Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Strong Arms of The Law: Labyrinth's High Society Ball (Week 3-2)  (Read 12341 times)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Strong Arms of The Law: Labyrinth's High Society Ball (Week 3-2)
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2012, 04:50:09 PM »

Far overhead in the darkness of space, a colossal warpwood wasp rises from the cinnamon-scented smoke of the recent dock-fire. The intense buzzing sound is lost in the vacuum of space, as is the constant chortling it drowns out.

Latir: Nossian regards you curiously for a moment, then smiles. "My, what a noble sentiment. I've oft thought that the lot of the Dwarf in Labyrinth is not of a forced slavery, but rather one of circumstance... without any alternatives, his fortune can never change. Building a mountain that endures... I'd rather like to be a part of that." He shakes your hand again.

Maxi: "<The third man is in position. Stand-by for the speech.>" You don't see anybody... must be on the ballroom below. Indeed, the no-good Byss Sincent, Human ne'er-do-well, has taken up residence as a wall-flower an equidistant 30 feet away from Fake-Chadwick's position. This creates a neat triangle of spider-fairy holding Quint agents around Morgiana and her Succubus' new position at the buffet table.

Karvan: You take up residence in one of the third floor box seats. Nothing says ready to strike like leaping in from above. There's even a chandelier nearby!

Azura: Chadwick frowns as you work. "I... I'd rather fight, you know! I'm good with a Goreberd and a Smashvelin! And I was almost picked for Center-Front-Backlinesman once!" But you do a good job of giving him a +5 bonus to Bluff to play dead/wounded. You feel something nibbling hard on your ear, enough to draw blood.

Ragjen: You slip in to the second floor buffet effortlessly, since you were already well past the front-door guard. Good spread of edibles and it looks like the fake-Chadwick set-up with Morgiana is going on without a hitch. You feel very self-assured about your impromptu addition to the plan as a tantalizing chicken appetizer spread comes into view.

Tikka: As you work your magic with the violin, a dapper looking Minotaur fellow in a gold-white tux-top with a Kord-embroided platinum loincloth bottom steps onto stage, looking a bit confused... his gaze shifts sideways to the crowd and his face shifts into a confident grin. "What's a tin-can dame like you doing up here, sweet-heart?"

(And since I got his back and forth over Steam, here's Tikka immediate replies and my own. Thank you for helping me write this, Niku!)

Niku: Tikka, of course, was not dissuaded from her playing.  It might have taken a bodily force to actually get her to stop now that she had an entire crowd dancing to the zing of her strings.  The sound of her own music was a pale symphony in comparison to the rhythm of countless feet moving to it and the pleased chatter of those who merely listened appreciatively.  The only sour note, in fact, was the patter of legs attempting to share the stage, which Tikka had very quickly decided should henceforth be known as her stage.  "Enrapturing dozens with resonant rhythms," she replied, and her look could almost be mistaken for frustration at being interrupted, provided she had actually ever stopped playing!

Doom: The fella reared back, holding his hands up in mockery, as if wounded or to surrender. "Well you can sling a string, but did they remember to install a set of pipes?" He holds his hand out to the side without watching and smoothly accepts the runed stone placed in it by one of the staff, tossing it to Tikka. He repeats the gesture and keeps the next stone for his own. The crowd watches with great interest... they clearly heard the exchange and the Ball quieted down dramatically once it started, but now both Tikka and the Bard, known to those in the know as Benedetto, spoke with amplification! From nowhere in particular a steady bit of background music drifts in.

N: Tikka has a choice between catching the stone or ceasing her music, her fingers still subtly flying across the strings.  But instead of stopping to turn her wrist and catch the stone, it simply slows to a stop above her arm, a low, slow orbit overtaking it as it winds its way up the limb until she holds it somewhere not far from her lips.  "I suppose I could show you," she said, the hands in her eyes spinning in momentary surprise at just how loudly her voice now sounds, "but we've only just met."  Tikka swipes her fingers across the strings, her song coming to an abrupt end as it fuses with the sudden backbeat.  Her foot taps once, twice, finding the rhythm, matching it.  Her lips tick upward into the shadow of a smile, the scratch of metal and stone against stone and metal causing a sound not dissimilar to feedback through the amplication for a brief, painful moment before she lets out a brassy sound from somewhere in the chambers of her body, adding horns to the strings and the beat to match the sudden uptempo music.

