starting it now, but the door to joining up will always be open for more people.

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 10:12:09 PM »

Oh yeah I should reply to that email or something  :nyoro~n:

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 09:14:18 PM »

My sickle-wielding, dinosaur riding, undead slaying gnome is ready to go!

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 09:40:34 PM »

Cool. I've been avoiding making my character because I don't really know which content isn't available in the current version of the demo, since I have a D&Di account. I've got these extra downloads for the current version, and I'd like to let Makaris use one, but they're telling me that's not possible. Actually, though, I'm going to email Makaris my username and password because I'm way too trusting and too impatient to wait.
Signature:

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 10:07:58 PM »

Heh. What I do is download the demo and then wait a day or two for the latest update to be cracked than use that. But now that I have a joooooob... I will probably end up buying a thingy anyway.

I'm pretty sure everything would be fair game to use in this campaign.
He didn't list any restrictions, at least.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 10:16:49 PM »

Well, uh, he said no Forgotten Realms/Dragon Magazine content, actually. Which is why I emailed him—it seemed weird to rule out Forgotten Realms but leave Eberron in.
Signature:

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 11:34:28 PM »

Gah. Me and my not remembering.
Shit. Now I have to go back and double check. I should reread the post too.
 :nyoro~n:

Aintaer

• My hubris!
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 09:15:51 AM »

Underpowered is the way to go, guys. Underpowered and hilarious.

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 02:52:41 PM »

Did he really mean to leave Ebberon in? As one of the guys who helped flesh out this setting years ago, that seems like a weird inclusion.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 02:54:23 PM »

No warforged spellblades?  That's it, I'm walking.  I'll be in my trailer.

(No, really I had to quit for other reasons, sorry guys.)
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Makaris

• Just chill'n
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 03:03:43 PM »

No, I meant to exclude Ebberon, but the version of the demo I have access to does not have any PHB3 or Ebberon materials.  Hence why I didn't even consider the need to mention them... also I forgot.

Aintaer

• My hubris!
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 05:13:58 PM »

T-there's a PHB3?

Makaris

• Just chill'n
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 05:55:23 PM »

Yes, apparently.  I didn't know that either until only recently.  I thought it wasn't being released until march or something.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 06:09:35 PM »

The PHB3 doesn't come out 'til March, but several classes have already been revealed in advance and added to the builder.
Signature:
Pages: [1] 2 3