Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 40

Author Topic: Steam Deals  (Read 59029 times)

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
Re: Steam Deals
« Reply #540 on: April 14, 2012, 03:25:55 PM »

I thought for a second that you were telling me there was a game called Legend of Grimlock.

I think I am disappointed now.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 14, 2012, 03:31:37 PM »

That was my exact reaction in #finalfight.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 14, 2012, 03:38:45 PM »

I'm sorry guys

I love you

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 14, 2012, 03:50:17 PM »

In all seriousness, this one of those games that I'm not actually too interested in gameplay-wise but kind of want because fuck yeah anything that's "old-school design/modern execution" instead of, you know, the opposite.

Dunno.  Might do it.  Roll a die.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 14, 2012, 04:18:20 PM »

I managed to make it to the fourth level of the dungeon. Right before the end of the third floor, I was extremely low on antivenom, all my characters were low on hp, and I'd basically spent the last hour fighting spiders. Now, enemies don't respawn in this game, so I figure I'm safe and go to rest in a corner after sealing all the doors that lead further into the level. I get woken up with critical damage from a spider, they're fucking everywhere. Apparently at some point, maybe based on the time I'd been in the level, a secret door had slid open earlier in the complex and while my characters were taking a nap spiders had skittered through the maze and hunted me down. I killed the last spider with only my mage left, and only with a sliver of HP. After going back to res my party at the healing crystal, I do a once-over of all the rooms I'd been in and a 4x4 secret room had opened up. There's just an herb in this room but I figure there's gotta be more so I start looking over the walls. I find a switch, which opens up a hidden passage that leads to a secluded area on the next floor. At the end of the hallway is a gargoyle with an open mouth and text on the wall that says 'FEED ME'. There's two adjacent doors, one I can open with a pullchain and one that's sealed. So I go into the pullchain room and it's a maze made up of iron grates, filled with green slimes. They can attack through the grates, but I can't hit them, so I have to carefully plan my movements so I'm not getting pounded by slimes and lure them out one at a time because they hit really, really hard. I finally clear the room, find a huge green gem which I take back to the gargoyle and put in his mouth. Bam, secret treasure room, hidden behind on a secret floor behind a secret wall, hidden in a secret room that opened on a time delay.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 14, 2012, 04:27:55 PM »

I was interested in Legend of Grimrock, but I don't like that it's not turn-based.
...but is it art?

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #546 on: April 15, 2012, 07:36:41 PM »

Hey guys, Kayma here. I have a code for Magicka to share with one of you, gratis. Send me a PM if you want it.

Also, I have a few codes for the Penny Arcade Character Pack for Dungeon Defenders. Likewise, gratis. Likewise, PM if interested.

That's all for now. Keep watching the skies.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #547 on: April 23, 2012, 12:25:13 PM »

If you think Gunstar Heroes is the greatest game ever made:

1) You are a very smart person

2) http://store.steampowered.com/app/207530/

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 02, 2012, 12:29:30 AM »

Bastion is now available on Mac and is also on sale for $6.

Torchlight II is available for pre-order for $20. If you pre-order, it comes with a free giftable copy of Torchlight I.

sei

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 02, 2012, 08:19:09 AM »

Dust Force is 50% off. If you liked Super Meat Boy, you'll dig it.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 02, 2012, 11:43:05 AM »

Dust Force is super meat boy, except fun instead of an exercise in breaking your keyboard.

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 02, 2012, 11:51:58 AM »

I forget who said it, but I think the best description is that it's the Sonic to Super Meat Boy's Mario.
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

Misha

• Pro-Choice
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 02, 2012, 12:26:17 PM »

Having played both, though admittedly a lot less of dustforce, I honestly have no fucking idea what you guys are talking about. Dustforce feels clunky and awkward to move through and Meatboy is a smooth-moving fast-paced joy to play.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 02, 2012, 07:59:19 PM »

The thing with Dustforce is that it has very, very precise controls and physics that are incredibly obtuse to get the hang of when it comes to the interactions between dashes and air dashes and slopes and whatnot.  I like it a whole lot but it's kinda daunting to play once you start trying to get good times.  Having built in replays so you can just watch anyone's leaderboard run and get a feel for what they did is an awesome learning tool though.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

sei

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 02, 2012, 10:21:27 PM »

Having played both, though admittedly a lot less of dustforce, I honestly have no fucking idea what you guys are talking about. Dustforce feels clunky and awkward to move through and Meatboy is a smooth-moving fast-paced joy to play.
Dustforce encourages keeping your momentum. This plays into that Sonic thing Geo mentioned above.

Speedruns are a thing in SMB too, I guess, but to me the game felt more about not getting splattered than Dustforce. (Definitely ran into a SMB-ish level in Dustforce, though. Go east of the server room area, there's some broken pipe that goes up to a red-locked door. That level...fuck. The idea that someone went through it in 45s, without dying, is horrifying.)

Caveat: I didn't finish SMB and has only started on Dustforce, so I may be talking entirely out of my ass.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: June 09, 2012, 12:18:02 PM »

Mount & Blade is 75% off and if you can get past the crusty exterior you will probably sink about 80+ hours into the game. I wouldn't buy the whole collection - Mount & Blade is the unfinished indie game that everybody may remember, and Fire and Sword is steeped in lore that non-poles (all of us) would not be able to understand, and gameplay mechanics that are frankly pretty terrible. Warband is 5 bucks and is amazing, it's the original game + new races/units/female lords (which are mechanically somewhat different)/etc and is incredibly deep. I think you could do way worse with your money as far as steam sales go.

Nickasummers

• Beep
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 21, 2012, 06:09:09 PM »

I have like 6 games I picked up on sale while I had money that I only kinda wanted and never activated. I now have no money, and someone has pointed out Gratutious Space Battles to me. Is anyone in possession of a gift copy or money, and willing to trade it for any of the following shit?

AI War complete pack, Red Orchestra 2 GOTY, Far Cry Complete, Beat Hazard Complete, Universe Sandbox, Spacechem DLC

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 12, 2012, 12:23:13 PM »

Dark Spirit Gaben has entered your wallet.

(summer steam sale going on)

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 12, 2012, 01:34:20 PM »

My first thought was "Well shit, I missed the first several hours, but it's not like it matters since they don't have lightning deals or anything like that."

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #559 on: July 12, 2012, 01:45:04 PM »

(summer steam sale going on)

Still ain't got time to play the games I've ALREADY got (though I've made it to the last boss on Arkham Asylum) and don't have the funds at the moment, but...it's still summer for two more months, right?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 40