Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: State of the Game  (Read 7475 times)

Malikial

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: State of the Game
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2012, 07:51:18 PM »

What horrible backwater server are you on where the guild has one tank for the entire guild?

It's really just that my friends and I prefer me as tank and I do actually really love tanking. It's probably my favorite thing to do in video games to date.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2012, 08:51:00 PM »

I'm not sure how to explain... I mean, Niku covered some of the reasons, but also, I think there's two things: first, I'm better off in a group. I just feel more motivated when I have someone to bounce dialogue and ideas off. A back-and-forth can keep things moving. Second, I think I'm getting mixed messages here. I thought that the gnome, the Shadow Guard and Fenwick were Important Things. I thought I'd investigate, but this post:

I am starting to get the feeling that asking us, or at least asking me, to take narrative (as distinguished from strategic) initiative will be a fruitless endeavor.

There's a difference between asking you guys to drive the narrative of the story and asking you guys to have even a passing interest in any part of it. Or, honestly, asking you guys to even bookmark the active thread and check it once per day.

I mean, I could just skip time ahead immediately to the Council Hearing, but I was sort of hoping the entire year of build-up and the reveal of a bunch of plot in the Labyrinth arc might have motivated anybody to do some proper preparation against Firebrand. Or to even have the give-a-fuck to inquire as to how to purchase a plot for a mountain. Or much of anything, really.

seems to indicate that I'm not investigating the correct Important Things, so I'm feeling hesitant.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2012, 02:21:29 AM »

DOOM I HAVE A SOLUTION

"i was totally rping a panda before it was cool"
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2012, 05:42:32 AM »

I'm not sure how to explain... I mean, Niku covered some of the reasons, but also, I think there's two things: first, I'm better off in a group. I just feel more motivated when I have someone to bounce dialogue and ideas off. A back-and-forth can keep things moving. Second, I think I'm getting mixed messages here. I thought that the gnome, the Shadow Guard and Fenwick were Important Things. I thought I'd investigate, but this post:

I am starting to get the feeling that asking us, or at least asking me, to take narrative (as distinguished from strategic) initiative will be a fruitless endeavor.

There's a difference between asking you guys to drive the narrative of the story and asking you guys to have even a passing interest in any part of it. Or, honestly, asking you guys to even bookmark the active thread and check it once per day.

I mean, I could just skip time ahead immediately to the Council Hearing, but I was sort of hoping the entire year of build-up and the reveal of a bunch of plot in the Labyrinth arc might have motivated anybody to do some proper preparation against Firebrand. Or to even have the give-a-fuck to inquire as to how to purchase a plot for a mountain. Or much of anything, really.

seems to indicate that I'm not investigating the correct Important Things, so I'm feeling hesitant.

I'm pretty sure the Gnome, Fenwick and the Shadow Guard have been largely ignored, but I have all the plot ties and many events in mind for them if pressed.

They are important things. Almost anything you press and investigate is an Important Thing, the difference will be what it leads you towards and whose side it could put you on. My complaint was against people not investigating anything at all and hoping I'd feel fit to, I dunno, railroad them if they post every so often to acknowledge that they're alive. But if you're worried about investigating "interesting but not important thing" while Important Thing goes to Hell, I won't let that happen except in cases of incredible apathy or ignorance. If you're investigating something, you're on a right track among many.

If you're better in a group, don't let people be passive or "polite." Simply grab somebody and force them along with you to what you're investigating. Bertram would have been a fine fellow to lasso in to your current task. If somebody is feeling camera-shy, throw their ass into the spotlight. You can even be bold and assertive, it's easier to correct an overreach then to sit back and wait for an under-achiever to get anywhere. Bump into Tikka and draw her into your story or have a plan that involves somebody else's talents or wits.

Also Buge you're one of my favorite actors but you seem to have the slowest posts, updating once per week on average(like right now, where you're up to bat in Final Countdown in 4 days and counting!) I'd really appreciate it if you could try to check and post once every 1-2 days!

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2012, 12:32:57 PM »

Blah blah east coast blah blah hurricane blah blah power outage.

Alright to those of you who actually care enough to read this and feel bad about it, and particularly those of you who posted in this thread but didn't bother to post in the actual game threads  ::(: , I'm just gonna call a brief hiatus. Get your asses back in the saddles next Sunday.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2012, 06:42:55 PM »

AHAHAHAHAHA I'M BACK AND I FEEL CREATIVELY CHARGED

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2012, 02:09:08 PM »

14 hours at work today will post when I get home.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2012, 10:16:18 AM »

PM me if you're still interested in playing.

Don't rush or half-lie to yourself.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]