Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 244

Author Topic: Wrath of the Lich King  (Read 225517 times)

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Wrath of the Lich King
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2008, 02:43:59 PM »

It's probably a coding thing.

sei

• Tested
    • View Profile

Rico

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2008, 05:01:44 PM »

The new patch for WoW is up..... Hooray for not having any UI ::(:

I still don't know why they break the interface in every patch.

For most patches, you can just click the load out of date box and it works; this is the WotLK equivalent to 2.0.

Pacobird

• Just fell off the AOL cart
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2008, 05:33:03 PM »

And much like 2.0, the entire game has exploded.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2008, 05:35:36 PM »

re: Coding.
I believe part of the mod code involves basically checking which version your WoW is. Hence why every new update breaks them, and why most can work out of date.

McFrugal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2008, 07:32:36 PM »

My Auctioneer is totally not working now.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2008, 07:52:03 PM »

argh.  that's going to suck.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2008, 08:24:29 PM »

Question, as someone who has never ever played WoW or been exposed to more than 30 minutes of play.

Is the game even playable without the bolt-ons mods people use for everything?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2008, 08:31:28 PM »

I never used any mods, but then I played years ago and refused to go past level 30.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2008, 08:32:20 PM »

Question, as someone who has never ever played WoW or been exposed to more than 30 minutes of play.

At first, definitely, but the mods become more and more convenient as you approach endgame.  I'm sure the game is always playable with no mods, it's just a lot easier to manage everything you have to keep track of.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2008, 08:33:18 PM »

I endgame pvp and use no mods. (Though there are a few that I should). Endgame raiding, you need mods.

McFrugal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2008, 08:43:32 PM »

The only mod I use is Auctioneer, really.

And now it doesn't WORK.   :humpf:

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2008, 08:46:16 PM »

Mod experimenting is the sort of "oh, that's neat" goof-balling that can occupy slow time during a weekend.

The end result is 3-4 really good mods that you use for the rest of your play-life.

I used Perl Frames and Bongo Buttons. Grabbed an updated OmniCC(Cooldown Timers on hotkeys.)

Trying out Perl-XP Frames and grabbed Dominos(continuation of Bongos.) Cartographer is on my addon menu but disabled. Irritated me a little with it's mini-map button having to be clicked off every time I load.

Also grabbed Titan Panel(continuation of Titan Bar.) May require small bits of it turned off, works overall.

Trying to find a way to set it so that if I right-click a spell, I cast it on myself.

Oh, and a heads-up: If you see any Glyphs for less than retarded and they're even mildly useful, buy 'em. My server has already had some enterprising gentlemen buy out the entire herb market and put it up at 1000% mark-up.

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2008, 09:04:54 PM »

The addons i have mostly make things less cluttered and alot easier to manage like healbot. Which helps healers alot. There are alot of things like action bars which makes the big clunky things in the middle of your screen as big..or as small in my case as you want. Also could a awesome mod bring this over to WoW thread, i diddnt mean to blow it up this huge.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2008, 09:09:25 PM »

Only addons I ever used were...whatever the required Raid Flavor of the month was when I was in that guild that collapsed when the co-leader got a huge stick up his ass, and Auctioneer. I found playing the Auction House to be extremely fun and profitable, so it was a tremendous boon for me.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2008, 09:25:59 PM »

Auctioneer is pretty much the only "must have" mod.  It makes the auction house soooo much easier to use.

My warlock basically whored out the herbs and minerals, and I can't imagine having to manage all those auctions by hand.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2008, 09:27:30 PM »

Auctioneer always did the stupidest shit for me and I had to do it by hand, actually!

Also, all my mods are working now(Dominos has the right-click-self-cast) and with new resto talents I am unstoppable healan machine.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2008, 10:18:02 PM »

I use .. Auctioneer, TitanBar, QuestHelper (lol), and .. I think it's Dominos that I used to adjust my various action bars to my liking.  I might have a few other things in my folder, but nothing I actively use really.  Mostly convenience stuff and things I've just gotten used to.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Alex

• the Slug
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2008, 12:17:21 AM »

I pretty much only used Auctioneer, even though I hardly ever used the AH due to capitalism at work price gouging to the max my desire to not blow gold on things I'll be replacing in short order.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2008, 09:20:13 AM »

Hey, this thread was already made. By myself. That's hilarious, seeing as I was about to interrupt babble-about-Oblivion to ask for a split for the inevitable WoW topic. Maybe some enterprising admin should bring all the Patch 3.0 babble over here.

Anyways.

All my mods work, Resto is fuck-awesome(dueled an equally geared Prot warrior friend, healed through his "super OPness" until I went OoM. Dueled him again, used some of my cooldowns, torched his ass. Granted, he admitted he didn't blow all his own cooldowns) and...

Blizzard is a covey of unparalleled evil masterminds.

I am serious. Achievements are a stroke of pure, horrifying genius.

Not to mention that they are a very personal crack cocaine to myself.

But seriously! The Full Set of Holiday Titles in time for a BRAND NEW YEAR! Achievements for doing every quest in the game! My God! I'm glad I could pick up and embrace my Shammy as my Main without any regrets or hesitation.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 244