Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Let's Speed Decision Thread  (Read 4771 times)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Speed Decision Thread
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2009, 10:09:09 PM »

They might, but you probably shouldn't be surprised if you just get four zeros and a 1/10 for somebody deciding to reward you for your "effort."

I mean, that's just how I'd feel. Maybe they want to watch you LP an RPG.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2009, 10:16:06 PM »

If we let people choose any game, it's really not about speed anymore.  We might as well make it a "good" Let's Play contest, and let people do whatever they want with a game. 

We could make it speed "themed", but in the end the judges are just going to score based on how amused they are.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2009, 10:18:45 PM »

Maybe we can offer a choice? 2-3 games? Apparently one is too few, but if we have too many we get what Det said.

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2009, 10:23:55 PM »

If we do events judged solely on time, there's no reason not to just put up 2-3 games, and let people do any or all of them.  I don't see the point of limiting this catgory to just one set of medals if people are going to be unhappy with the choice.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2009, 10:25:11 PM »

Super Mario Brothers 3 (Public Opinion)

Bomberman 2(Doom!)

Wacky Norondor Game(I don't speak moon language)

how's this sound

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2009, 10:32:44 PM »

People aren't going to be 100% happy no matter what.  If you think it's good enough, be decisive.  I'm going to add a Super Metroid category anyway.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2009, 10:36:11 PM »

:serious: YOUR SINGULAR OPINIONS ARE WORTHLESS!

Do Mario 3 already.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2009, 07:45:25 AM »

Final decision is:

Super Mario Brothers 3 (Some Stage in World 4-6)

Bomberman 2 (Some Stage to be Decided)

Wacky Norondor Game (Fuck I don't Know Norondor IM me)

Super Metroid (Individual Merit ONLY)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2009, 12:02:05 PM »

This will open later than advertised, my apologies. Go practice your general gameplay and learn to record videos in the meantime.

Settings thus far:

SMB3 - The Final Airship Level on either World 5, 6 or 7 + the level before hand. This is to allow you to separate your speeding into two individual runs and even videos and to go back and practice at your leisure. That is, you can record a run through World 7-X, then World 7-XF, then go back and touch up one or the other at your leisure without being forced on edge to do both perfectly again.

Super Bomberman 2 - Same Deal, World 1F, World 2F, or World 3F + stage before.

Wacky Norondor Game - Norondor or another familiar party must contact me and help me determine a comparable stretch of this game or it will not be included. The game should be easy to emulate or download for anyone who has the give-a-fuck to actually learn to record video.

Super Metroid - Uhm, beat Super Metroid as fast as you can and provide some proof of it? I dunno, I'm just being nice to Det. Maybe he has words of wisdom.

Detonator

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2009, 03:21:28 PM »

I'm thinking about handicapping myself by requiring myself to get 100% items.  However, I'm pretty sure Lyrai and Kayin could easily beat me under that condition if they cared to try.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2009, 09:39:29 AM »

Nobody has contacted me about Norondor's wacky game.

Super Bomberman 2 stuff is available.

Just finished the first world of SMB3. If anybody could give me painstakingly accurate details about acquiring the Desert World's warp whistle, I'd appreciate it. Niku reminded me vaguely. I'll poke at it awhile. I've still got tomorrow, after all.
Pages: 1 2 [3]