Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I Got Lost In Labyrinth And All I Got Was This Lousy Thread(Week 3-2)  (Read 3987 times)

Mrs. Awesome

• nee Spectacular
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: I Got Lost In Labyrinth And All I Got Was This Lousy Thread(Week 3-2)
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 07:54:45 PM »

Azura and Veihj return with Chadwick, who can follow you around for the day and demonstrate his mannerisms, which you immediately see in action as he lights up with fanboyish glee upon seeing THE CHAMP.

Azura is consistently amused by Chadwick's enthusiasm for...well...just about anything new and exciting. She has her bow and arrows at the ready, and is merely awaiting the proper moment to whisk the young Minotaur off to some secluded, easily defendable spot.

Malikial

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2012, 11:05:09 PM »

Karvan grabs Chadwick around the shoulders and pats Azura enthusiastically on her back, with a blow that he doesn't seem to realize would fell most people of average strength. The massive Dragonborn lets out a hearty chuckle and growls out, "EVERYONE, DINE! It's good to see you my friends. As for your question, young sir, I do not readily employ the same tactics in the same manner more than a few times. Your actions must always change in combat, you must seem chaotic and without reason, the only defense worth a damn is a defense no one is expecting." His voice is his customary, slightly under a roar and he lets out a second no less hearty chuckle. He sits down and places Chadwick next to him before growling to Azura, "Don't worry darling, I've been forced to kill well over 200 people through various circumstances, nothing's gonna happen to your boyfriend while I'm alive." He then proceeds to give the most large and non-discrete wink ever. Before filling his, Chadwick's and Azura's plate.

He pours himself a mug of ale and takes a hearty gulp before beginning to eat and leaning over to Latir, "My friend, how has your life been going while we were gone? Mine has been... stressful. Ilex and I have not been seeing eye to eye. She seems to think that we should attempt to stay neutral while people around us are being drawn to sides of light or darkness. I've done my time in pits away from the light, I don't want to walk in shit again." He drains his mug of ale and pours some more. "I want to walk in the light, neutrality is for people too weak to pick a damn side... I'll have to think about if I'm going to stay with The Holding after we pay off her debt, I owe her that much, but I don't know how much more." He offers Latir and Azura a mug of ale from his huge pitcher, growling, "Want a bit of breakfast enhancement? I only put a bit of basilisk venom in it this time... I promise...." He grins almost evilly before seeming to remember something, "Oh, yeah, why is Bertie wanting to let us in on something about a ball or something. He didn't have time to explain it all to me. Something about subterfuge and me getting to be violent for the sake of my friends... You know how much I love friendly violence."

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2012, 08:30:27 AM »

"That is..." Latir pauses "...actually quite reassuring. Once the Trial is over, I too intend to retire from Holsten Holdings. I intend to found a functional church of Erathis, and undertake great civic works to improve the lives of those who reside in the Reaches."

"You are welcome to join me, Karvan. I expect much of our early funding to come from mercenary work, where you are a proven asset. And furthermore... Undermining and destroying the Arena and putting an end to its bloodsports is one of my eventual goals."

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2012, 02:36:40 PM »

Aunt Gertude lies in her bed, wearing her finest overly modest bed-robe, sheets bundled about her waist as she sits up with her back against a mound of pillows, wringing her hands against the cold. She looks... up to you for one of the first times in your life. "Bertram... I..." She coughs fiercely, getting flecks of blood on these priceless silks. "Come closer..." She raises a clasping claw of a hand, gesturing weakly to her side/the side of her head, as though to whisper to you.

"I'm here, Auntie," said Bertram. He never knew what to do with someone who was dying for reasons other than violence. By Kord he'd be the bigger man about it, though. Blood is thicker than water, no-one should die alone, respond to cruelty with compassion, and all that sort of thing. He took her weak, bony old hand and leaned in close. "Save your strength."
...but is it art?

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2012, 03:34:23 PM »

Gertrude smiles weakly and grips his hand. "My strength is spent... and no amount of rest *cough* will return it."

"Bertram... before I go... there is something I... I must do." She grips your hand harder. "You have always been a..."

"Disappointment." Clamp. Jeeves reaches up to grip your shoulders from behind as all the candles in the room snuff out in a violent breeze where no wind should pass. Aunt Gertrude's eyes flare with malevolent violet light and her grip on your hand is like a vice. The light spreads as wildfire and outlines the both of you in the vicious purple haze... Gertrude lies back and closes her eyes, a third spiritual eye manifesting on her forehead. It unerringly faces you no matter what angle you look at it... and a psionic shockwave tears through the room, disturbing nothing yet ravaging everyone in it.

