Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: KARMA FIGHT!  (Read 5122 times)

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: KARMA FIGHT!
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2011, 12:10:06 AM »

Cut him some slack? A pissy dekarma is better than a pissy post. Has he done something worse than that I don't yet know about?

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2011, 05:19:57 PM »

Speaking of being pissy about karma and shit, should I feel bad that my last 3 karmas have come from Guild for playing in his crazy games?
I- I feel like- like he knows it's all I have that gives me self-worth. He knows and is showing pity.

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2011, 05:24:33 PM »

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT ZIIRO!

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2011, 05:29:27 PM »

I am ruining your sense of self worth by devaluing it with pointless karma.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2011, 07:05:37 PM »

This is a game I could play, but I like to think I'm better than that.

Not that I am, I just like to think it.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2012, 08:44:30 AM »

Demonsprite why are you giving envy -karma like twice a week for old posts

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2012, 11:03:02 AM »

Demonsprite: I Just Want To Find Him
Demonsprite: And
Demonsprite: At Least Wound Him Somewhat

Demonsprite: All Im Saying Is Basically
Demonsprite: Just
Demonsprite: Fuck That Guy

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2012, 08:43:42 PM »

Shinra gave me a dekarma because I told him he's being saying stuff that sounds an awful lot like racist apologetics. Which is maybe deserved, because his (later) posts read like he's familiar with the concept of institutionalized racism and he's mostly misusing a few of my pet-peeve words. (e.g. using committed instead of convicted)
But his actual dekarma links to the one post where I tell him that I assume he's not racist or sexist.

Just? What? Why?

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2012, 02:07:52 AM »

I gave you a dekarma because you tried to boil down my argument to 'Oh Shinra is just stupid', on at least three occasions in that thread.

Oh, also, you won't stop implying I'm a racist (after I asked you to in PM, no less!) because I have a more in-depth position on the topic of race in America than what I learned about understanding in tolerance in Elementary School.

My point is, your debate skills revolve around 'NEENER NEENER NEENER, I CAN'T HEAR YOU' and 'NUH-UH! THAT'S NOT TRUE BECAUSE :racist:'

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2012, 05:59:14 AM »

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2012, 10:53:44 AM »

I gave you a dekarma because you tried to boil down my argument to 'Oh Shinra is just stupid', on at least three occasions in that thread.
I am not saying that you're just stupid. I am saying that you're saying stupid, ignorant things, and I want, very badly, for you to focus on saying smart, informed/informative things. I know you can do it, you did it in that thread!

I am not implying that you're racist, either.

because I have a more in-depth position on the topic of race in America than what I learned about understanding in tolerance in Elementary School.
Uh, Shinra? Let me explain this a little more clearly. That elementary school thing?
shit racists I have had to deal with as part of my elementary schooling have tried to peddle to me.
That line?
I'm talking about a teacher in a freakishly homogeneously white-and-monied suburban school explaining stuff about the evils and dangers of "political correctness" that I had to unlearn in high school and college. For about four years, maybe longer, I was being fed elitist and racist lines that are echoed in the word choices and some parts of your "in-depth position" on race.

For me, not being racist means taking an extra few seconds to consider how, not if, race is factoring in to my behavior and opinions.

Oh, you gave me a great line, thanks.
My point is, Shinra, your debate skills revolve around 'NEENER NEENER NEENER, I CAN'T HEAR YOU' and 'I WILL PROJECT MY INADEQUACIES ON TO YOU'

Seriously, the parts where I haven't been expressing my discomfort with your choice of words or calling you stupid for not understanding me have been "I'm not sure that's so because... I think instead that... but anyway, that's a tangent."
I am not trying to misrepresent what you're saying and I am trying to give you credit where you say something sound.
I assume that we're having trouble communicating because I need to try harder to understand you and make myself clear, because you have sometimes given me credit when I say something sound.
But I am having difficulty taking it on faith that we're meeting each other halfway in terms of effort being taken to communicate.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2012, 11:38:19 AM »

Keep it in recreational murders

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2012, 12:31:13 PM »

As obnoxious as it is, I think it's a better fit for High-Context Discourse, or the Guild Hall myself.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2012, 03:32:02 AM »

HEY GUYS LET- oh
Pages: 1 2 [3]