Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Sun And Run (Week 2)  (Read 15231 times)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Sun And Run (Week 2)
« on: February 03, 2012, 02:20:11 PM »

Current Party: Ilex, Karvan, Isaac, Ragjen, Morgiana.

The Church of Pelor has a few churches across the city, but the largest would be the original founded near the center of the city, a few blocks away from the original wreckage of the Gateway Vessel. The Vessel area itself is largely off-limits aside from those squatters brave enough to roam the edge of something that could fall on them at any time. It's said the interior of the vessel itself is full of terrible secrets, active defense systems and a great deal of environmental hazards, not to mention it was picked clean centuries ago!

Thus, basking in the rare sun-light of the solar period, the First Church of Pelor is merely dwarfed by the vessel wreckage as it stands tall and radiant above the neighboring buildings. A simple squat and stone design for a church rises around a central bell-tower built of a shimmering, solar-panel like material. The bell rings out across the first hour of sunlight with a single dignified chime. People are gathering around the Church to file in and begin a prayer service and the presence of maybe two dozen armored guards around the entire 4-block spread suggests that the area isn't just an unclaimed civilian ground.

There don't appear to be any obvious offices or headquarter like structures. Sir Devlin wrote that you could meet him at "his personal quarters."

Malikial

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Sun And Run (Week 2)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 03:07:50 PM »

Karvan grasps Ilex on the shoulder and growls out, "So, this place!" He motions towards the church, "Never been to a place like this. You should lead, but, if you see anything needing to be punched, you tell ol Karvan, and he'll surely punch it for you." He grins and adjusts his silk sash and tries to look 'upper class', which means he lifts his head so he looks down at people and walks back straight up instead of his normal slouching gait.

sentrygun

• let's adventure~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 03:14:50 PM »

Ilex nods in response to Karvan. "Of course, though I can't say I've stumbled around this place enough to have a terribly good grasp on the layout."

She steps up to one of the armored guards near the entrance, hoping to inquire about directions.

Poultron

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 03:55:04 PM »

Isaac typically walks with his rifle in hand, resting it on his shoulder. He tends to keep an eye out for threats, always ready to draw a bead on a potential attacker. He stays just out of step with Ilex as they approach the front entrance.

Malikial

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 12:47:08 AM »

Karvan pats Ilex and the shoulder and motions towards Isaac, "Looks jumpy doesn't he, wonder if he's part frog?" he chuckles to himself loudly and then turns to Isaac and bellows, "No need to be scared boy! I will protect you just as well as I protect Ilex and the others!" He chuckles even louder, holding his stomach as if he's laughing so hard it's painful.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 05:17:21 AM »

The Guard salutes you lot crisply and politely inquires. "Hello, you lot look like you're really down on your luck. After the sermon, there should be a soup kitchen in the Church, and attendance is free to give praise to Pelor."

Directions? He rubs the back of his head. "Aside from the church, there ain't much here. What or who are you looking for?" He appraises your openly worn weapons. "Are you here to volunteer?"

sentrygun

• let's adventure~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 08:30:50 AM »

What kind of gauche fool would have a triple-headed flail on her waist and not in her Bag of Holding?

Ilex resumes her usual scowl on the suggestions the Guard makes. "I would hope the First Zealot didn't plan on making me hunt down his quarters if he truly wanted to speak with me." She hands the guard the scroll. "Ilex Holsten, Holsten Holdings. Perhaps I should look into plastering my face everywhere like the Arch-Mage so people might actually recognize me?"

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 02:09:14 PM »

I think it goes without saying, but here we go: You brought Karvan and Isaac with you!  :whoops:

The guard reads the scroll over and gives you a crisp nod. "Sorry, Ma'am. Though that idea of yours wouldn't hurt, given your profession and all. The First Zealot has rather... unusual housing arrangements. Let me direct you to it." He leads you around the church to a small residential block adjacent to it and points out a simple brick-wall apartment structure.

He gives you "In Pelor's Faith" gesture of friendliness and departs.

