Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39

Author Topic: Make mine doodles  (Read 61885 times)

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Make mine doodles
« Reply #640 on: February 28, 2012, 08:57:05 AM »

Because everyone loves you, ted.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 28, 2012, 09:55:19 AM »

Nice hips, ted

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 03, 2012, 10:27:04 AM »

Been doing a bit of character design sketching tonight~

These guys are from kate's squad of ex mercenary soldiers, Digger squad, The one on the right is the team's sniper, and the one on the left is the machinegunner. Man, I only just noticed how badly I screwed up that dude's arms, I hate that pose.

This is kate's family. Her granddaughter, Rebecca, who is in her late teens, she's a perfectly nice person most of the time, but she tends to take things the wrong way and is a little paranoid, she gets on well with Kate. Her husband, Joe, who is a very laid back person, While kate was off helping revolutionaries take down oppressive dictators, he was building an organisation of teachers, builders and doctors to travel the world and improve people's lives wherever they needed it, Like kate and most of digger squad, he was abducted by aliens back in the 1950s for experiments, where he was fitted with an organic implant that boosts his regeneration, allowing him to live much longer. Kate adapted to hers better than most, that's why she looks younger than most people of her kind. And down the bottom, kate and joe's son and daughter in law, Stephen and Sally, When he was young, stephen decided to rebel against his parents, But when your parents are a fiery revolutionary and a laid back hippie, the only way to rebel is to just become as straight as possible, he's a real estate salesman, and doesn't really have a great relationship with his parents.

Hopefully I can keep this up and get a bunch more designs done tomorrow~

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 03, 2012, 11:30:16 AM »

I love how much personality you're putting in there! It's all too easy to make Generic Military Guys or what have you, but every character in these sketches look like an individual with something interesting going on, even the son and daughter-in-law somehow. The facial expressions do a lot of the heavy lifting I think, but the different outfits are working for you as well. Looking good!

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 03, 2012, 06:57:44 PM »

Thanks. :D It's sort of weird that after years and years of literally only drawing three characters, that I can pull off other characters alright. Hopefully I can keep it up.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: March 21, 2012, 06:16:06 AM »

Just some doodling, I don't draw vehicles and backgrounds and stuff like that much anymore, it's something i'm definitely going to have to work on! It used to be one of the main things I focused on in drawings.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 21, 2012, 01:12:43 PM »

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 21, 2012, 01:39:28 PM »

Just some doodling, I don't draw vehicles and backgrounds and stuff like that much anymore, it's something i'm definitely going to have to work on! It used to be one of the main things I focused on in drawings.

Something I learned from studying animation: You want to avoid tangents. Tangents are spots where lines converge where they shouldn't. In this case, the spaceship looks like it's pushing the planet to the side, which probably wasn't your intention! To avoid this issue in the future, you could adjust the angle of the ship or move it a finger-span away from the planet. I know it's just a doodle, but it's important to develop good compositional habits!

Also, 1701, heh. Nerd. :)

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 21, 2012, 02:51:19 PM »

DN's art is getting pretty darn good!

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 21, 2012, 06:06:03 PM »

Something I learned from studying animation: You want to avoid tangents. Tangents are spots where lines converge where they shouldn't. In this case, the spaceship looks like it's pushing the planet to the side, which probably wasn't your intention! To avoid this issue in the future, you could adjust the angle of the ship or move it a finger-span away from the planet. I know it's just a doodle, but it's important to develop good compositional habits!

Nedroid posted this today! IT'S FATE.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 21, 2012, 06:15:57 PM »

It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 21, 2012, 06:17:38 PM »

To be honest, this was inspired the opposite way you think it was, not that you'll believe me.
It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 21, 2012, 07:50:29 PM »

Nedroid posted this today! IT'S FATE.

:0

I had no idea! Thanks for the handy-dandy guide, Ted!

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 21, 2012, 08:00:12 PM »

:8D:

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 22, 2012, 12:33:00 AM »

Also, 1701, heh. Nerd. :)

Oh man, Yeah, I didn't notice that before, but I do now. Thanks for that, I need to remember this stuff.

Also, honestly, I didn't even think about that! I just chose random numbers! It was probably my brain working without me realising.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 22, 2012, 05:18:08 AM »

OCing with friends is always super fun. :D

Meikai

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 27, 2012, 04:48:03 PM »

Hay guise I like to drawr too.

This is Professor Goose, he is pointing at the goose facts twitter that I am supposed to be drawing for but my tablet is all WREOOORRRGHHHNNNNNblargh.

Oh yeah and I also drew my avatar for VvWIX.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 27, 2012, 05:30:45 PM »

I love your avatar, Meimei. :D

And professor goose is a champ.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 28, 2012, 03:46:04 PM »

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 30, 2012, 09:36:54 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39