Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Your Favorite X-Men Produce Suction!  (Read 15363 times)

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Your Favorite X-Men Produce Suction!
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2013, 09:08:35 PM »

To your other point, I don't think anyone thinks "negro" when they hear, see, or use the term "n-word".
either version of the n-word
I don't know if that indicates discomfort on your part, but I definitely am uncomfortable with saying either. Even though I recognize one is more a pejorative than the other. Of course,
mutants have never had a problem referring to themselves as mutants
I don't care enough about MU to say whether or not this is true. I will say that the only people I knew in person who used the "n-words" were black (and, you know, racists). I also wasn't around for the transformation of the "n-word" from an "acceptable" descriptive pejorative into something it almost causes me pain to say and is unthinkable to write. A competent or thoughtful writer could be taking their readers on a trip through the wayback machine... but I'm not the one who's going to have that optimism dashed, so...

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2013, 07:05:22 AM »

Are you guys reading Chris Sims's recaps of the 90s X-Men cartoon?

"Master Mold, a giant robot that sits in a giant chair making smaller but still giant robots in its giant robot tummy, may in fact be the single dumbest thing that has ever appeared in an X-Men comic. Needless to say, I think it’s fantastic."

Because you really should be.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2013, 11:29:48 AM »

Master Mold is so, so Kirby.

(Its first appearance was actually in Kirby's final X-Men arc.)

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2013, 04:48:17 PM »

Also:

This time, his unbelivable hissyfit has been brought on by Gambit “spreading rumors,” because Cyclops is apparently one of the mean cheerleaders from Glee. This leads Gambit to almost blow Cyclops up right there in the conference room, and folks, I’m not even going to lie: As much as hate Cartoon Cyclops, that is how much I love Cartoon Gambit.

[...]

So how does Gambit dress for an undercover mission? Boom:

FULL COSTUME. HOT PINK SIX-PACK. 90S HEADGEAR. ACTUAL ARMORED BOOTS AND METAL COLLAR PIPING, IN A DAMN AIRPORT. Total amount of f**ks given by Gambit:Zero. Point. Zero.

The trend continues when they land in Genosha, to the point where I’m not sure if he even understands what an undercover mission actually is. When a cabbie welcomes them to Genosha, Gambit casually asks “do you think he’d be so friendly if he knew we were mutants?” while the guy is standing right there. Then, when they get to the hotel, we are treated to my single favorite Gambit moment of all time.

When they’re getting their room, Gambit notices a sign on the hotel’s front desk that reads “Ask about our mutant discount.”

This by itself would be one of my favorite things in X-Men history, but Gambit’s reaction is to pick it up, show it to Storm, and say “what do you think? We save maybe 10%.” This dude is on an undercover mission to determine whether or not an offer of sanctuary for a persecuted race is genuine, and he is willing to sell out the entire thing for like forty dollars. That is literally the Gambitest move of all time, and I love it beyond all reason.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2013, 02:03:58 AM »

Are you guys reading Chris Sims's recaps of the 90s X-Men cartoon?

what is the best gif

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2013, 03:19:30 AM »

Wolverine dribbling.

MarsDragon

• NO FUCKS LEFT TO GIVE
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2013, 04:53:30 AM »

Shit like that is why nearly every woman of my generation has a crush on Gambit that persists to this day.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2013, 10:46:37 AM »

Never mind that in my experience guys with Gambit's coat and haircut are way more likely to be throwing Magic: The Gathering Cards.

Anyone who produces pictures of myself indulging in this exact sartorial felony while playing Magic in 1995 will be summarily congratulated.

Actually, I'm gonna go dig out the trench coat and magic cards. Who's up for a game? I've got this rad all-black type II discard deck from back when zuran orb was restricted. Glee.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2013, 01:55:53 PM »

I think every picture I've seen of you is a sartorial felony of some kind, except for the ones of your proposal.

But they're delicious sartorial felonies. Usually involving Hawaiian shirts. 

Rico

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2013, 02:17:37 PM »

This dude is on an undercover mission to determine whether or not an offer of sanctuary for a persecuted race is genuine, and he is willing to sell out the entire thing for like forty dollars. That is literally the Gambitest move of all time, and I love it beyond all reason.
Plastique: I almost lost it when this bonehead set off the metal detector.
Captain Boomerang: Seventy-five cents is seventy-five cents. I'm supposed to throw away money?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]