Everything turns black.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2012, 03:36:31 PM »

fuck
...but is it art?

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2012, 03:37:36 PM »

Well said.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2012, 03:54:48 PM »

In response to Karvan's offer Firen walks up and grabs a cup of ale(or his cup) and slams it back, then heads up to shake Latir's hand. "Aye, some fancy ball.. all the best bulls and cows flirting about to mangle their family lines some more, pass more money where it wasn't earned. Psshaw."

"Latir Rtirrson, the Son of Rtirr.. and the true Dwarven son. When I heard the word on the street I knew what it meant! I hear you mean to craft a mountain... and by the Gods, none of us have much love for this rotting husk of a planet! I and all those like me... maybe in time, all Dwarven people... we want to support you!" He looks enthusiastic but dead serious. "Myself, I represent our workers union in the mines, much as a joke that is. Like the bulls care when we lose our bones to falling stone... but we have the expertise and if you'd have us, we'll follow you to your site when you're ready!"

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2012, 04:05:33 PM »

"Mr. Firen, I would be happy to have your help, and the help of any you represent. I fear it may be your grandson's task to actually build the mountain, but I have many plans to put in execute, and any number of laborers and managers and taskmasters will be needed. Your help will be most welcome."

"When I first approached the Wardens with my idea, they told me they were short on funds, labor, time... everything. I am glad to hear that at the very least, their concerns for having hands to put to the task is assuaged."

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2012, 04:11:17 PM »

Firen explodes in a cloud of spat ale and crumbled biscuits. Thankfully to the side instead of in your face. "Wardens! Wardens! BAAAAAAH! There are more than two groups in the stars, Latir! The Wardens say they hold all the cards, but what of Firebrand?! Dwarf helping Dwarf, I'm sure that's the way! And he'll be abandoning that Holsten character any day now..."

Firen seems to be a bit distraught at the idea of going to the Wardens. Wanda mills about the breakfast table, cleaning Firen's mess and refreshing his mug with coffee and a shot from the complimentary brandy to make it Dwarven, ensuring another biscuit makes it's way into his hand. "Damn fine help ya got, Latir. You making in-roads with the Bulls?" He squints one eye. He's a very blunt man... passive Insight tells you he's not just offering you his help, he's sizing you up as worthy for it. Maybe he's shrewder than his promises.

Wanda is still giving you a +2 to Diplomacy via Aid Other.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2012, 04:23:24 PM »

"I was under the impression the Wardens were the only group with the rituals and expertise to craft geography. To not just craft a very large rock, but to set up an atmosphere and... ecology and so on. Should be it become plausible for the dwarves to craft their own mountain-home, without the help of others, then by all means it should be a dwarven task."

"As for the bulls... no. I spoke with Lady Sydney and found her a horrible person overall; I would not tarnish my great work by accepting help from such a person even if it were offered. Once I left her manor I went to talk to your Ollam. I have not spoken with any other minotaur on the subject."

"As for Firebeard, I am... unsure. This is a civic work, one for the good of all. I would gladly accept his help in crafting my mountain, but must be careful that it does not appear to the public that I am cronying together a monopolized source of revenue for my mining-company sponsor. As a dwarf, Mr. Firebeard has as much claim to my mountain as anyone else, but public perception is what is destroying Holsten Holdings, and I would rather the church of Erathis not suffer that fate."

Latir makes his case (Diplomacy)
1d20 +22
7 + 22 = 29

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2012, 04:28:15 PM »

Firen seems to like the cut of your gib. "Wardens like everyone to think they got the monopoly on it, but ya can always home-brew it with enough... ah... magical know-how." He scratches his head. "Just remember that. I'd figure a fella like ya running about on so many adventures would be familiar with the Hero's Shortcuts." A commoner's term for the havoc adventurers tend to wreck on local economies with the fantastic wealth they find, or Erathis help all cities, the magical items they find that could classify as Weapons of Mass Destruction.

"I'm just sayin', the Wardens are pretty decent folk... but they keep a tight leash, way I figure it. Hard to argue with folks that provide your air and water." He empties his mug again. "Now, Firebrand... the man's an arse but he harvests asteroids fast as can be. If ya don't want to work under him, maybe buying from him will do?"