Benedetto: "She gets too rusty for a polish and shine..."

Tikka: "I gleam!"

Benedetto: "She can carry a tune, but she couldn't lift mine.  I'd take the spotlight, but she just took nine, that's why this singer is a tramp!"

Tikka: "I beg your pardon!"

The Warpwood Wasp made tight circles, idling in the same small zone. The three Spider-Faeries danced about near it's antennae. Maxi could hear voices cut in again.

Demanding Voice: "This is Dread. ETA is less than two minutes."

Dr Quint: "His speech is starting soon! Be ready!"

Elsewhere, the Punch-King of Kord dramatically kicks the door of his office open and strolls out, a super-buff Minotaur wearing an open silk-white robe and a platinum loincloth, his arms and chest shaved to show off wicked tats displaying absolutely Kordosity! He strides through the Temple without confusion or loss of direction and strides to his office, letting out a hearty chuckle at the sight of his secretary sloshed out on booze and asleep behind the desk. He !flexes! an arm as he righteously seizes his prepared speech!

Tikka: "I'd hate this intrustion, but he's such a scamp."

Benedetto: "That's why the lady is a tramp!"

Tikka: "I'm a tramp?"

The Punch-King proceeds through the temple with bodacious steps. The Warpwood Wasp comes to a stop as the three Spider-Fae concentrate... at this distance, it's all they can do with all their fey energy to mentally feel out their sisters far below. Maxi's pocket actually heats up with the energy released by the concentrating pixie, but the song below seems to have everybody too distracted to notice glowing pockets.

Benedetto: "She likes the bright (Tikka: Bright!) lights (Tikka: Lights!) of the big stage!"

Tikka:  "Now I ain't no sage, but it belongs to me, not two not three! I should be alone while I'm wowin' the crowd!"

Benedetto and Tikka: "That's why the lady is a tramp!"

N: Tikka notices Benedetto putting out his hand, and as the music flares and then comes to a sudden stop, she's left with no real reason not to take it.  Assuming that all performances are supposed to end in a bow anyhow, she expects that rather than the abrupt twisting of her arm.  Mildly panicked but luckily loose of joint, she spins like an unwound top as her skirt flares around her metallic shins, twisted underneath the minotaurs arm and left with her eyes spiralling to six and twelve in alternate motions when she finds herself on the other side of him and abruptly falling.  Unfamiliar with the dip, she can only assume that she herself had gone off balance, and thinks to quickly thank the other singer for his quick catch at the small of her back.  But there's no time!  She's already being ushered off!  And .. wait!  She wasn't finished!  They're applauding!

Didn't anyone in Labyrinth understand the importance of an encore!?

D: Amazed by the performance he heard the end of, the Punch-King ascends to the empty stage in a great mood! He throws his arms up and the Kordites in the crowd go wild. "Citizens of Labyrinth! Are you ready for the good word.... of KORD!?" He brings his arms down in a rocking flex and then ahrgaghrlgalrhgalra he shreds his robe as the crowd goes wild and begins to speak at the podium in just his loincloth. "Oh verily, did Kord bring down the PRY-MOOORRRDE-ALLLLLLLLL MAN-E-FES-TAY-SHUN OF DA SWORD! AND THOSE GOOD MINOTAUR FOLK OF LABYRINTH THEY DID CALL FOR THE GUARD TO G-A-T-H-E-R AROUND THE SECOND FLOOR BALCONY, UP THERE?" He seems confused but instinctively flexes the arm holding the speech as he points up at fake-Chadwick and Morgiana with his other hand. He continues speaking. "RAISE HAND AND POINT, I SAY POINT" *FLEX POINTING HAND* "AT THE BALCONY?"

It would seem Ragjen's ploy has succeeded. A mixed group of armor-clad Erathites and muscle-heavy Kordites join the second floor...

Dr. Quint: "I don't care what that idiot bull said! Willard! Go! NOW!"

G
W
 O
  R
    R
      R

R
   R

R
 R
R

R
   R
    R
     R

R
       R
       R

R
   R
  R

!
 !
!

