Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 62

Author Topic: Good Tiiiiiimessss  (Read 84071 times)

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Good Tiiiiiimessss
« on: December 23, 2008, 07:17:58 PM »

As I slog my way through senior year of college in the city, the age-old funtimes of drunk dancing, punk shows and bar-hopping are starting to lose their luster. This scene’s never particularly been my thing – a bit too entrenched in high school nostalgia and pointless clique politics to genuinely interest me past the promise of dumb fun – but I made a choice when I came here to enjoy what I can, while I can, and fuck if I’m not going to ride this out till graduation. If nothing else, it’ll give me peace of mind to know that I’m not missing out on some magical hidden treasure trove of good times and merriment.

So, I got a year left on the clock and it’s time to make the best of it. I hold that Boston punk hipsters are a damn sight more fun than the vast majority of my fellow nerds, capable of the sort of blind enthusiasm and playful wit I seem to need to feel genuinely satisfied. I’m down to set up and host whatever I think might be a good time, and I’ve got plenty of bored and interesting people surrounding me to make it fun, I’m just running out of things I think might be fun to do.

I guess what I’m asking is, when you're hanging out, what do you numb nuts do for fun?

I’ve had some success with shots and Bionic Commando Rearmed, but fun co-op video games nowadays pretty much require both parties to be at least somewhat decent at them to be all that grand. Most people I know can’t play Gears of War or even Little Big Planet to save their life, and that just leads to frustration and boredom. Had hoped the Wii might swoop in for the save, giving us something active and easy to pick up, but there is precisely dick for the Wii since WarioWare. and no i will not play any more goddamned wii bowling

Being a resident of Drugachusetts, gettin’ high as a motherfucker and setting some ambient to an muted episode of something actiony like Lost or Superjail works, but again, that does get old after a bit. Watching TV/Movies in general is something I’d like to keep as a last resort, as it kind of vacuums out everyone’s energy and leaves us semi-catatonic.

Making movies is something I’m wrestling with at the moment. I know it can be a good time, but unless there’s some semblance of an outlined plot in place at the start, the whole process devolves into work pretty fast. Making a full movie on impulse demands a level of creativity most folks, myself included, aren't really ready or willing to put ahead to entertain ourselves.

Skateboarding, sports, dicking around in the park can be fun, if it’s not negative one billion outside. Traveling from friend’s house to friend’s house works too – something about just having a destination, a place to walk to, keeps folks active and entertaining.

Shows are hit or miss. If you’re into the band you can give myself up to the crowd and enjoy the torrent of energy, but if you’re not hunting for girls or looking to get completely fucked up, expect the same “remember when this happened” high school bullshit at the afterparty. Again, it can be a good time, it’s just harder to enjoy to festivities if the music isn’t particularly remarkable.

I get that our interests don’t really translate well to groups - so much of what we’re into is built by antisocial people, for antisocial people. It just seems like there’s so dang many of us that we shouldn’t have to fall back on what all the… normies consider a good time.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Good Tiiiiiimessss
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 07:20:35 PM »

babies

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 08:05:33 PM »

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 08:15:17 PM »

When... Hanging... out...?  Is that anything like sitting isolated in a basement?  'Kuz that's the main situation in which fun is had.

King Klown

• Honk Honk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 08:27:04 PM »

Knitting and sensual oil massages.  :perfect:

Super Smash Brothers Brawl for when Doom comes over. PSTriple for when anyone else comes over.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 08:38:42 PM »

when all else fails use Mario Kart. or Bomberman.

For cooperative fun, try Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 08:45:03 PM »

Creating of secrets handshakes.

Comparing views on the latest events in the Entertainment & Darwin industries.

FOOD FAILURE co-op, with bonus dranken shopping run.

Devising new methods to tap dat ass, by stealth & honor.

Fondling every piece of merchandise in upscale furniture stores.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 08:55:47 PM »

Facebook photo one-upsmanship.

NERF WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Your mom.

