Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Spontaneous Fae Events (Week 3 Finale)  (Read 8889 times)

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
Re: Spontaneous Fae Events (Week 3 Finale)
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2012, 04:47:56 PM »

Maxi chased the red crown along with the rest of the party and takes in the scene with a growing sense of shock and confusion. As the force field is activated he wonders aloud at the possibility of their group being able to successfully penetrate it. Just as he is finishing that thought Muscles appears and is dealt with by the red crown. Maxie's confusion turns to anger and he says, "you're nothing but a bully and I will gladly see you dead." his voice loud, clear and more than a little on the growling side.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2012, 04:48:42 PM »

It never quite made sense why her original creator would add tiny storage ducts behind her temple panels and connect them to her eyes for discharging featureless water in droplet form until now, Wanda thought, a pair of symmetrical bits of water trailing down her cheeks.

Red Crown leers through the forcefield, still chuckling. "Ohh, did you like that one? HA HO!" ... The forcefield flickers. The capsule begins to hum louder and louder, then rock from side to side. The stream of energy begins to fly out of the machine a bit too fast, causing Red Crown to panic momentarily. Then the tendrils of emerald green energy whip around... to Muscles' body! A voice booms out over the area, broadcast by some sort of machine that amplifies voices or something.

Dr. Quint: "Crown! The artifact is fluctuating! It's out of control! WHAT ARE YOU DOING DOWN THERE?!"

Ignoring the reprimand, the mostly healed Red Crown glares at the capsule with a bewildered "Hee Ho?" as the adjacent generator hums to life and bristles with emerald green energy, casting it off in arcing bolts to the original! The entire unit of six capsules lights up and a set of wires from the top of each ignites with wild sparking green energy, rushing along the connected bundle of wires as a single thick strand to the chambers above! With a calamitous roar of thunder and lightning an immense earth-shaking bolt of teal green energy rockets down the wires and surges into the generators, bathing the entire area in a vivid green glow! Crash! Bang! Boom! ROOOOOOOAR-SCREEEEECH! The capsules explode and the light begins to fade... a single black figure rises amongst the light, standing as tall as Red Crown. A few after-bolts of discharge ricochet down the bundle of wires as it comes loose and swings back and forth, discharging a few bolts at random where they disperse with smaller thunderous booms.

Red Crown: "... Hrmm? Hor ho?" He glares at the figure and holds his palms up, beckoning his lost scythe to appear suddenly in his hands. "What's this?"

With the final echoing boom of thunder the green haze fades away and an adult owlbear drops to all fours, steadily stalking towards Red Crown. A hulking, heavily muscled bear with a dignified squat owl's head and big, wide white eyes, his light gray fur topped with vibrant silver-white feathers, colored like a freshly minted coin. His thick limbs end in wide paws with little claws, the pads echoing along the floor as he advances on the menacing fey a few heads taller than he is.

"Ha He! Ha Ho! Bwa Har! Is this a threat?!" He raises his scythe before him mockingly, but in a stance ready to slash.

The owlbear lets out a low, gutterly growl, a territorial warning. "As if anything will change because you're fatter!" Stopping before Red Crown, the owlbear rises back, bringing it's front legs off the ground as it takes a steady step forward with one of the rear, moving with a bit of an ungainly waddle, but stomping down with intense force that immediately rights it's balance and distributes it's weight evenly. Red Crown begins to draw his scythe up to block and for a quick counter as the owlbear brings both front claws in with great upward swings to maul.

BOOOOOM! A wave of emerald green energy floods in a split-second behind the owlbear's motions, appearing to reinforce the impact as his paws connect with the scythe blade on the left and the bent wood on the right, the room shaking as both instantly crack and shatter, unable to deter the owlbear's fierce attack! The claws slam into Red Crown's chest directly, producing a small explosion of green power! The owlbear growls under it's breath, it's neck feathers and fur fraying wildly as the growl rises and rises until it opens it's beak in a triumphant screech! Time stands still for a moment as the full force of claw and muscle-bound arm play out across Red Crown's chest, his teeth gritting... before he loses his defensive focus entirely in a wave of overwhelming pain! He screams out in the esoteric fey tongue, the only intelligible line being an old sailor's curse: "HOOOBAEEEBAAAAAA!", or the rough fey equivalent of Holy Fucking Shit!