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2012, 05:01:16 PM »

Willard is dropped by the Warpwood Wasp and he lets out the beginning of a wild, whooping cackle of glee as he drops like a boulder, the Wasp having ascended to the very top of Labyrinth's atmosphere and gravity. His alignment has been set perfectly with the coordination provided by the Spider-Fae Hivemind... and he turns translucent as he approaches solid rock. Hitting the rock he instead flies directly through it and counts to three, as Dr. Quint instructed him. With a bit of focus, he wills his wide-set feet to become solid as he shifts into view in the ceiling of the ball-room, dropping directly on top of Not-Chadwick and Morgiana! Fortunately... his ethereal body clips through them, making them appear spooky and translucent inside his wobbling ghostly mass.

Not that anyone can see that! Willard's impact craters the ground beneath him and sends great cracks through the floor, causing stone dust to billow up! It obscures everything briefly... until you hear the laughing.

"GWOR HOR HOR HOR HOR HOR!" After introducing himself, the lumbering Tree-Trunk Treant behemoth reaches down into his own hanging roots and seizes Not-Chadwick and Morgiana, raising and plopping them directly into his hollowed out innards as his body shifts back to solid! Dark black-green-brown bark, hanging roots curled up into a whimsical tree beard, the front of his massive form carved into an almost cartoonish skull with dark black spots for eyes and a functioning, crude mouth, Willard O. Wisp has squat limps and is super wide and heavy. A huge, garish dark-black iron lantern hangs from one of his beard-roots, a spooky blue flame burning in it. He shakes the lantern and matching flames ignite in his eye sockets!

Skies of Arcadia OST-Nervous Crisis 2

"GWOR HOR HOR HOR HOR HOR! I'VE GOT YOUR LITTLE HEIR..." Willard steps forward and thrusts a limb forward, bellowing at all of the shocked attendents of the Ball. "AND DR. QUINT WANTS TO SEE GERTRUDE SYDNEY! OR ELSE! GWOR HOR HOR HOR!" Willard slaps his side and waggles his behind a bit, causing Not-Chadwick and Morgiana to be tossed around inside him.

The Guards brandish their weapons but merely stand ready, as this seems to be a hostage situation... most of the guests and staff get the hell out of the immediate area!

Morgiana: The inside of Willard is a 15 foot climb straight up to escape. It's DC 25 Athletics... the top of Willard is wide open. He really is just an empty tree-trunk.

Attica and Azura: Attica you can enter from any wall on Floor 1 or Floor 2. Azura, you can enter from any wall on Floor 2 and Floor 3.

Everybody: Initiatives upcoming. Minor actions and Skill Checks possible.

First Floor

|_________________________|
|.........................|
|......................TB.|
|=.......................=|
|.[.].................[.].|
|..[.].......S.......[.]..|
|...[.].............[.]...|
|....[.]...........[.]....|

T - Tikka
B - Benedetto
S - Sincent

|_ Walls
. Floor
= Edge of Balcony above
[ ] Stairs(Outlined by Handrails, Provide Cover from all direction, DC 15 Athletics to Climb/Jump at full speed, Northern-most set is 5 feet above ground and rises by 5 feet every square further... Southern-most would be 20 feet above ground.)

Second Floor
|.[v]........WWWW.....[v].|
|.[.]........WWWW.....[.].|
|......g................g.|
|#....g...............g..#|
|#.....g.............g...#|
|#M...N....ALn..........m#|
|#.......................#|

W - Willard (Morgiana and Succubus inside)
g - Guards
N - Ragjen
A - Wanda
L - Latir
n - Nossian
M - Maximillian
m - Mummytaur

[v] Stairs leading down to First Floor(hit the v and map-change)
# Tables stocked with food

Third Floor

|_........[.....]........_|
|.]........_____........[.|
<.].....................[.>
|.]........*****........[.|
|_.........*****........._|
|.]........*****........[V|
<.].....................[K>
|.].....................[.|

K - Karvan
V - Veihj

> < Doors (exit box seat, Dungeoneering Check to arrive at 2nd Floor. Result 1-19 = 2 Turns Result 20+ = 1 Turn)
] Box Seat Edges, can be leaped from as part of move action. 60 feet above First Floor, 40 feet above 2nd Floor.
* chandelier

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2012, 06:02:47 PM »

Latir bows quickly. "If you will excuse me for a moment, Senator, my main purpose for coming to the ball tonight has just arrived."

