Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 39

Author Topic: Make mine doodles  (Read 61885 times)

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Make mine doodles
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2009, 04:43:01 PM »

I am listening to a lecture in InDesign class and therefore doodling.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2009, 05:25:45 AM »

They don't look half bad, zed, but i think the best thing you can do is listen to disposable ninja's advice, it helps so much to construct the forms before you draw in the details, it leads to consistency and things working out the way you want them to more often, i've been doing it for years, and i'm still not so good at it, i can't help but use the shapes i draw for planning as the actual outlines and shapes of the body parts, which doesn't work so well, just use them as a guide.

Your art reminds me a lot of what mine was like when i started taking it seriously around 2000 or so, and the only way i improved was by following the advice of others, i stubbornly refused to a lot of times, but once i got around to doing the things that were suggested to me, i was usually happier with my work, be proud of everything you create, but you also should always want to improve, draw a picture, and then look forwards to your next picture, which will be a bit better.

I really shouldn't try give people advice, because i'm just no good at writing, all the word structure and the sentences get jumbled up in my mind and i can't really get it looking right, but i just wanna say, never be too stubborn to change your ways, always want to improve, and be happy everything you make, because everything you draw is practice, and you will be a good artist!

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2009, 05:26:52 AM »

Man, i really shouldn't post on forums, i'm horrible at this.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2009, 07:48:20 AM »

More doodles! Made these last night in art history II which is a prerequisite for art history I (further proof that my school is bass ackwards as fuck in most areas)

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2009, 07:53:21 AM »

They don't look half bad, zed, but i think the best thing you can do is listen to disposable ninja's advice, it helps so much to construct the forms before you draw in the details, it leads to consistency and things working out the way you want them to more often, i've been doing it for years, and i'm still not so good at it, i can't help but use the shapes i draw for planning as the actual outlines and shapes of the body parts, which doesn't work so well, just use them as a guide.

Your art reminds me a lot of what mine was like when i started taking it seriously around 2000 or so, and the only way i improved was by following the advice of others, i stubbornly refused to a lot of times, but once i got around to doing the things that were suggested to me, i was usually happier with my work, be proud of everything you create, but you also should always want to improve, draw a picture, and then look forwards to your next picture, which will be a bit better.

I really shouldn't try give people advice, because i'm just no good at writing, all the word structure and the sentences get jumbled up in my mind and i can't really get it looking right, but i just wanna say, never be too stubborn to change your ways, always want to improve, and be happy everything you make, because everything you draw is practice, and you will be a good artist!

I'm going to all of this. I'm learning proportions right now and really, it's so helpful. Previously I'd always had an instinct to draw circles and boxes before drawing the details, so I've been told that I'm easier to train (thank god because i'm such a rock head) but the thing about artists is ...

we feel pain more deeply than others, for that is the only way to properly express pain or humor with art (same with comedians, imho)

we tend to take the less-traveled road more often than others

we like what we like regardless of what others think (even if we don't stand up for the things we like, we still KNOW what we like, which isn't always the case with most people)

we therefore make for horrible students (lol)

The Artist Formerly Known As Yoji

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2009, 09:56:17 AM »

So, which of these couples do you find 1) offensive and 2) hotter?

Made this one for a Facebook poll that somehow didn't work out. I forgot they don't allow images to be posted in those. ::(:

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2009, 10:07:57 AM »

Neither is really offensive.  I think the right couple is "hotter" because I like the composition better.

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2009, 10:20:08 AM »

I like the one on the right cause the one chick's boob is hanging down... Hey are they both women...

OH GROSS THE OTHER ONE IS BOTH DUDES AND I ALREADY JACKED OFF TO IT! :loser:
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2009, 10:59:58 AM »

enjoy ur gay

Koah

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2009, 11:09:29 AM »

Neither and neither, respectively (which is to say they're equally hot and not particularly offensive).

This hopefully isn't a continuation of the FaceBook poll because somehow I doubt this place is much of a valid cross-section of... anything, really.

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2009, 11:30:30 AM »

I doubt this place is much of a valid cross-section of... anything, really.

Pfff, of course not. I knew that before I even posted. I seem to have a habit of befriending every homosexual, transgender, LGBT sympathizer, atheist, pagan, libtard, and android in the Inner Solar System, and the WFE is no exception.

Truth be told, I think I just wanted to go LOOK I DRAWED DOOT DOOT

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2009, 04:51:28 PM »

GET OUT, FAG

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2009, 06:11:58 PM »

I like Anime Eyes Darth Vader.

Also, I would love Buge-san to illustrate a comic for me :D
"And it is because they have fallen prey to a weakened, feminized version of Christianity that is only about softer virtues such as compassion and not in any part about the muscular Christian virtues of individual responsibility and accountability."

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2009, 09:28:46 AM »

I'm all ears.

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2009, 11:24:37 PM »

I've really been slacking. Missing the bus, putting off work at home to play WoW, spending lunch break watching brainless Youtube videos... In the meantime, deviantART is continually filling itself with crap and I just sit around in a vacant stupor.

I've gotta get my act together, and the solution is clear.

I've gotta make as pretentious fanart of Eversion and I Wanna Be the Guy as I can possibly muster.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2009, 04:07:02 PM »

You know what I wanna see?  IWBTG, done in the style of Mega Man 1/Mega Man 9's box art.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2009, 07:56:41 PM »

I like Anime Eyes Darth Vader.

Also, I would love Buge-san to illustrate a comic for me :D

Why thank you sir.

As I typed this, a fly tried to buzz in through my window and was chopped into pieces by my fan, spreading its guts all over my keyboard! Yay! I think I will move this fan now!

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 25, 2009, 11:11:40 PM »

You know what I wanna see?  IWBTG, done in the style of Mega Man 1/Mega Man 9's box art.
It's not Original Mega Man box art-style, but it'll do for now.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2009, 11:32:01 PM »

Eh, photoshop Neo-New Miami in the background, giant apples with faces and teeth, and Dracula with a gun, and it's good.

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 25, 2009, 11:47:29 PM »

laser butts and palm trees
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 39