Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22

Author Topic: Health Care Reform  (Read 37165 times)

Alex

• the Slug
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Health Care Reform
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2009, 05:28:38 PM »

I think Boustany needs to go back to school for a class on public speaking or learn to read his cue cards better.  The tone of his entire speech felt like one of those late not commercials selling ginsu knives or something and a low low cost of $19.99.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2009, 05:30:57 PM »

I got more the impression that he was the tough, smart lawyer who would get you the money you deserve after your wreck!

sei

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2009, 09:00:47 AM »

Linking Obama's health care speech here, so I can find it later.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2009, 01:31:40 PM »

The media is usually a cruel pendulum to the left these days, but it's pretty funny when it swings back the other way and knocks the republicans around for something silly and stupid. Apparently one of the republican congressmen thought it would be a fantastic idea to treat a presidential speech like a town hall, and has now managed to humiliate the republican party.

Protip: don't shout talking points at a popular president when every media agency in the country (and a few from abroad) are in the room itching for some embarassing gossip to report about for the next month.

Royal☭

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2009, 03:36:54 PM »

Teabaggers want Joe Wilson to be a hero.  It's worth noting that after last night, his main challenger Rob Miller, has managed to raise $500k.  That's half a million in one day.

Some wingnuts set up a fundraiser for Wilson in response.  I think last I heard they got $150?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwLjMCmPi6w

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2009, 04:51:47 PM »

Teabaggers want Joe Wilson to be a hero.

Which is going to be hard, seeing as he was forced to apologize by higher ranking republicans.

He just committed political suicide.  And it's really goddamn hard to make a suicide into a martyrdom case.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2009, 05:10:27 PM »

Don't you get it, Catloaf? Wilson was forced to apologize by Liberals who hate freedom of speech.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2009, 06:43:25 PM »

Which is going to be hard, seeing as he was forced to apologize by higher ranking republicans.

They were conservatives.  But they still knew the principal of "You don't interrupt a presidential speech....Ever.... Don't fucking do it!  You have to respect the office even if you can't respect the man.  Even if you're not a respectable man yourself, just don't fucking do it."

MarsDragon

• NO FUCKS LEFT TO GIVE
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2009, 07:02:28 PM »

They were conservatives.  But they still knew the principal of "You don't interrupt a presidential speech....Ever.... Don't fucking do it!  You have to respect the office even if you can't respect the man.  Even if you're not a respectable man yourself, just don't fucking do it."

You don't get it. They were obviously just corrupted by those evil liberals who want to control the entire country and throttle it to death. They almost have their hands around the throat of America right now, and passing the health care bill will bring them ever closer.*

*Actual rhetoric from my brother-in-law

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2009, 07:19:47 PM »

They were conservatives.

LALALALALALAICANTHEARYOULALALALALADEATHPANELSLALALALALALALABIRTHCERTIFICATELALALALA

Anyway, too bad those nasty LIBS made Joe the Patriot apologize for telling the TRUTH.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2009, 07:57:10 PM »

Joe the Patriot

Not to be confused with Joe the Plumber. :america:

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2009, 10:53:47 PM »

Don't you get it, Catloaf? Wilson was forced to apologize by Liberals who hate America

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2009, 04:27:27 PM »

The problem with the spoken media is that they tend to speak too much, both sides of the line.  On one hand, you have freaks such as Beck, and on the other, you have CNN who casually leaves out important details and rushes to conclusions. 

This is why I'm a big fan of the print media as well as those who speak, but once in awhile. 

One of these individuals is is Mark Steyn who is right now fighting Canada's unconstitutional human rights tribunals.  He is a conservative, but a smart one...

And he has something to say about your health care predicament.

Of opposing opinions, he is rational and well-researched, but very offensive.   

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2009, 04:39:49 PM »

One of these individuals is is Mark Steyn who is right now fighting Canada's unconstitutional human rights tribunals.  He is a conservative, but a smart one...

mmmmmmmmno he's not.

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2009, 04:40:46 PM »

I mean, he can string two sentences together, i guess. Whether those are sentences that someone who's aware of anything that's ever happened in the entire would ever willingly say is another question, to which the answer is "no, and Steyn's a fucking moron, no surprises there."

Royal☭

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2009, 04:58:12 PM »

Reads like he ran Glenn Beck through a thesaurus.

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2009, 05:00:42 PM »

dingdingding

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2009, 05:11:59 PM »

Considering that he's the first individual to put light on what exactly is wrong about "a human rights tribunal" that can operate outside of the bounds of law in a fashion that can hit the mainstream media, I tend to disagree, hard. 

But hey, I am just biased to columnists who actually get results.  Must be a problem on my end.

Royal☭

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2009, 05:13:35 PM »

See.  His major issue is that he thinks this country is moving too much to the left.  That is not something I am afraid of.

He also erroneously states that the people angry about Obama's plan for health care are in the majority (when in fact the public option itself tends to see 55-70% support), states that knocking down from 47 million to 37 million is an attempt to concede to people worried about illegal immigrants (illegal immigrants aren't even considered in the 47 million figure) and then proceeds to complain that a Democratic majority in Congress backed by a Democratic president will "ram through" a popular bill.  Man is an idiot who thinks he has exclusive control of the country.

MarsDragon

• NO FUCKS LEFT TO GIVE
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2009, 07:30:33 PM »

See.  His major issue is that he thinks this country is moving too much to the left.  That is not something I am afraid of.

It also betrays a lack of knowledge of history. It's like he doesn't know that at one time the government started programs for cheap health insurance for the poor and elderly, or that Truman was elected in part because he proposed government-run health insurance option back in the 40s. (it got shot down by the AMA. Thanks, doctors.) Thanks to the New Deal, this country used to be way to the left that is now. By some coincidence, those were also the times all the Republicans look back on with nostalgia.

Basically, it's this recent jump to the right that's unusual, not a move to the left. Moving to the left is just bringing things back in line with how they were before Regan.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22