Latir -- wherever he is on the map -- pulls his helmet and shield out of his bag, plunks one on his head and straps the other to his arm, then draws his warhammer.

"We shall talk later, yes? You should get to safety now."

Mrs. Awesome

• nee Spectacular
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2012, 09:04:57 PM »

Azura swats at the thing nibbling her ear, killing it, and wipes the tiny carcass on a rock nearby. She picks up her bow and restrings the arrow, whipping around and scanning the hallway beyond her immediate reach.

"Get down and be quiet, NOW Thatcher," she hisses at Chadwick, who should interpret this as a good time to find something larger than himself to get behind. Azura's scan of the hallway (a Perception check yielding a 31) does not show anything immediately threatening in their vicinity. Still, she's reluctant to leave the minotaur completely unguarded, and plants her feet and raises her bow in readiness.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2012, 02:45:39 PM »

No sooner has the singing come to a close than has Tikka decided that she'd quite like to give Benedetto a piece of her mind for the interruption, as she would have been happy to bow out gracefully had she known that he was intended for the stage, and then perhaps afterwards pay him a compliment on his ability to quickly improvise.  Well, no one said she couldn't be of two minds about someone!  Nonetheless, any frustration about being publicly called out as a vagrant Gateway traveler without a home to call her own or admiration over someone who is quick with their words is put aside first by Kord's booming introduction and Willard's untimely arrival.  This .. this was NOT the encore that Tikka had been intending!  So instead, keeping her strings at the ready and mentally recalling the notes that Rosco's scrawlings had given her, she looks sidelong to her sudden partner in song.

"That commotion sounds like a party crasher! Shall we serenade the second floor?" she asks of him, taking up her skirts in hand to prepare to move for the stairs.  No one interrupts Tikka's very own formal occasion!  .. that she claimed for her very own!  Just now!
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2012, 03:30:48 PM »

Quote from: Original Initiative Rolls
Nossian - 35
Azura – 31
Maximilian - 29
Morgiana – 26
Wanda - 26
Karvan – 25
Benedetto – 23
Veihj -22
Syss - 20
Willard – 19
Latir – 17
Attica - 16
Mummytaur – 12
Ragjen – 12
Tikka – 11
Other - 11

Benedetto adjusts his collar and holds up his Voice-Booming Stone, intending to use his ring-a-ding-ding voice as his Bardic Focus. "I'm with you, toots. May I have this dance?" He offers Tikka a chance to join him in a Dancer's Pose... and to improve her Initiative Score to his own 23!

(Assuming nobody cares, I think it best to streamline the combat by adjusting Initiative to the following blocks...)

Nossian - 35
Azura – 31
Maximilian - 29
Morgiana – 26
Wanda - 26
Karvan – 25
Tikka - 23

Benedetto – 23
Veihj -22
Syss - 20
Willard – 19
Mummytaur – 12
Other/Guards - 11

Latir – 17
Attica - 16
Ragjen – 12

In other words, Azura, Karvan, Maximilian, Morgiana and Tikka are up until 10 PM Eastern, Tuesday Night! NPCs and Villains will go then! After that, the entire PC line-up should be able to go together! But for now... those five are up!

Nossian looks from side to side, baffled! "Latir, this is a hostage situation! Those poor children could be killed by this... thing!"

Willard: "HEY"

Willard gets over his indignation and guffaws as he uses his own Minor Action to produce... a small mint-green chip? He tosses it into his cavernous maw and instead of letting it fall back to where he's holding his hostages, he chomps down on it, releasing a burst of minty green sparks! A bright green force field identical to the one Dr. Quint used to save his bacon during the Tram Battle appears around Willard, who begins to dance around mockingly, spinning in place and cackling.

Kingdom Hearts II - Rowdy Rumble

Reaching to his side instinctively, Nossian has to stop himself from withdrawing something. He looks from Latir to the Guards and to Willard, then back again. The indecision and frustration on his face are written cleanly. Nossian is holding his action.

