Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: ThingV  (Read 11902 times)

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: ThingV
« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2012, 09:10:41 PM »

Sucks that both flamers hit Mahamud on the same night. That's valuable burning that could've been used to take out Cohen.

RE: hitting the wrong person: the nice thing about grenades during the day is when you're in crunch time, they effectively count as a test as well. Leave known elements to be burned at night and provide information during the day with bombs. Information changes so rapidly in games like this that even if you nail an innocent with your bomb, it gives your flamethrowers a better shot at hitting the right target at night.

It's why indiscriminate flaming when there is nothing to go on works. Less possible suspects, as no one can be trusted for more than a day. Unless the GM tells everyone that the person being burned was actively being turned, which gives an extra round of safety.

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 09, 2012, 11:09:11 PM »

Wait why would you kill Cohen? I already tested him. Anyways, it's good to know that all my blustering ended up helping my team in some way, even if accidental. Even though I was turned night one, I didn't realize I had already been turned until after I tested Cohen. So despite my apparent alienness, the truth is I was just being a moron.
 Anyways, it was pretty great to see the aliens working behind the scenes while everyone else was trying to Suss them out. Friday and Classic voting for Lottel first was ballsy as hell and the subsequent me vs him accusations between the two to further emphasize their separateness was risky as fuck. To watch them set up their plan and see it pay off was strangely satisfying, like in a voyeuristic way.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 10, 2012, 03:01:59 AM »

yaaaaay

Niku for the record I was *this* close to assimilating you night 3 instead of Schmidt/gahitsu, so we could have been alien bros

but I just had such a strong feeling Schmidt had a weapon

gahitsu

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 10, 2012, 03:29:12 AM »

yaaaaay

Niku for the record I was *this* close to assimilating you night 3 instead of Schmidt/gahitsu, so we could have been alien bros

but I just had such a strong feeling Schmidt had a weapon

Are you psychic.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 10, 2012, 08:26:19 AM »

No? You were both acting like someone who had something.

gahitsu

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 11, 2012, 12:01:06 AM »

No? You were both acting like someone who had something.

What, really? Fuuuuck.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 11, 2012, 08:16:05 PM »

Esperath

• chesse nab
  • Tested
    • View Profile