Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: corporate-sellout.com  (Read 12997 times)

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
corporate-sellout.com
« on: January 19, 2008, 09:09:44 PM »

Migrated site to WP.  Changed layout to something pretty similar to how it used to be, with a couple changes I think look pretty decent.  Haven't written any new posts as yet.

Shark, I used your "hail the heroes of the revolution" graphic at the top.  I provided neither context nor attribution; should I add your name to the bottom?  Pretty sure anyone who looks at my site already knows why it's there.

Feedback welcome.  Should probably write some shit on there too, but I'm not nearly as enthusiastic about the content as I am about the format at the moment.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 11:55:49 PM »

http://www.corporate-sellout.com/ (for those who like clicking over typing)

Hmmmm, all the kool kids are using The Press now. Time for me to find a new publishing software so that I may regain indie cred, while not being too indie as to be obscure (pure coding).

Oh, and :objection: to :kazz: still being placed on the mantle of revolutionary heroism. His loyalties lay elsewhere! And everywhere!

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 01:11:28 AM »

First post WP post is up, and does a nice job of detailing why I switched.  I'd forgotten exactly what pissed me off about b2evo and only remembered that I was pretty pissed, but fortunately I posted about it on the old forum and a look at that post jogged the ol' memory.

Anyway.  It's up and running.  Trying to get Google Analytics and Akismet working -- don't know if I NEED Akismet since I've disabled comments, but you can't be too careful.

And re: Kazz -- what, we're ALREADY fighting amongst ourselves over who's patriotic enough for the new order?

Anyway.  I'm sure you could've been in there too if any of us knew what the hell you looked like.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 02:50:31 AM »

Akismet; works, a hassle, and worthless without comments as you know. If Analytics isn't working out, StatsPress is ready to rock.

And re: Kazz -- what, we're ALREADY fighting amongst ourselves over who's patriotic enough for the new order?

That sounds like apostate talk, comrade.

I'm sure you could've been in there too if any of us knew what the hell you looked like.

I'm no hero.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 09:48:26 PM »

Fiddling with Google Analytics -- haven't managed to get any of the plugins working yet; they all seem to try and pull up weird IP-based URLs when I attempt to configure them, so I'm just using the Google site for it at the moment -- and am very amused that 5 different people have found my site using variations on the search "fuck experts-exchange".

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 11:13:23 AM »

My doctor recommended I come in for apostate exam.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 07:00:13 PM »

My doctor recommended I come in for apostate exam.

:smile: :smile: :smile:

My incorrigible desire to remind people that I love stupid "puns" is a very important reason to bring that Karma BS here.

Cannon

• Hopes for a great many things
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 08:36:34 PM »

Karma from you doesn't count, Classic.

...ok am i popular here yet

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 08:40:46 PM »

Karma from you doesn't count, Classic.

...ok am i popular here yet

That's good. Because you'd never get back into positive karma.  :rage:

:sadpanda: But Cannon is so funny.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
Re: Funnybooks
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 05:12:12 PM »

Hooray and I think your feed is broken but still hooray!

Looks okay from here.  Anyone else having a problem with my RSS?

You don't still have it set to the old URL, do you?

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 05:29:38 PM »

It never updated in FeedDemon, so I got rid of the old feed (which worked for some of the older posts you had, but was imported from Bloglines) and created a new feed automatically.  It didn't work at first, but recently I forced it to update and it found the latest post.  So...  :shrug:

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 05:33:16 PM »

...Looking through my Analytics.  The most common searches are still "corporate sellout" (duh) and "fuck experts exchange", but a surprising number wind up there looking for the "good journey" quote from the MotU movie -- odd, because I don't seem to be a very high match for that.  My favorite new one is "how to get rid of mooching relatives".

