Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Revenge on Craigslist  (Read 11747 times)

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
Re: Revenge on Craigslist
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2008, 01:09:24 AM »

Fixed to make it make something that resembles graphical sense.

:fail:

Doesn't make a lick of goddamn sense if your text isn't precisely scaled.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2008, 10:47:38 AM »

Can't detonator lock threads?  Why isn't this one blown up yet?

The one night I decide to go out and get drunk with my friends...

And why would I lock this?  This is the best thread we've ever had!
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2008, 03:47:09 PM »

OH WHAT A TANGLED WEB WE WEAVE

WHEN FIRST WE PRACTICE TO CONCEIVE
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2008, 04:09:27 PM »

OH WHAT A TANGLED WEB WE WEAVE

WHEN FIRST WE PRACTICE TO CONCEIVE

Oh hey, full circle.

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2008, 07:37:25 PM »

Niku did you know that you just made the only good post in this entire six-page thread? That's quite an accomplishment!

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2008, 09:24:56 PM »

accomplishments feel so hollow after the hundredth time, honestly

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2008, 09:27:19 PM »

bwoooooow

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2008, 09:28:09 PM »

Shit, now I'm thinking of board "achievements".

::(:
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2008, 09:31:43 PM »

Drama Llama - 50g
Start a board drama that lasts for at least 2 hours

QQ - 100g
Cause at least one person to "leave forever, and never come back"

Lockdown - 25g
Start a thread that has to be locked due to tempers.

Troll - 0g
Be eloH

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2008, 09:38:14 PM »

Shit, now I'm thinking of board "achievements".

::(:

PYOS FOR ALL

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2008, 10:58:00 PM »

I swear to God we've done this joke before.

Koah

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2008, 08:55:43 AM »

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2008, 09:22:47 AM »

There's no reason for board achievements, someone will just set up an achievement forum where there are a bunch of threads that setup the condition and all you have to do is grind.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2008, 10:37:20 AM »

Om nom nom.  Om nom.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2008, 12:03:15 PM »

THIS IS A POST I MADE

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2008, 08:19:43 PM »

Aw, but this was looking like so damn much fun.

First: The self congratulatory tone, editing and editorializing of the narrative are a pretty clear tip-off that things didn't happen as presented, if they ever happened at all. However, it's great fun to scream at each other over this hypothetical situation. Which is pretty much all we can ever do in this crazy, mixed up world. And other such maudlin shit.

This person is lying to me, to my face, getting indignant when I question their lie, all to try to force me to shoulder a lifetime financial burden I do not want and did not consent to even implicitly?  I have absolutely no interest in being kind or nice to her at this point, and an active incentive to put as much salt in the wound as possible.

The "they are clearly both irredeemable motherfuckers" consensus has already been reached. But a point was missed. Yes, entrapping a man through the creation of life is a hideous crime unique to femininity*, in the same way that rape through physical force is (generally) unique to men. Any reprisal invites applause, in the same way that a rapist receiving an automated lopitoffame from a nightmarish vaginal device seems entirely awesome, though it's impractical and cringe inducing for dick-havers.

Except it doesn't excuse any of the male character's subsequent actions. It seems like it does, except for the very nature of the violation. Which is what makes both crimes so mindfuckingly wrong.

In his delaying of revelation, he narrowed the window within which it would be convenient and possibly legal for her to obtain an abortion. They're both rat fucked sons of bitches. It's likely that her kid probably will be, too, but that's maybe an unfair presupposition. Certainly not one that would justify an (early, possibly short) lifetime of suffering at the hands of a manipulative harpy.

At least, not as the price of a joke. And bear in mind that I hold those in high value.

*It's one that I'm probably guilty of being excessively wary of, having once witnessed a close relative attempt such an evil manipulation upon a childhood friend. There are, in fact, few things I am actually terrified by, and this one pretty much tops the list. Though it comes in just below my fear of strangers putting a knife inside my scrotum when I take the time to think about it. The scales just might have been tipped.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2008, 08:55:45 PM »

In his delaying of revelation, he narrowed the window within which it would be convenient and possibly legal for her to obtain an abortion. They're both rat fucked sons of bitches. It's likely that her kid probably will be, too, but that's maybe an unfair presupposition. Certainly not one that would justify an (early, possibly short) lifetime of suffering at the hands of a manipulative harpy.

Did he really cost her any significant time, though?  The impression I got from the story was that about four months into the relationship, she decided to spring this on him, and he spent a couple days getting his shit together to tell her to fuck off in as grandiose a manner as he could.  So doing what he did instead of immediately saying "I had a vascectomy" costs like two days of the abortion window.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2008, 08:57:34 PM »

Seems to me that these women are ultimately looking to satisfy a biological imperative, so it's unlikely she'd go the abortion route anyway.  The whole entrapment scheme is more to pin down somebody who's willing (or at least has no other choice but) to take care of the thing because, mentally and emotionally, they aren't ready for it.

If that sounds horrible to you, try to count how many things you've done to cheat your reproductive instinct.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2008, 09:39:38 PM »

I can't get a Kleenex pregnant, Brent. The x-ray vision having Lord knows I've tried.

But regardless, the window there sounds like more than a few days, and the hypothetical "she wouldn't do it anyway" isn't an absolute given. If you say, day fucking one, "Bitch, the kid is not my son" it seems significantly more likely that things will not lead to kid-having. Even if it's only slightly more probable, that's the right course of action. Vengeance is awesome, but infinitely better without collateral damage.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2008, 09:41:59 PM »

If you say, day fucking one, "Bitch, the kid is not my son" it seems significantly more likely that things will not lead to kid-having.

That, or "Loving, Caring SWF Seeking Responsible Partner, Must Love Horrible Situations I Mean Kids."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7