Malikial

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 02:42:49 PM »

Karvan sees the house and the residential block, he sizes up the place and the, abruptly steps towards Isaac, his arm snaking out to grab his shoulder and he whispers, in a stage whisper as loud as most people's voices, "Don't worry! I'll protect you from whatever evils await us in yonder structure!" He chuckles loudly and then sets off towards the place, hopefully the others follow him.

(If Karvan is too goofy yall can let me know!)

sentrygun

• let's adventure~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 02:58:00 PM »

Ilex looks about to see how the guard situation looks around this building. There's no way such an important figure would be in a drab, unprotected apartment building. At the worst, he'd be in a drab, protected apartment building assuming he really is so in love with his religion's ideals.

Code: [Select]
Ilex Holsten: Perception Check

1d20 +5
11 + 5 = 16

"Isaac, doesn't this seem a bit strange to you? The Zealot might not be fond of flaunting wealth, but that doesn't excuse him for living in such a plain building, and an apartment at that."

Maxmaps

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 03:21:31 PM »

Ragjen arrived as fast as his legs could carry him, taking deep breaths and holding onto his knees. "Oh good... ahhh... guys" He took a deep breath, looking up. "Okay! Whoooo..." He took a deep breath and laughed. "Shit! Here to help. Not gonna burden anyone or anything -but- lets see if we can get out of here without damaging any sort of... whew. Any sort of priceless artifacts, okay?" He grunted, standing up straight. "I mean we really don't want the allseeing deity of all that is good holding a grudge against us."

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 04:36:29 PM »

Ilex: It's a house. You perceive that the small hanging box of flowers at the window-sill is dehydrated. Nothing seems amiss.

Poultron

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 06:25:58 PM »

Isaac seems to ignore Karvan's shenanigans, merely deciding to pace himself to Karvan's movements. "Aw, don't worry none about Dev. He's just a modest guy," Isaac replies. "Reckon he fig'ers livin' in an unassumin' place like this makes 'im closer to Pelor or somethin'."

sentrygun

• let's adventure~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 06:53:33 PM »

"I just can't trust it, but I suppose you don't take the title of Zealot and make a whole lot of good decisions. Shame his good will doesn't extend to his plants."

Ilex approaches the door and knocks a few times.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2012, 07:09:08 PM »

You hear a kid's voice calling out "Moooom! Somebody's at the door!" A stern matronly voice calls back. "Then answer it, Rooren!" After a few moments of youthful mucking about, the door opens and a soft-faced(only a few chin-whiskers, really) Dwarven boy answers the door. The apartment seems to be a mix of Human architecture and Dwarven sensibilities and decoration, and inside is a huge 12-seater table with a middle-aged Dwarven man with a face well-worn and cracked from standing over a forge sitting at the head, reading a newspaper. Rooren stares at you all for a moment before running off to bug his pig-tailed sister. "Mooooom! Karvan the Butcher is here and he brought friends!" "That's nice, dear! Ask what they want!" The two kids have a nonsensical argument consisting of Nuh-Uhs and Yuh-Huhs before they both race around the table and back to the front door, where they sort of block the way accidentally while gawking up at Karvan.

No sign of Devlin Ward or you know, anybody taller than 5 feet.

sentrygun

• let's adventure~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 07:28:13 PM »

Ilex raises an eyebrow as she spots the two dwarven children, at least fairly certain Ward was a human. Perhaps he changed into a dwarf, she hadn't exactly been paying too much attention to the Church anyways. Stranger things have happened.

"Er, I'm sorry, is this the Ward family home?"

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 05:25:18 AM »

The kids run off, giggling and yelling at each other. "Ahhh! Maid Holsten!" Rooren yells! "She's even meaner up close!" The little girl yells! They run upstairs and both begin banging on a closed door rapidly. "Mister Ward! Mister Ward!"

After a few minutes of these shenanigans the door slowly opens and the kids burst into the room. It seems to be a single guest bedroom that is meticulously clean. The only evidence somebody lives in it is the personal effects hanging against the wall over the bed in the room, or the few boxes stuffed under it. Devlin greets the kids in his under-armor padding and comes downstairs in a minute or so after donning his actual plate, looking as though he just awoke.

Devlin: "Ah, Hello, Ilex. I'm glad you could come on such short notice. Please forgive my tardiness, I..."