Reminder: I have a list of my all-time favorite search terms that's good for a laugh or two.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 11:51:23 AM »

Starting work on getting KateStory XIII-XVI up on my site now that Pyoko's down indefinitely.  I'll probably do what I did with XII and modify the versions I pulled off the boards -- ripping out all the extraneous HTML is a monumental pain in the ass, but probably not much more so than adding HTML format to the plain-text copies I also made, and there's a certain charm to remembering what the Pyoko boards looked like in '03.  And our avs and sigs of the day.

XIII and XIV I can probably do in concert as they're both from the Invision days.  XV and XVI are more recent, from the SMF/7DF era (XVI I actually didn't grab until we split in January) and I'm missing the CSS file that would handle all the coloring and such.  (Arc, don't suppose you have it for any reason...?)  So I'm tempted just to slap my Corporate Sellout theme on them -- I think they'd look pretty good in white divs on a gray background.

Or maybe Pyoko will be back up by the time I'm finished!  Who knows!

I was hoping to get the project done by the anniversary on Oct 22.  Now Dohl has me feeling rushed.

Anyway.  Blah.  Just thinking out loud.  But if anyone has any suggestions...!

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 12:01:38 PM »

XVI was a massive abortion that should be stricken from the record.

...which is precisely why it should remain in place.

Yeah, sorry, Thad.  I should've coordinated with you and what you wanted to do with what got dynamited by the Great Pyosplosion of '08.  I jumped the gun, as it were.  Maybe I subconciously wanted you to get in gear on recovering what you could because I was bored at work today and wanted to read the more recent Katestories (read: The ones I was tangentally involved with.)

But anyway, yeah.  With all the silly things that have come and gone in recent years since the petering out of XVI, I think getting a narrative of some sort together and in progress for the 14th anniversary would be neat.

Not as neat as, say, waiting until the 22nd of October to start it, but fucking hell, I was bored a lot, so I decided to go on an adventure.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 01:41:14 PM »

XVI was a massive abortion that should be stricken from the record.

...which is precisely why it should remain in place.

Yeah, 6 is pretty much just there because of the bits Havoc wrote.  They make me giggle.

...I was tempted, when Ysteria petered out a few posts in, to gank it, Book 8-style, but then I got distracted by something shiny.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 02:40:25 PM »

It's not like Ysteria wasn't silly to begin with.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 03:48:41 PM »

No, but it was coherent.

...Anyway.  Updated the KateStory page, basically to fit my current theme, acknowledge the appearance of XVII and disappearance of XIII-XVI.

More to come.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 11:30:30 PM »

13 and 14 are up.  Yeah, I'm that good, motherfuckers.

Minor complaint: I don't have a copy of the old, pre-7DF Pyoko avatar, just the Santa-shopped one (as you'll see).  That was the only version archive.org had cached.

Even more minor nitpicking: in XIV, I am missing the following images:
Roger's avatar ( unicron-bird-full.jpg )
Lee-Ham's avatar ( springclaw.jpg )

If either of you guys still have the things around, I could put them up there.

And if we are to get utterly anal retentive:

Brentai changed avatars halfway through, to something called death-av.gif , and Kazz changed sigs halfway through, from something called sunsig.gif .

Aside from that, and from the fact that I never used the eye-searing pink theme, they're pretty authentic to the original format.

Anyway.  As I said, 15 and 16 are probably going to be much harder to clean up, but I'd say doing the first two in one day is pretty damn good.

EDIT: Never mind about that last part.  Between Wayback and Google I've got the stylesheets for those two.  They should hopefully prove just as easy as the others now.  ...Though maybe I should put them off for a month anyway just so I've got something left to do for the anniversary.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2008, 11:08:09 AM »

Minor complaint: I don't have a copy of the old, pre-7DF Pyoko avatar, just the Santa-shopped one (as you'll see).  That was the only version archive.org had cached.

Cross this one off too; found a copy on my old computer.  Didn't find any of that other crap, but it matters even less than this did.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2008, 12:57:54 PM »

Internet archeology is fascinating!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5