Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Fools-Errant  (Read 5230 times)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Fools-Errant
« on: December 29, 2011, 04:47:31 PM »

Arrr, this thread be old and outdated.

Debt: 251,000/500,000 GP
Free Loot To Date: 122,000 GP
PROPERTY DAMAGE!!!: 24,000 GP
CRIME SPREE!!!: 37,000 GP

Professional: 3/10
Cruel: 2/10
Noble 4/10

Academy: Strained
Trouble-Makers: Hostile
Underworld:  Neutral
Pelor: Good
Chosen: Good
Bladefangs: Neutral

NPCs: Wanda, Enrique, Beatrice
Contacts: Hammond(Pelor), Rosco(Bladefang), Kahlua(Pelor)

500,000 GOLD IN DEBT!!!

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Fools-Errant
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 04:52:54 PM »

Assets

The Short Holiday (Ship)

Artifact: Hand of Entropy

You're not sure what this could be in any mortal terms. It doesn't seem safe to use.

Contested Loot

None at the moment.

Unclaimed Loot! POST TO CLAIM!

Week 1 Loot. Cont.

Hjard's Dagger
Volcanic Mace
Darkhide Armor
Tri-Pod and Scope Attachment

Claims To Date

Isaac - Bolo Launcher Parts, Shades
Ilex - Ring of False-Hoods, Ruby Necklace, Rugged Bag of Holding, Telekinetic Bracelet
Bertram - Goresaw, Lodestone Ore
Gulden - Ironskin Potion, Gold Knuckles
Morgiana - Bubble Bead Bauble
Latir - Regeneration Potion, Volcanic Armor Shards, Beard Clasp
Beatrice - Rosco's Rotater
Enrique - Acrobat Boots, Slobberknocker, Hjard's Armor

Universal Loot
Anti-Curiosity Ritual (Alarm Gem)

Hjard's Serrated Dagger

As Regular Dagger; +3 Item Enhancement, +1d12 on Critical Hit, adds Ongoing 2 bleeding damage(Save Ends) on critical hit.

Hjard's serrated main-hand dagger is designed to snag on flesh, yet he simply makes stronger cuts to keep from slowing down. A weapon designed to inflict extra pain.

Hjard's Leather Armor

As Leather Armor; +3 Item Enhancement, grants +3 to Stealth and Athletics Checks

As the only relatively human-sized horror, Hjard's armor is the only set worth salvaging and coincidentally the only set that is actually enchanted as per his usual selfish outfitting. It is form-fitting and excellently crafted.

Rosco's Rotator

As Hand Crossbow; +2 Item Enhancement, Functions for all Dual-Wield Feats, Powers, etc while still only occupying one hand
1/Day - Orcish Roulette - Unloads every magazine in a frenzied barrage, attacking in a Blast 3 against Reflex. Deals 1[W] with no modifiers aside from the +2.

Rosco's Trusty Piece has seen him through many adventures, but he thinks it's time to make something with a bit more kick and even though already he paid you, he's damn thankful you were there for the save. He happily hands off the well-made piece.

Sniper Rifle

Intended for expected targets, defensive holdings or just plain long-distance harassment, this modified rifle has a long-distance scope and an advanced delivery system that can be charged for a high-powered shot. As the delivery system is based upon a bit of magitech melding, with some wind-generating stones used in the firing mechanism, it can launch any sort of projectile freely.

Functions as a modified +1 Longbow. Here are the base stats: +3 Proficiency, 1d10+1, 50/100 range, Load(Move). Functions with Bullets, Arrows or Bolts. Comes with 7 Bullets.

Load(Move) is like Load(Free) or Load(Minor) on crossbows and bows: it takes a move action to reload after each shot.

Special - If you remain stationary and focus for two standard actions, the third action will allow you to take a precise shot with the Sniper Rifle, generally on the third round of waiting. Action Points will speed up this process.

A shot fired after focus deals 2[W] with weapon die used as if the weapon was a size or dice category more powerful. In this case, 2d12+1 + Dex Mod.