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2012, 04:34:47 PM »

"I certainly hold the Wardens in high regard. One of their own, a Miss Duval, is one of the most compassionate and caring people I know, and I say that with Wanda present."

"Nonetheless, the end goal is to build a mountain. The exact methods used to arrive at that result, whether be it commissioned to the Wardens or built, pardon the term, from the ground up by those who simply wish to see it happen, matter little to me. I have integrity and morality to consider, but I have no such love for Those Chosen that I feel I must hire them to do the work."

"Once I return to Gateway, I have much to do in organizing my church... But being the church of Erathis, I would be remiss to not include some sort of research-and-development wing for the Reaches' greatest issues -- namely, those of terraforming and interplanar travel."

Mrs. Awesome

• nee Spectacular
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2012, 04:35:52 PM »

At first, Azura meant to shake her head vehemently at Karvan, because his insinuation of Chadwick belonging...well, to her, seemed silly and sort of wrong. But the moment passed, and she rubbed her shoulder where his massive hand may have bruised her. She gulps down a fair bit of food before kicking Veihj under the table, and nudges her eyes to the door. We need to scope out a good hiding place for the kid for when this all starts to go down, she tries to communicate to him, and wipes her mouth non-daintily on a napkin. At least at this table she feels free to be exactly herself.

"Excuse me, Mister Karvan? The food is excellent, but my kobold friend and I may have to take our leave of you for just a short time. We'll return as quickly as we can."

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2012, 04:56:57 PM »

Veihj is stuffing biscuits down his maw as fast as he can finish chewing them, snorts and chokes a bit when kicked, looks around blindly and then snaps to attention and nods at Azura with everything she says to Karvan, getting out of his chair and tagging along. Chadwick will follow you as well and you're free to head to the other thread to scope out the situation and investigate. Any number of skill checks would assist you there.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2012, 05:46:32 PM »

Firen: "Well, when you return send me a letter once you got your land or you begin the base of the mountain. We'll proudly live off the land."

And with that and another Dwarven Coffee and another biscuit and he leaves with the Hotel's mug, Firen dunks the biscuit in his mug and moves to shake Latir's hand again.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2012, 05:51:58 PM »

"I will do that. Thank you, Mr. Firen."

Come to think of it, Latir has lots of letters to send. If we're done with breakfast, he will return to his room to do some writing, to tweak the Shield-Killer one more time, and maybe take a nap.

Malikial

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2012, 02:00:11 PM »

Karvan finishes his breakfast quickly as Azura leaves and then gets up to follow her, growling to Latir before he leaves, "We will talk more later, I do not believe the arena's need to be completely removed but I believe they need to be, atleast, revamped into something useful."

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2012, 01:03:40 PM »

Latir: Wanda volunteers to come back and wake you when it is time for the Ball. Sir Lionel waddles about with a tray of biscuits and new sausages and watches you write for a spell. "Who's got your ear, Sir Rtirrson?"

Tikka: On her way out Wanda catches your attention and if all else fails grabs your wrist and leads you out with her.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2012, 02:44:48 PM »

Lionel seems a good enough fellow, but Latir is a little surprised he's interested in something as dull as writing letters. "It seems wise to go ahead and put out some notifications that I intend to leave Holsten Holdings to what contacts I have. Given that the church is not yet founded we will need to support ourselves with mercenary work -- it does pay well, after all -- while we get started. These are just letters of intent to found my own company, asking if any sellsword work might be available."

Latir addresses a letter each to Firebrand, Yurbere Kilest, Ollam Cedric Winehaus, and his own father back home... Come to think of it, Latir doesn't have much in the way of personal contacts... who else is there? He'll fire off a couple to the church of Pelor and the Academy, addressed To Whom It May Concern. At least the Academy is well-known for funding mercenaries for missions of exploration and so on.

Reinbach is probably best avoided, overall... the bounty office isn't all bad, though, so if they have any outstanding warrants, that's a lead. The Office, rather than Reinbach personally, gets a letter too.

Roscoe Nailbrain gets a letter that furthermore explains extraplanar research is a field Latir is interested in, offering Roscoe a job in research and development should he desire it. Miss Duval -- dare Latir dream of hiring her out from under the Wardens? -- gets a more thorough letter of intent than the rest, and a request for some of her time to sit down and meet with him.
Pages: 1 [2] 3