Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 ... 101

Author Topic: The Rynwold Pantheon (D&D 4e)  (Read 86700 times)

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: The Rynwold Pantheon (D&D 4e)
« Reply #1540 on: November 07, 2012, 07:44:19 AM »

"Whaddyasay the odds are the orcs here had the sense to dig their well a good sight from their latrines? Ale's probably the safest thing we have, kiddo. Eyes up, h ere's mud in your bottom."

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: November 07, 2012, 09:44:51 AM »

"Vivi? Vivi?" Briar scowls as she rouses Ampersand and leads the others out of the house. "Where did she go? Did anyone see her leave?"

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: November 07, 2012, 11:32:24 PM »

Francisca looks up from the book she's scribbling in. "No, sorry, I was distracted, she can't have gone far, she's short"

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: November 08, 2012, 07:30:37 AM »

Ampersand stretches back while letting out a yawn long enough to mask some of his words. "...the feast? Because I'm not looking forward to a lot of that, but Orcs are bound to have a large supply of meat. And booze. That is also important." Continuing with little stretches he gets up and autonomously heads for the front door.

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: November 09, 2012, 05:20:44 PM »

A short orc throws a mug of ale at a hairy, bare-chested orc. It hits him in the back of the head and he tackles the short orc to the ground. Bystanders watch casually as they gnaw on food and heat chunks of meat over the bonfire.

Kazrac, the warlord who if you remember intends to marry Francisca, marches in wearing an impressive wolf headdress, accompanied by a dozen orcs, carrying between them a large cauldron, two ale barrels and two deer. The drumming stops as he approaches. Eyes turn to look at him and even the two brawlers stop.

"What? Keep drumming! This is a feast!"

The drummer resumes banging on a huge barrel drum and the people resume celebrating.

"Well, my future wife, or should I say wives... How do you like the feast?"

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: November 09, 2012, 05:54:27 PM »

Francisca smiles at Kazrac and puts her notepad away. "It's a wonderful display of your culture, and a fantastic opportunity for taking notes." She looks over the tables at all the food and drink. "I was just wondering, do you have any non-meat, non-alcohol options?"

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: November 09, 2012, 06:18:02 PM »

"There's the soup," he says, pointing to the cauldron. "That's not got much meat in it."

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: November 09, 2012, 06:35:28 PM »

Vivi glares at Bro for a few seconds, then sips at the ale. Coughs violently. Sips some more. "It's bad luck to talk about latrines while you're eating."

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: November 09, 2012, 06:41:02 PM »

Francisca leans over and looks into the cauldron, then looks back at Kazrac "Is there any bread?"

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: November 09, 2012, 06:54:26 PM »

Gus swills his ale, then makes a face. "I rather suspect the latrine is where they got this."

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: November 09, 2012, 07:12:18 PM »

The kobold hustles to catch up with the orcs, pushing a small cart with a few loaves and a pie. He looks up at Francisca and smiles proudly.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: November 09, 2012, 08:53:39 PM »

Briar snatches a roasted leg of something out of a passing orc's hand and shoves him away with her foot as she regards Karzac.

"Well, you're half-right, Karzac. This is a fine feast." She nods appreciatively at the kobold and his offering. "And my wife 'preciates your efforts, kobold." She takes a bite of her morsel and wraps an arm around Franny.

"She might have the stomach of a goat, but she's got the heart of a lion."

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: November 09, 2012, 10:41:57 PM »

Francisca munches on her bread, pushing tight up against Briar. "Stomach of a goat? You have a way with words, dear."

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: November 10, 2012, 06:26:56 AM »

Kazrac frowns.

"Tomorrow, when I am chieftain, we shall see if you change your mind."

With that, he strides off with his men and they open the kegs of ale.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: November 10, 2012, 08:20:27 AM »

Briar waits until Karzac is out of earshot and leans over towards Francisca. "What do you suppose that meant?"

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: November 10, 2012, 04:28:30 PM »

Francisca shrugs. "I have no idea. I imagine he's fairly used to getting what he wants, maybe he thinks that if he's chief, you'll suddenly change your mind."

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: November 12, 2012, 11:16:44 AM »

The feast continues relatively peacefully for a while.

The kobold scurries around the crowd looking for someone, and then rushes up as he spots you.

"The boss is making a big speech. He says to tell you that you can stand with him if you want. You might want to have your weapons ready, either way..."

Kazrac and his men clear a path through the crowd and stand before the bonfire. Everyone goes silent when Kazrac begins to speak.

"My tribe! Today, we saw the chieftain's son slain for the last time. His fire spirits will not return him to life this night. Kalor has been gone for months, perhaps dead. Now who shall lead us?"

"Kalor's son burned down my home. Now, I shall have no other home than the chieftain's own house! Who will stand with me?"

There's a disappointing murmur from the crowd. A few put hands on their weapons.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: November 12, 2012, 01:08:04 PM »

"This is gonna get pretty interesting pretty quick, and whatever a bunch of outsider nonorcs thinks don't matter a whit."

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: November 12, 2012, 07:34:08 PM »

"Now wait a minute here," Briar says to Gus and the others. "I might not like Karzac hitting on Franny and me, but he coulda chopped us into dog meat when we got here, but he didn't. Same as after we'd fought those goons earlier today, too. I'm not gonna be running this place, that's for darn sure, but I'd want somebody I know doing it instead of somebody I don't. He's the best guy for that we got right now. Just keep a tight perimeter and follow my lead."

Briar unslings her axe and points it at Karzac.

"My troops are with you, Karzac!"

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: November 12, 2012, 11:17:51 PM »

Francisca grins and jots Briar's speech down in her notebook. "This is gonna make a pretty good story, you know, treachery, exotic romance, adventure, it's going to sell like crazy!" She puts her stuff back in the pouch and stands tall beside Briar.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 ... 101