Examples of using Snipe:
-Round passes, Round passes, Snipe Available As Standard/Move/Minor
-Set-up before target arrives, wait at least 10 seconds, Snipe Available
-Use Snipe, Round passes, Round passes, Snipe Available
-Round passes, Blow Action Point and Snipe is Available
-Blow Action Point and Round passes, Snipe is Available next round

Basically, it eats two Standard actions and then you have the aim and focus to fire with this greater accuracy. This is an At-Will ability.

Ruby Ritual + 1 Material Component

Teaches a 10 Minute Cast Time Arcana based Ritual. Object becomes an Alarm for 8 hours. If touched, it wails as a siren.
Requires any gem of any color that is at least 50g in value. Siren color matches Gem color.
Arcane check 20+ = Siren dazes creatures that hear it within Burst 5(Save Ends) 30+ = Siren is silent and only heard by original Ritual caster mentally(Optional.)

It would seem that you can decipher the powers of the incredible Anti-Mortal Curiosity Harnessing Device. This Ritual can be taught multiple times.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 02:27:34 PM »

Jobs

Week 1

Strictly Business Full - Ottimus has stiffed you and absconded with his precious minerals and your pay for them. You know where he lives. The rest is pretty easy to figure out.

Devil May Care In Progress, Room For More - Seems there's a dangerous assignment from people who need thrill-seekers. Do you know anybody like that? Their address is printed on the scroll.

Home Sweet Home Minimum 2, Limit 4, Bertram Required - Aunt Gertrude is loaded and wants to discuss the inherit... NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Bounty: Bandit Brothers In Progress - You've got enough left of those guys to claim the bounty at City Hall!

Dirty Deeds Minimum 2, Limit 4 - You discovered an I.O.U. from Hjard to a Damien Reinbach, a noble in the city. Maybe this is a good idea, to get involved in organized crime?

Black Hearts In Progress - Hjard had some rare ore on-hand. Gotta get that appraised!

Higher Learning Full - Somebody has to claim that 10,000 gold on the Academy grounds. Either Ilex, or somebody given her stamp of authority for this mission!

Week 2

Dirty Deeds 1-3 Persons Updated - The Mysterious I.O.U. A notable local "legitimate businessman." What can go wrong?

Sun And Run 1-6 Players - A meeting with Devlin Ward, First Zealot of the Church of Pelor. Probably about that warehouse you blew up.

Didn't You Mean To Ask About Flowers? 2-8 Players - A meeting with Elizabeth Duval, Eco-Sorcientist of Those Chosen about a lucrative job offer.

More to come

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 11:22:16 AM »

Since Strictly Business, Bounty: Bandit Brothers, and Black Hearts are full/in-progress, could you mark them as such?

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 01:54:50 PM »

Good idea, done.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 02:13:19 PM »

Muscles has successfully completed his first adventure! He found loot!

Please claim this by the end of Saturday Night. In case of multiple claims, I'll roll dice.

Ruby Necklace

A Ruby Token from a Hooker with a Heart of Gold given to an Owl Bear with Feathers of Fur.

+2 Fort/Reflex/Will

1/Day (Minor) - Produces a small ruby-red bauble that you can throw up to 10 squares, where it detonates in a Burst 1 for 1d6+4 Fire Damage.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 05:31:31 PM »

Good job, Muscles!

(How much is it worth if we pawn it? Even Muscles can help pay off our massive debt.)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 05:43:17 PM »

I'm working on a system in which you do not have to choose between standard loot progression and the debt. :V For now just post to express interest in unclaimed loot.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 09:09:34 PM »

I could use the ranged power but I'm perfectly willing to pass it up to someone who needs the defensive boost more than Latir.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 09:25:31 PM »

I'd claim it, but Morgiana's already got an amulet that makes her so darn lovable.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 10:01:41 AM »

The item already in Bertram's neck slot is critical to his so-called strategy.
...but is it art?

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 11:12:45 AM »

I'll take it, then. Let's assume no one wants my Amulet of Health +1 (+1 to Fort/Ref/Will, +5 Poison Resist) and pawn it for cash. That's 1/5 purchase value, right?