Wanda strips away the top piece of her outfit, revealing her shoulders and collar-bone("Scandalous!", a retreating Minotaur remarks.) With zip-line quickness and a small hum her chain-mail links ratchet out and circle around her before electrifying themselves with the new Torso upgrades. She brandishes her mace and raises it, unleashing an arcing bolt of lightning from her own form to the mace and then upon Willard, where it dissipates harmlessly despite a clear connection! Willard's force field shimmers and he guffaws, spanking the edge of his own rump he can barely reach. Latir gains 6 Temporary HP.

Azura: As you swat the Spider-Fae to death, you notice that the room behind you with all the crates seems a bit different, as though something were moved.(Passive Perception.) You can also join the current brou-ha-ha below by entering from any Wall on Floor 2 or Floor 3.

Please add at least your current HP/Max HP to your line on the map. And track it, of course, along with your buffs/debuffs.

First Floor

|....[^]...........[^]....|

T - Tikka
B - Benedetto
S - Sincent

|_ Walls
. Floor
= Edge of Balcony above
[ ] Stairs(Outlined by Handrails, Provide Cover from all direction,
DC 15 Athletics to Climb/Jump at full speed,
Northern-most set is 5 feet above ground and rises by 5 feet every square further... Southern-most would be 20 feet above ground.)

^ Stairs leading up. Hit the ^ and map-change.

Second Floor
|#M...N....ALn..........m#|

W - Willard (Morgiana and Succubus inside)  Force Field HP 600/600  AC/F/R/W  20/40/18/20
g - Guards
N - Ragjen
A - Wanda
L - Latir   6/6 Temp HP
n - Nossian
M - Maximillian
m - Mummytaur

Third Floor

<.].....................[K>

K - Karvan
V - Veihj

> < Doors (exit box seat, Dungeoneering Check to arrive at 2nd Floor. Result 1-19 = 2 Turns Result 20+ = 1 Turn)
] Box Seat Edges, can be leaped from as part of move action. 60 feet above First Floor, 40 feet above 2nd Floor.
* chandelier

Malikial

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2012, 08:35:51 PM »

Karvan lets out a booming roar, so loud the chandelier begins to shake and chime and then vaults, without any care for his own safety, over the railing and onto the second floor. He descends fast and lands hard on one knee, his bladed shield biting hard into the ground and his massive flail making a booming noise as it slams down. He takes he fall hard, taking 26 falling damage, he doesn't seem to mind the pain. He points at the tree-thing and roars, without standing "Release them, you damn tree or I will tear you LIMB FROM LIMB." His pun, while groan worthy, is spoken in deadly seriousness, he gives Willard a glare, his cold blue eyes hard while his breath comes out of his mouth in a frosty mist.

Karvan jumping a bit
1d20 +13 >= 0
7 + 13 = 20 ... success

Karvan intimidate, willard.
1d20 +14 >= 25
6 + 14 = 20 ... failure

First Floor

T - Tikka
B - Benedetto
S - Sincent

|_ Walls
. Floor
= Edge of Balcony above
Northern-most set is 5 feet above ground and rises by 5 feet every square further... Southern-most would be 20 feet above ground.)

Second Floor
|#M...N....ALn......K...m#|

W - Willard (Morgiana and Succubus inside)  Force Field HP 600/600  AC/F/R/W  20/40/18/20
g - Guards
N - Ragjen
A - Wanda
K - Karvan 73/99 HP PRONE!
L - Latir   6/6 Temp HP
n - Nossian
M - Maximillian
m - Mummytaur

Third Floor

V - Veihj

* chandelier

Mrs. Awesome

• nee Spectacular
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2012, 09:48:40 PM »

With an unfaltering hand, Azura strides over to the room behind, and kicks a crate with the flat of her foot. With a decent score of 28 on an Athletics check to send the box a-topplin', she scans the room quickly with the tip of her arrow, and hisses out loud "Show yourselves..."

She'll move in to the main event when she's reasonably certain she's not leaving Chadwick completely unguarded at the mercy of bad doods. And then it'll be on, biznitches...

