Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Devil May Care (Week 1)  (Read 12513 times)

Poultron

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Devil May Care (Week 1)
« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2012, 05:03:41 PM »

Just like in one of my American comic books!

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2012, 08:09:56 PM »

With surprising alacrity to arrive already, Latir strides straight up to Evelynn.

"I warned you, fiend, you would not leave these ruins alive." Latir reissues his Divine Challenge, hoping entirely that it won't be needed.

"I wonder if your new pact gives your old ones any additional weight. Let us see, shall we?" Latir then speaks the trigger word on Evelynn's Infernal contract.

|&**................=|
p***................=|
|=................***|
|.................**&|
|.........,.......***|
|I***L1.............=|
|*[??]*........***...|
|*[vv]*.........***..|
|*[__]*..........*&*.|

1 - Evelynn
| _ Walls
. HOT LAVA
* Raised Floor/Pillars/Walls
^ Stairs
= Bridge Bits
& Levers
[ ] Walls
v stairs
^ stairs
? Doors
p Panel

L - 67/91 HP, AC 28, F/R/W 20/18/20, 1 Surge Left
I - 71/78 HP, AC 20, F/R/W 22/25/21, 2 Surges Used, AP used
G - 59/77 HP, AC 27, F/R/W 26/27/26, 1 Surge Left, AP used

1 - 79/150 HP, AC 29, 10 Resist All, Regeneration 5, +2 Defenses

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 01, 2012, 04:23:09 AM »

Speaking the contract's word does two interesting things! First of all, it produces, in the context of the little helpful rune-word pop-ups you can see in this dungeon, an incredible line of lawyer-speak in Infernal that basically translates to "This is not a valid contract made with actual ties made to the ruler of the new fledgling plane, Asmodeus." New lines of runes drift in, adhere themselves to the appropriate spots, twist around the offending words and wink them out of existence, quickly clarifying the true order of succession, to Sviffle, Baron of Beard, Demi-Lord of the Third, Servant of Mammon. But this is just a correction and you don't really know the details of what Evelynn set up before-hand with Sviffle.

You do know the details of the contract you set up with Evelynn, though, and this is definitely a breach of a binding contact with "one of devil's blood". The floating rune words condense, twist around each other and audibly and forcefully slam into the contract, spilling across the surface of it. They regroup, swirl together again and then fly out towards Evelynn as a collection of animated chains, the clamps of which look like over-eager mouths. Shortly, your fiendish foe collapses in a wound up stack of binding chains, like a metallic snake. Her mace vanishes back into her gauntlets, Evelynn's ridiculous amounts of battle-based adrenaline let her struggle for a minute more, and then the whole bleeding out thing catches up to her and she calms down, practically falling unconscious save for a steady glaring at either Latir, Gulden or Isaac. Such fond admiration of necks to wring.

The contract itself burns to infernal ash and leaves a single key in Latir's palm.

(At this point I'm going to work!) Thus, you fellows can clear out the bottom floor, decide on Evelynn's fate, take the shuttle back to town and even cash in the assets of the Devil May Care office! You may land the vessel on the roof of your HQ(and join in on the rampant RP there, along with genning yourselves to Level 12!), as that's where the previous Long Holiday docked before it was crushed by a meteor. (When I get home, I will tell you the full total of what fantastic treasures you have discovered!)

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 01, 2012, 07:18:43 AM »

If coup de grace is still a thing, well... Warhammer, meet forehead.

"No loose ends", Latir states grimly.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 01, 2012, 11:38:21 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]