One of the doors next to the large table downstairs bursts open and an older Dwarven woman wearing an apron covered in small, scraped off scales and some bloody bits leans out, gesturing with a large wooden ladle. "Devlin! You've been up for three days straight!"

Devlin folds his arms and delivers a confident retort. "This is business, Margaret, I've no time to slee..." He blinks, dumbfounded. "Ah... did you start preparing the meal?!"

Margaret harumphs with hands set on her hips, some unidentified goo briefly dripping off the ladle. "As if you'd do it in your sleep, or Pelor would roast it properly in the sun. Of course I am!" She returns to the kitchen as a burst of steam slides out the door.

Devlin looks crestfallen. "Th.. thank you, Margaret." He turns back to you with the confident swagger and look. "Well, at least we'll eat well. This is a rare find... some proper Fish(what manner of creature is this?!) from the new biome they're constructing." He waves a hand as if catching himself off-guard and chuckles, covering his eyes with the other hand. "Forgive me, you're not here to discuss cooking. In fact, I'm sure you want to know why you're here. If you'll come in, we can get down to business." He gestures towards the table, then reaches over and ruffles Isaac's hair. "Come on, "cowboy." "

The kids are chasing each other around the house and pretending to be Ilex and Karvan, which mostly involves Rooren making dinosaur noises and the little girl barking orders at him that he ignores.

sentrygun

• let's adventure~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 09:18:55 AM »

Ilex nods to Devlin. "I suppose it'd be best if we get down to business sooner than later. You certainly seem to be busy."

Malikial

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 09:33:45 AM »

Karvan smiles at the kids and walks over to where they are playing, he goes down on one knee next to Rooren and leans forwards, growling out, in a soft tone, "No, no, not like some wounded reptile, you must always project a aura of sure calm." He looks around, grinning at Ilex and then says, "Like this." And lets out a vicious sounding growl and snaps his teeth twice. "Also, you should listen to your sister, I may be a fellow of ample waist-line and height but I would not be a champion if I didn't listen and learn from those better than I in other areas." He pats the children both gently on the head and grins at them, showing slightly less of his vicious teeth then normal, obviously not wanting to scare the children.

He walks over to the table and disarms himself, placing his shield and weapon aside, but still easily within reach, he looks at Devlin now that he's done playing with kids, his eyes turn from happy to serious and he calmly waits to be spoken to.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 01:41:28 PM »

As you fellows sit around the table, Devlin sits adjacent to the older Dwarven man, who turns a page in his paper.

Delvin: "When they began reconstruction in this area, they offered me a home for my efforts, but I'm traveling so often it would be wasted. This is Roorik Proftvecter, father of the family. Roorik, this would be one of the fledgling companies in the city, Holsten Holdings."

Roorik lowers the paper enough to look over it at all you goofy-ass tall folk. "A pleasure. Mister Ward here insisted that we move in and that, er, he just rent out the room upstairs."

Devlin: "It's only proper and it suits us both! By the smell of things, our lunch should be ready shortly... I'd very much like to speak to you lot about a great deal of rumor and hearsay I've been hearing regarding the last week and the destruction of a bit of private property in the Underbelly. There's also the subject of a few attempted murders." He looks very serious, though isn't casting accusatory looks about.

A toilet flushes in an adjacent room and water runs briefly. A very tall, very slim Eladrin male steps out of the bathroom wiping his hands on his drab emerald green smoking vest and off-white dress shirt, producing a pipe from the pocket of too-brown trousers. Ottimus Oppenmeyer lights up a good smoke and grins wildly with the pipe between his teeth, his long pointed ears rising and falling as he chuckles, his light brown head of messy hair bouncing. "Yes, quite! Though I'm rather looking forward to the meal before the murder, Sir Ward!"

Ottimus sits across from Devlin and gives you all just the most Jim Dandy smile. "Ahh, Miss Ilex. I believe this is the first time we've met? A shame it's over my run-down warehouse!" Lines of smoke rise from between his very white teeth.

Passive Insight: Assuming nobody is flying under a 10 somehow, it occurs to you that Devlin probably invited him because he is not accusing anybody yet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10