Stealth cleaning.

Chaotic weight training, Zen cardio.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 09:20:35 PM »

Booze

Booze some more

remember all the good times had boozing

waterfall hunting

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 09:33:10 PM »

Reminiscing on lost childhoods.

Tying together every conspiracy theory.

Beer & Junk Food savoring.

Showcasing YouTube Favorites.

When I Am King of _____ prospecting.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 09:37:54 PM »

Freehand maverick mapmaking.

Pearchitecture race.

Moon hats.

bike fight bike fight

Spiral spit art.

You severely overestimate how creative most folks are.

Keep 'em comin', though

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 10:13:08 PM »

I like to cook with friends.  It doesn't happen too terribly often really.  We'll find a recipe and then we make it together, and it'll either be awesome or come out terribly not-so-awesome.  Either way, it's fun and we get to eat after.

And honestly, most of the time when a friend comes over, we either watch movies, play video games, discuss stupid/interesting crap, and a very infrequent occurrence with one particular friend is playing guitar together.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 10:27:25 PM »

I assure you, the above activities have all been performed more than once with friends and rogue acquaintances*. Even bathing! *Excluding your female parent figure. She wouldn't put out.

Blind-folded yellowpages restaurant selection. Franchises disqualified.

Community festival volunteering.

Test driving with zero intent to purchase.

Let's Play Texting Game. Seated on opposite sides of a bar, pickup lines are texted between two companions, to be used on unsuspecting strangers, for better or worse.

Zach

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 10:42:57 PM »

Dinner parties sans furniture or reason; while modeled after deconstructive cooking or culinary futurism, few of us are skilled enough to make anything of the sort. They're a good sight better than pizza and a movie though.

Dumpster diving/bread sculpture/garbage angels.

Board games -- Ticket to Ride, A LGame of Thrones, Monsterpocalypse.

Teaparty showerparty.

Never Writing That Zine

Pearchitecture race.

:;_;: :imagination:

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 11:00:05 PM »

We had a couple of pears that nobody wanted to eat so we cut them into strips and sorta lincoln logged the fuckers into magnificent works of architectural radtacularity. I made a fairly respectable Arc de Triomphe before a misguided but oddly satisfying round of pear Jenga destroyed it all in a single move.

For cooperative fun, try Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

I happen to be absolutely spectacular at this game thanks to weeks of youth re-rentals, but it's uh... it's got a bit of a learning curve. The first chainsaw guy tends to mercilessly backsaw player two into life-stealing oblivion. No way the average joe's gonna make it past those butcher knife babies.

Most success I've found is with Mario Kart and Pixeljunk games.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 11:05:17 PM »

I sit on a stool all day and think about ways to better my crappy Russian accent.

LaserBeing

• invisible murder cube
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 03:08:36 AM »

The most fun you're probably going to get out of a TV screen with Normals around is Rock Band, preferably with alcohol present.

Beach fires are nice if you can find a decent, private spot, but don't leave your empty beer bottles lying around, jerk. Soccer's good if you've got enough people, since all you need is a ball and some grass. If it's snowing, get some rum in you and go build a fucking snowman.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 03:20:36 AM »

blowin' shit up is always in season

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2008, 03:30:39 AM »

FOOD FAILURE co-op, with bonus dranken shopping run.

This, plus "movie making".

Once, in the midst of filming a scene wherein, paraphrasing, "they make the zombies," my friend Ken busted into the room and gave our test subject (lying on the bed) a concoction consisting of an ancient opened soda, milk, contact cleaning solution, and stale Pokemon cereal.  The test subject flew into a rage and attacked everybody nearby.

That is how they make the zombies.

LaserBeing

• invisible murder cube
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2008, 04:05:14 AM »

Funny, the way we made zombies was by creating a new, concentrated form of crack cocaine called "super-crack" which was packaged in whipped-cream canisters and then sold to children on the street, causing them to vomit goo and morph into zombies off-camera.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 62