Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

W+M1?

Y
- 19 (51.4%)
B
- 18 (48.6%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: MMPHMMPH  (Read 24086 times)

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: W+M1
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2009, 10:40:02 AM »

After losing Pryo v. Pryo matches for two straight weeks, I switched back to Backburner last night.

My kill ratio quadrupled.

Apparently, I conditioned myself to instinctively aim for the back when it didn't auto-crit.

All those posts last month made me try the poofer again, but I was so used to playing SNEAKY AMBUSH PYRO that I wound up getting myself into all kinds of trouble.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2009, 10:47:36 AM »

Apparently, I conditioned myself to instinctively aim for the back when it didn't auto-crit.

Makes sense. The back of a pyro is the part that doesn't shoot at you.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2009, 12:50:25 PM »

So I need to ask the dumb question:  B is for Burn....  Right?

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2009, 12:55:59 PM »

no

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2009, 12:57:59 PM »

Hey. HEY.  Wrenching is a /skilled/ profession.  You have to go to wrenching school for two years to do that shit.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2009, 01:45:41 PM »

If there's one thing I've skilled at, it's wrenching. 

There's nothing better the rush after some cases, like when you lose your engineer forward camp to an onward advance of soldats and demoman..

After getting one of each in desperation.. just clubbing and moving and hoping for the best, some medic comes at me with a ubercharge just as I was at five health.. 

I got three more before it ran out and the sniper had his way..

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2009, 01:46:49 PM »

If there's one thing I've skilled at, it's wrenching. 

There's nothing better the rush after some cases, like when you lose your engineer forward camp to an onward advance of soldats and demoman..

After getting one of each in desperation.. just clubbing and moving and hoping for the best, some medic comes at me with a ubercharge just as I was at five health.. 

I got three more before it ran out and the sniper had his way..

ENGINEER IS CREDIT TO TEAM.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2009, 01:49:40 PM »

I was inspired to play in "handicapped" styles because that "Four is a Terrible Example" guy in my pyro screen shot was basically throwing up his buildings and then going wrench-hunting and he was insanely good at it, he would just wait for our forward wave in hiding/high ground and then drop in/run up from behind and seriously club 3-4 people to death.

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2009, 03:44:51 PM »

to which someone probably replied "GOD DAMN CRIT WRENCH"

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2009, 04:04:49 PM »

I was inspired to play in "handicapped" styles because that "Four is a Terrible Example" guy in my pyro screen shot was basically throwing up his buildings and then going wrench-hunting and he was insanely good at it, he would just wait for our forward wave in hiding/high ground and then drop in/run up from behind and seriously club 3-4 people to death.

I couldn't tell if that fuck was good or not.  I saw him just running around aimlessly an entire-map length swinging the wrench the entire time with no one remotely near him.  Later he had a fucking medic following him as he did more nothing but m1+w.  Several rounds I saw him not even bother to build anything.

Yes, he dominated almost everyone on the other team several times.  But sometimes that shit just happens to me as Pyro as I get lucky with the timing of people walking up in front of me.  Other times I can't do more than 50 damage without no less than 5 people coming at me and murdering the fuck out of me every single time I respawn.   I also could kill him everytime he didn't hit me in the back of the skull first.   I think he would be better as a back-burner Pyro, or a spy. :shrug:

King Klown

• Honk Honk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2009, 10:46:27 PM »

I don't really see the appeal of the back-burner.

Setting someone on fire then Axetinquishing them seems faster. And the loss of the air compression is killer to me.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2009, 10:50:22 PM »

The appeal of the backburner is when you drop behind the entire enemy team and BINGBINGBINGBINGBINGBINGBINGBINGBINGBINGBING

King Klown

• Honk Honk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2009, 11:51:19 PM »

Which is far and inbetween!

If only the Pyro could get some Bonk!

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2009, 05:06:02 AM »

spoilers: the backburner is for lazy sods or people who love ambushing groups.

the standard flamethrower's poof sets it head and shoulders above the backburner, yet I am still pretty routinely instagibbed by some pyro circle-strafing me as hard as he can while I'm a bloody medic or pyro myself.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2009, 05:30:50 AM »

The backburner is for using weapons to your advantage, like any other fucking weapon.  It is useful for when you like to sneak up on people, LIKE SPIES WITH KNIVES.
 :facepalm:

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2009, 05:32:32 AM »

see it's a spoiler because effective use of the axecutioner is equal or better to the backburner, just not as simple to do. I wouldn't expect a baby pyro like yourself to understand.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2009, 05:44:29 AM »

Stop acting like you're fucking amazing.  It's unbecoming.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2009, 05:46:08 AM »

Stop acting like you're fucking amazing.  It's unbecoming.

Nono, passive-aggressive douchebaggery carried every subforum on the boards every forum seems to be very becoming of Doom.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2009, 05:49:56 AM »

It's not passive aggressive, it's aggressive aggressive.  I told him to stop acting like he's awesome.  It's downright delusional :3

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2009, 05:56:05 AM »

The axecutioner doesn't work on enemy pyros, but if you go Poofer/Flaregun/Axecutioner you're asking for trouble anyway.

I'm sorry you guys have not extensively tried reflecting with the poofer or hunting with the axecutioner.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13