Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 39

Author Topic: Make mine doodles  (Read 61885 times)

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Make mine doodles
« Reply #440 on: September 13, 2010, 08:02:11 AM »

late night doodling
It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 13, 2010, 09:14:44 PM »

I'd like to see more of how you guys draw bodies!

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 13, 2010, 10:37:15 PM »

do'kay

Here's something I just started working on: another Alana drawing. Right now it's just the basic pose and construction stage, but soon enough it'll maybe probably be finished assuming I don't lose interest.

As you can see, it's going to be kind of a large picture.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 14, 2010, 01:31:30 AM »

Part 2: base color and shading. We go from a few shades of green, to some basic shading to... christfuck I went overboard with the highlights.

Yeah, I'm going to have to dull that a bit. Ouch. Anyway, after I fix that I guess I'll head up to the head and give her a face, maybe a hand and some feet with toes. After that, her clothes... cloth, whatever. Then hair, then clean up and finer details, etc.

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 14, 2010, 07:15:05 AM »

I just assumed she was getting all greased up for the barbarian arena combat. Fingers crossed.
"And it is because they have fallen prey to a weakened, feminized version of Christianity that is only about softer virtues such as compassion and not in any part about the muscular Christian virtues of individual responsibility and accountability."

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 14, 2010, 01:46:53 PM »

I guess it's just a matter of personal taste in styles, but I feel this is a more accurate and faster way to color things. I could have made this higher contrast like you did but I don't usually color skin or even work with raster images at all. Most of my work is in vector art, which is a more practical way to make money (when one has little to no desire to be a starving artist for however long it takes to become famous) and this colorization took seven minutes from the time I isolated your linework to this post.
It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 14, 2010, 03:34:24 PM »

Oh nice, that looks good as, disposable, you have nice contrast there, I really like it!

Yours looks great too, G, and it is faster, but I dunno, I think disposable's just has a nicer look to it! But there's always the time factor, I guess.

My stuff usually has a lot of little details and clothes, though! So I dunno how well either of these ways would work for me.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 14, 2010, 03:56:59 PM »

Yes Guild. That's very nice.

That's so nice, in fact, imma go get a magnet. I'm going to get a magnet, and then, I'm going to stick that right up on the refrigerator. So that I'll always have something nice to look at whenever I go to the kitchen!

ADDENDUM:

Anyway, hey look now she has a face and some minor details sketched in -- like her robot arm.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 14, 2010, 06:52:27 PM »

She looks pretty mad, why is she mad?

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 14, 2010, 06:56:14 PM »

She's annoyed that her breasts are as large as her head.

Moving on:

A shiny blue leotard/corset thingy, light blue hair, and if look closely enough: boob vein.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #450 on: September 15, 2010, 03:45:57 PM »

i... what?

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 15, 2010, 04:17:14 PM »

Got bored during math class. Nowhere near as good as R^2's, but they amused me(and MCE!).

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 15, 2010, 07:02:18 PM »

Booby veins! Are you gonna change the outlines on the hair or the body? Because they'll sorta clash with eachother if you don't, I think!

Just a little sketch I did last night while trying to draw.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 15, 2010, 07:23:28 PM »

Well, the blue outline is just a place holder; just something to fill in that was that stood apart from the white construction.

Also:

Felt like drawing something after watching that Asura's Wrath trailer.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 16, 2010, 09:31:51 AM »

for stush but with BLUE hair because BLUE hair

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 16, 2010, 01:58:29 PM »

I doodled up a Homestuck fancomic.

I feel... it was a joke that had to be made.

Also:

Haven't really spent too much time on this one recently, but I drew in some feet and a right hand and I refined her skin and brightened up her face. Also, I feel like I should add a background.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 16, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »

Bluuueeeee haiiirrrr. <3

Just a quick sketch I did last night while watching movies, I was happier with it then than I am now, I dunno, my sketches the last few days haven't been any good, this usually happens after I do good drawings!

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 16, 2010, 07:20:11 PM »

The rest of it looks pretty good, DN, but can't you do something about that back leg?  It's pretty grotesquely contorted for a pose that I'm assuming is mid-stride (and not bladder-related).

I would get a reference picture of someone in that particular pose (drawn or real), and note what you can and can't see, how the skeleton is proportioned, how the legs are attached to the rest of the body, and which foot the weight is shifted on (this is important for making people not look like robots).

I'm not trying to bring you down, here.  I wouldn't even bother commenting if I didn't think you could fix it.  I do think you should work on getting the basic outline right before focusing on details like boob veins.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 16, 2010, 07:30:06 PM »

You could have said that is a less jerk-ass way, but I see your point. Thanks.

EDIT: Seriously. You could have just ended your post after the first paragraph. Hell, even the second paragraph. Third paragraph? You might as well have kicked me in the balls, dude.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 16, 2010, 11:17:29 PM »

Wow. Okay. So: turns out that I kind of drew myself into a corner. I would have just... loved to, you know, redraw her foot and shin only with only minor recoloring. But, feet are kind of the support that hold up the rest of the fucking body, and there really wasn't a way to to actually do that without fucking up the rest of her posture. So yeah: drew in and colored a whole new leg.

A leg I'm not entirely certain that I'm going to keep on her because it kind of looks terrible. I don't know yet. I might be able to change her hand there and make it so that she's leaning on something.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 39