I'll add the new amulet to my stats when Latir gets back from his mission.

sentrygun

• let's adventure~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 12:54:41 PM »

Good thing my laptop is in (questionably) working form quickly enough for me to get in on this. I'd also like to place a claim on that amulet.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 04:58:30 PM »

All yours.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 06:39:39 AM »

Summarizing Week 1 loot!

*Lode-stone Ore

It produces weight and pull that defies all laws of physics. But The Reach was always sort of loose with those laws anyway.

Apply to Weapon for additional +1 Bonus. Keeps same Crit Modifier. Grants 1/Daily

1/Daily(Weapon) - Minor Action. Make a Bull Rush attempt against the target that will push them towards you. Use rolls/stats as though you were making a standard Bull Rush.

Or

Of the same sort of material used in terraforming to introduce artificial gravity.

Apply to Armor for additional +1 Bonus. Grants property: Resist 10 Necrotic/Cold. Grants 1/Daily

1/Daily(Armor) - Minor. Lasts Until End Of Next Turn. Increases Speed by 1, Acrobatics(Jump) by +5, and allows you to Shift two squares instead of one.

*Gold Knuckles

They're wildly opulent, for the fist of opulence.

Adds a +1 to ANY Fist-based weapon, only enhances the EXISTING crit modifier, and grants a 1/Daily power. Seriously just use it on an existing weapon.

1/Daily - Strength vs Fort - Deals Strength Modifier Damage, Dazes Target

*Shades

These thin glasses made of shaved obsidian bestow the wearer with the rarely seen +Cool attribute.

Head Slot. +2 Intimidate. +1 Perception. Look Really Cool.

*Slobber-Knocker

A set of specially bound gauntlets for punching. Locking mechanisms make it easier to throw a punch, among other things. They look like they were made out of garbage...

Hands/Arms Slot. Makes punching dudes function as a +2 Proficiency and +2 Weapon with 1d6 Damage, +2d6 on Crit. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other weapon at the same time to attack. Wearing them and wielding another weapon is fine.

1/Encounter - Next Athletics(Climb) check is at +10 bonus.

*Ruby Necklace (Claimed: Ilex)

A Ruby Token from a Hooker with a Heart of Gold given to an Owl Bear with Feathers of Fur.

+2 Fort/Reflex/Will

1/Day (Minor) - Produces a small ruby-red bauble that you can throw up to 10 squares, where it detonates in a Burst 1 for 1d6+4 Fire Damage.

*Bubble-Bead Bauble (Claimed: Morgiana)

A token of servitude from the Elemental Plane of Water given willingly to a worthy magus.

Daily(Substitute for Summon Succubus Level 9 Daily)

HP - as Caster's Bloodied Value
Defenses(AC/F/R/W) - As Caster's
Surges - 0/0, Caster may use own Surges for Creature's benefit if a power allows it to spend a surge.
Speed - 7 (Charge 10)
Attack - Intelligence (Morg's) vs AC
Damage - 1d10 + 3 + Intelligence Mod(Morg's)
Critical - +1d6 Frost
Torrent - 1/Encounter - Intelligence vs Fortitude - Standard - Elemental Charges to a square, then makes a Close Burst 1 attack against enemy creatures for 2[W] + 3 + Int Mod(Morg's)

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 07:53:53 AM »

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that Lodestone, but I'm sure that plenty of other people wouldn't either.
...but is it art?

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 08:28:48 AM »

It's all yours.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 08:31:22 AM »

Latir would ask to study it first, but after he's made some studious notes and run a few tests he'd return it for whatever means you have in mind.

sentrygun

• let's adventure~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 08:33:55 AM »

Ilex doesn't want to get too grabby, especially after fancying up a new flail for herself.

If nobody wants the sunglasses though, I'll take them to swap my circlet with when I need to be especially intimidating. I'll only take them if nobody else wants them though. They're not enough of an upgrade from what I already have to warrant snatching right up and could probably raise someone else's Intimidate to be more competitive with my own.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 08:48:14 AM »

My shades are made of smoked glass, so while they offer no statistical benefit I look cool as it is. You can have 'em.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4