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2012, 10:30:24 PM »

Maxi pretends to be caught off guard and doesn't take any action immediately. (I'm holding my action because doom tried to get in touch with me while I was at work today. I will be at work tomorrow from 4 PM to midnight again, so you might want to contact me via PM)

First Floor

T - Tikka
B - Benedetto
S - Sincent

|_ Walls
. Floor
= Edge of Balcony above

Second Floor

g - Guards
N - Ragjen
A - Wanda
L - Latir   6/6 Temp HP
n - Nossian
M - Maximillian 86/86 AC/F/R/W 26/21/25/21
m - Mummytaur

Third Floor

V - Veihj

* chandelier

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2012, 03:07:22 AM »

((Note: There are two Karvan's on the maaaap! Also, Karvan is Prone just RPing it as being kneeling due to MASSIVE JUMPING ACTION MOVIE LANDING.))

Fixed every post including PC posts: The N is for Ragjen.

Azura: You barely manage to kick the crate over! It's very dense, very heavy... and as it topples over and spills, very filled with explosives! Your vision dims for a split second as something pops up from behind, between you and the lantern providing the only light in the room! With honed reflexes you instinctively duck as the gawdy pin-striped outfit from before seems to have come to life and attempted to grab you with it's sleeves! The Raggamoffyn is an animated set of clothing, standing and moving and filled out as though cast around an invisible person. You still have a Standard Action left.

Raggamoffyn: HP 15/15  AC/F/R/W 25/20/25/23

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2012, 03:23:53 AM »

On one hand, oh crap, crates of explosives. On the other hand, explosives + our best ranged-attack specialist + Willard.

Something to keep in mind once Morgiana's escaped, I suppose.

"Cry havoc, Senator", Latir says as low as possible. " He fell for our bluff; we heard about this plot last night and prepared a body double for Chadwick Sydney. Chadwick is" as far as Latir knows "not at the Ball tonight at all, removed from harm's way."

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2012, 03:25:11 AM »

Karvan: Nossian grumbles and expends his held action to give you some words of encouragement. "You buffoon! Save that sort of initiative for after your commanding officer calls for you to leap into action!" ... Being a Warlord, this chastisement restores you to Full HP.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2012, 06:24:15 AM »

Tikka makes her move to rush for the stairs when she notices Sincent standing in the middle of the room!  Unmoving!  Neither running for the exits nor leaping for the stairs to be helpful to the commotion!  Ominously located in a suspiciously central location of some presumed import!  Granted, this is curious, but three heads are surely more helpful than two.  "The party's adjourning to the second floor," she informs him hastily, for there's no better way to find where someone stands than speaking with them.  Or singing with them!  Benedetto has quickly earned her trust, after all!

First Floor

|.......................B.|
|.[.].............T...[.].|

T - Tikka
B - Benedetto
S - Sincent

|_ Walls
. Floor
= Edge of Balcony above

Second Floor

g - Guards
N - Ragjen
A - Wanda
L - Latir   6/6 Temp HP
n - Nossian
m - Mummytaur

Third Floor

V - Veihj

* chandelier

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2012, 10:35:18 AM »

There surely isn't a quicker way, for Byss Sincent replies as naturally as he can. "Why... I came for the party, but I stayed for the mayhem." He remarks coolly, sinisterly as he withdraws a set of small throwing axes, three of the custom-made bladed beauts held in one palm.

Sincent - HP 77/77  AC/F/R/W  27/25/30/24

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2012, 11:15:27 AM »

Clearly, either Sincent was native to Labyrinth or Tikka's nose wasn't quite up to your average humanoid's standards.  She hadn't been able to detect any trace of an axe scent!  Nonetheless, she wasn't sure she had time to deal with him right now with all the commotion going on .. but nor could she just run away and leave him here!  "Well, I daresay you've overstayed your welcome!" She whirled to face him in a flurry of skirts, whisking a thunderous, Rosco Symphony Orchestra [Staggering Note] from her violin.

Staggering Note vs Sincent Will
1d20 + 18 Attack, 7 + 1d6 Thunder Damage, Push 3

(9+18=) 27 Attack, (7+6=) 13 Thunder Damage, Push 3

First Floor

|.......................B.|
|.[.].............T...[.].|

T - Tikka
B - Benedetto
S - Sincent

|_ Walls
. Floor
= Edge of Balcony above

Second Floor

g - Guards
N - Ragjen
A - Wanda
K - Karvan 99/99 HP PRONE!
L - Latir   6/6 Temp HP
n - Nossian
m - Mummytaur

Third Floor

V - Veihj

* chandelier

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2012, 01:28:59 PM »

Maxi pretends to be caught off guard and doesn't take any action immediately. (I'm holding my action because doom tried to get in touch with me while I was at work today. I will be at work tomorrow from 4 PM to midnight again, so you might want to contact me via PM)

Maxi fumbles with the plate of food he has, drops it and acts as if he's running away, in the direction of the stair case. He moves up along the food table and instead of going up the stairs he hides behind the staircase.

