Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Starbound  (Read 14777 times)

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Starbound
« on: December 04, 2013, 01:45:51 PM »

So they just started the early access beta for Terraria-With-Spaceships on Steam. Only just getting started off, and it's obviously early days yet, but I'm mostly enjoying myself.

Here I am on Alpha Zavijava Minoris III b. AKA The Land of Jungles and Assholes. I'm used to shit trying to kill me in sandboxes, but this thing starts right off with fire spitting bugdogs and eight-eyed birds that shit lightning at you just cus. None of which are pictured here because I killed them with the piece of shit sword that won't be upgraded until I descend to the depths of hell and fight a fucking Balrog or some shit because the balance here leaves something to be desired.

Anyway, is anyone else playing this thing?

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 02:34:00 PM »

I have the game and am currently downloading. Would like to explore/punch the vast cosmos with friends.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 02:42:46 PM »

I guess if Sharkey is playing... anyone wants to split a four-pack with me?

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 03:00:37 PM »

Would have if I hadn't already got the thing. I've got finals and bartending the next few nights, but I'll have lots of free time after that.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 03:22:09 PM »

I can do the thing.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 04:22:59 PM »

A game people might actually conceivably play with me at least once?  Sssssssssumaybe.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 04:26:22 PM »

So it turns out that our fancy spaceship represents the very pinnacle of 19th century technology. I.e. it runs on fucking wood and coal. Serious. Decided to planet hop around the local neighborhood in my space steamship. I'm about to start gluing gears to tophats any goddamn second.

My first stop was a "moon" biome where I immediately froze to death because it's a moon. But not before arrowing some thing that looked like one of Zoidberg's larval forms in the neck. No screenshot of that because I was asphyxiating while trying to rid the world of an abomination.

The other world I can get to is a gigantic desert that happens to be level 8, so everything here can one-shot me, and my awesome Hunger Games IN SPACE gear loadout just isn't going to hack it. I'd hoped that I might have just lucked into a chest or a stronghold right next to the spawn point, but nah. I am therefore stripping it of its greatest natural resource: sand. Time to finally build that glass house everyone keeps telling me I live in.

Funny enough that dragon thing with a fucking HORNED SKULL FOR A FACE is completely docile. The goofy thing that looks like Machop with too many eyes, on the other hand? He's essentially a Skyrim troll at this point. Come to think of it, damn near everything looks like it could have been a Pokemon. Makes sense, considering that capturing critters is planned content.

Royal☭

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 05:32:09 PM »

After jumping around on a desert planet for a little while, I was rewarded with a giant eye-sword.

I also got some crazy stuff for my future pad I guess? One item is a "Doctor Spawner" which I think spawns the doctor from Voyager but it doesn't seem to actually do anything. Game seems crazy unbalanced right now. Nearly everything kicks my ass to hell and back, and I can't seem to get enough supplies quick enough to craft new stuff. Especially when all these deaths cost me my precious goldpixels.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 06:00:44 PM »

I have a copy. But this game has urpiness on this machine.
I'd be stoked to play with you guys occasionally though.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 08:34:33 PM »

Okay, I give up, how do I just beam back up to my ship? Because jumping down holes or drowning myself, while consistantly hilarious, is slightly less convenient than hitting the ol' combadge. At least esc skips that great-the-first-dozen-times reconstruction sequence. Which I hope hurts. 

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 10:17:21 PM »

i sent zara and brent a thing

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 10:18:59 PM »

Got one more for anyone who wants it, you don't have to pay me back if you guys don't want, btw. ITS CHRISTMAS TIME. The only requirement I have is that you at least make an effort to try and play with us a little :D

EDIT: Beatbandit claimed the last copy.

Royal☭

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 12:35:44 AM »

Okay, I give up, how do I just beam back up to my ship? Because jumping down holes or drowning myself, while consistantly hilarious, is slightly less convenient than hitting the ol' combadge. At least esc skips that great-the-first-dozen-times reconstruction sequence. Which I hope hurts. 

There's a button on the right hand menu, it looks like an arrow pointing up.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 03:16:21 AM »

Currently playing on terra's server (vonbraun.sidemoon.net). We can probably start a server on the bronto if there's interest.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 03:21:03 AM »

I'd be interested in that.

I'm thinking of getting the four-pack with my younger brother. Anyone else interested? I need two more people (comes out to about $11 each).

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 03:27:39 AM »

I never played Terarararararararas so I'd chip into that I guess
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Royal☭

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 03:34:12 AM »

Yeah, let's get a Bronto server going. My sass-talking gold robot needs friends.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 04:35:38 AM »

Played a ton yesterday, as I have been hyped for this game for a while. I only have one trick to share for multiplayer currently:

If you join a party with someone, you can beam to their ship using the (+) button next to their name in party. As far as I can tell, there is currently no limitation on this for distance. Meaning you could be in an entirely different system. Then, if you use their ship teleport, you end up on the planet they are orbiting. When you beam away from the planet using the button on the top right? You're back on your ship, right where you left it. This allows you to hop to planets with friends without spending fuel to go back and forth. It also makes it very easy to help others or get help

Now if I could just stop freezing to death.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2013, 04:42:20 AM »

I made a boring style human to express my boring style personality.
I'm gonna try and make sure he never dies. Because I "like" hardcore modes.

EDIT:

Apparently the way the game determines whether or not you're able to teleport out is mostly due to weather or not you can see background terrain behind your character. Right click away your background blocks and you might be able to escape.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 05:00:35 AM »

./starbound_server: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by ./starbound_server)
./starbound_server: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.5' not found (required by ./starbound_server)
./starbound_server: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.14' not found (required by ./starbound_server)
./starbound_server: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.10' not found (required by ./starbound_server)
./starbound_server: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by ./starbound_server)
./starbound_server: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by ./starbound_server)
./starbound_server: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by ./starbound_server)

lol

Brentai, little help?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9