Sneak's Trick

stealth
1d20 +18
18 + 18 = 36

First Floor

T - Tikka
B - Benedetto
S - Sincent

|_ Walls
. Floor
= Edge of Balcony above

Second Floor
|M[.]........WWWW.....[.].|
|#....N....ALn......K...m#|

g - Guards
N - Ragjen
A - Wanda
L - Latir   6/6 Temp HP
n - Nossian
m - Mummytaur

Third Floor

V - Veihj

* chandelier

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2012, 06:01:51 PM »

Morgiana and the succubus tumble around inside Willard, shaken by his booming laughter.

"Well that was unexpected," she says, grimacing. "Can you still fly?" Veronikith/Chadwick nods.

"Good," Morgiana wraps her arms around her succubus's neck. "We must get up and out, so pantomime climbing, and make it look good! As far as everyone knows, you're still Chadwick and I'm still your rustic cousin." The succubus starts 'climbing' out, crawling vertically up Willard's trunk (and out his back, if we can make it... the succubus has Fly 6).

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2012, 03:53:37 AM »

With a natural movement option like Flight you can easily crest the treacherous innards of Willard, popping up atop him and hanging off the edge of his wide trunk. You can move from any of his W tiles on the map... or remain on the perch. The rest of your Turn is forfeit as the Villains and other NPCs go.

"HEY! THESE ARE HOSTAGES! RRRR... I'LL CRUSH YOU IF YOU WON'T PLAY ALONG!" Willard bellows again and begins to spin more rapidly in place, pumping his arms and hopping from one foot to the other! He activates a Minor to become Really Tuff!, gaining Damage Resistance and Channeling Resistance! He then hops, skips and jumps forward in a single Move to get closer to everybody and begins channeling his Quake Dance!

I've decided to experiment with a unique type of action. A Channeled spell has an initial effect rolled with an attack to hit, like any power, but if it hits, the attacker can sustain it and produce a bonus effect after every individual unit's turn, with a maximum limit until it resets on his next turn. For example, an initial attack might be 2d8, but +1d8 for each person that acts next, with a cap of 4 people for a possible +4d8 if the Channel is not interrupted.

To break a Channel, damage the Channeler. In this case with Willard, damage him twice.

Willard's rising tempo and increasing speed begin to crater the ground beneath him and unleash a torrent of wild concussive energy! It rattles bones and shakes skulls, making your teeth ache! This deals 20 Psionic Damage to Latir, Ragjen and the Three Guards and a reduced 10 Damage to Wanda and Nossian! The Range of Quake Dance is Close Burst 2, or any tile within 2 tiles of any one of Willard's Ws.

Byss hops back with a yelp as Tikka unleashes a bit of explosive candor upon his introduction! "Yow! That cuts deep, miss!" He brandishes his axes and throws two at Tikka in a set of Attacks on the Run, moving to the West! He Moves again and catches the axes as they rebound to him, the attacks going wide and merely clipping Tikka's skirts along the front, the blades barely clashing against Shard-skin for a reduced 7 Damage! Byss ducks under the stairs and then behind them, adopting Total Cover.

This doesn't save him as Bendetto yells out: "Now that ain't no way to treat a lady, you two-copper bum!" and blasts him with a bit of Cunning Ferocity, making the man wince as his barb cuts into him... literally. The attack misses but Byss pops his head up over the cover and yells back: "You're robbing the cradle, old man! Or maybe it's the forge in this case! Haw!" Bendetto fumes and Leads the Waltz with a Utility move up the stairs, bringing Tikka with him! This also grants the two of them Total Cover from Byss's axes.

Fearlessly, the Guards rush Willard and attempt to break through his shield! Despite several dramatic uppercuts and broad halberd slashes, all they earn is exposure to the Quake Dance as Willard continues to Channel it and some spark-showers from the deflections of the Force Field.

"GWOORRRRR HOR HOR HOR HOR HOR!" *STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMPITY STOMP!* Willard unleashes an additional total 20 Psionic Damage to Latir, Wanda, Nossian, Ragjen and all of the Guards as he continues to Channel past the actions of others. His dancing produces swirling torrents of ethereal figures around his feet, the little cyclone of ghosts beginning to rise around him.

With a dramatic flourish the Mummytaur reaches for his wrappings and rips them off, swiftly casting off... his clothes as well, trousers and vest all! They fly off to the side... then catch themselves in mid-air and realign, as though still worn! The Mummytaur himself is not a Minotaur in Wrappings... but rather a tall, incredibly handsome Human-looking man, wearing only a pair of silk white trousers and bracers radiating a majestic set of shimmering violet runes that encircle him as well as any plate-mail! His well-muscled chest and tight abs gleam as though oiled! He radiates a pleasant aura of warmth and natural beauty and when he speaks, his voice is silky smooth and perfectly interesting. "Ahhh, Ansom iz 'ere tu clean up ze mezz hyu ar' makin', Weel'ard." He hops onto the buffet table and gestures, unleashing a volley of Magic Missiles upon Latir. "Ze 'ero, he iz ze mozt likely tu cauze uz trouble, non?" Bearing Willard's Enchanted Lantern and generally being Dwarven and Armored, Latir is able to absorb the volley entirely.

The animated set of Wrappings and fine Minotaur-sized Military Outfit cries out from an invisible mouth in anger. "Ansom, you moron! You miss! This is how you do it!" He thrusts both arms out and tendrils of mummy-wrappings snake out, seizing Rajgen from behind about the throat, head and shoulders! "You kill his moral support! Let's see what he can do standing alone! Ba ha ha!" Ragjen is immediately Slowed to a Move Speed of 2 and dealt 14 Damage as he's choked! Ragjen is Bloodied!

Up above, Veihj sweats as he watches Karvan leap to broken legs without a moment of hesitation or fear! He slowly unsheathes his new sword and stares at the heights below, having to stand tip-toe to even get his head over the edge of the sky-box. He feels a very natural urge to... run away. Hide. Set a trap and hope it works or the bad guys go away.

He frowns and immediately steels himself! Using his utility Noble Action, Veihj grants himself a +5 to his next Athletics check... and with a running start and a result of 30, he's able to reach the bare edge of the long chandelier, falling at the end of his jump but scrambling to grab onto the fancy hanging glass shards! He uses another Athletics check to climb but fails by 4 or less, scrambling to remain in place.

First Floor

|S[.].................[T].|
|..[.].................|

T - Tikka   88/95 HP  Total Cover (+5 to All Defenses)
B - Benedetto  92/92 HP   Total Cover (+5 to All Defenses)
S - Sincent HP 64/77  AC/F/R/W  27/25/30/24   Total Cover (+5 to All Defenses)

|_ Walls
. Floor
= Edge of Balcony above

Second Floor
|.[v].................[v].|
|M[.].................[.].|
|......g....g.............|
|#.....gWWWWg............#|
|#.....gWWWWg............#|
|#....N....ALn......K....h|
|#...m...................#|

W - Willard (Morgiana and Succubus inside)  Force Field HP 600/600  AC/F/R/W  20/40/18/20  Really Tuff! 2/2  *Channeling Quake Dance* Damage Resist(All) 10
g - Guards  10/50  10/50   10/50   30/50   30/50   30/50
N - Ragjen   35/89 HP  Bloodied, Slowed(Move Speed = 2)
A - Wanda   58/88 HP
L - Latir   77/111 HP
n - Nossian  171/201 HP
m - Mummy Wraps   99/99 HP   AC/F/R/W 27/24/21/25
h - Ansom  67/67 HP   AC/F/R/W  27/21/24/25

Third Floor

|.]........*****V.......[.|

V - Veihj

* chandelier

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2012, 03:54:25 AM »

All PCs are up until 9 PM Thursday Night! Wanda and Nossian will go by 9 PM Eastern Wednesday Night! Villains and other NPCs will go then!

Azura: You have a turn before the Raggamoffyn attacks you again. It's a Dungeoneering Check to move from the Tunnels you're currently in to the 2nd or 3rd Floor.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2012, 04:56:43 AM »

How does Willard's one action hit twice?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13