The explosion of energy loses all form and rockets out as a shockwave that cleaves a line halfway into the floor between the owlbear and Red Crown as time speeds up again and the full discharge of force sends Red Crown flying some hundred feet, flying through one of the unused capsule generators(and punching two holes clean through it for each side) before crashing into the forcefield generator, demolishing it cleanly in another thunderous explosion of green energy. The forcefield sphere shimmers once before disappearing and the way is cleared, a small walkway appearing to bridge the gap Red Crown leaped.

The owlbear looks to Red Crown for a moment, his mended wounds having opened again, his scalp once again bare and scalped... Red Crown is impaled upon the metallic debris of the forcefield controls and twitching as wires connected to it discharge plain old regular non-green electricity into him, the great Red Cap King now great at being dead. The owlbear... turns, and regards you all sternly, a proud and majestic creature, 8 feet tall when standing like this and looking strong enough to count as four Karvans rolled into one.

It rushes you all and throws it's huge arms out... and Muscle hugs everyone, hooting merrily. It seems he's big enough to hold more than one person at a time now! The center of the platform ahead seems to be separated from the rest of the floor that holds up the capsules... it looks like a very large mining lift that the rest of the architecture was built around. It has labeled levers and offers a path upwards.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2012, 04:52:16 PM »

Fuck that shit, we're spending the next several minutes hugging Muscles and telling him good job.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2012, 05:39:42 PM »

Maxi cheers as Muscles beats the evil red crown and as he rush everyone to give them a hug maxi expertly dodges the hug but instead climbs up Muscles' back to sit on his shoulders and says, "I gather this big guy is a friend?"

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2012, 05:40:07 PM »

Everyone's powers reset and everyone can rest to full as the day rolls over to the next one on account of all the hugging that is done.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Malikial

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2012, 05:56:44 PM »

Karvan pats the Owlbear gruffly and gives him a snuggle.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2012, 06:14:59 PM »

Morgiana hugs Muscles with all her might! "Good boy, Muscles," she coos. "When we get home, I'm going to order you a whole dire boar, roasted just the way you like it."

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2012, 01:15:48 PM »

Once we all adequately smell of owlbear musk, Latir looks grimly at the elevator platform. "We still have some unfinished business here. Muscles, it will be dangerous up ahead. There will doubtless be fighting. But there is fighting outside, too. Be brave and come with us, okay?"

Mrs. Awesome

• nee Spectacular
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2012, 09:02:48 AM »

Azura rubs the part of Muscles' belly that she can reach when she stands on her tippy toes. "You'll be a big help, Muscles! And you're the greatest owlbear I've met! Help us out Muscles, okay?"

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2012, 12:14:44 PM »

Muscles nods(bravely) with a "Hoot" to Latir! Everybody boards the mining platform and a lever is pulled, beginning a steady ascent. As you rise through the empty space and the hanging power capsules, you hear Dr. Quint's voice bark out over the loudspeaker.

"What's going on down there? Red Crown! How goes the war?!"

The elevator rises into a shaft ringed by mountain and stone, but you can still hear the loud-speaker boom down from above.

"That discharge was too reckless! CROWN!?"

After a steady few minutes(allowing all Encounter Powers to reset and letting you heal via self-spent Surges), you rise into a flat, circular area, the floor paved in the techno-organic mix of cold iron and petrified metallic bark. A large wooden desk is overturned in the corner and an Elven man with a pot-belly stands atop a floating cold-iron platform propelled by steady jet streams of emerald green energy. The platform is very bare... he's basically standing on a floating disc with a single podium-style base risen in front of him, bolts of green lightning arcing up and down it from an item held in a sphere of arcane energy at the top. Looks like an exquisitely crafted emerald green butterfly made out of jewels.

Dr. Quint looks up from his work at the base of the podium, spit-takes and rises, ranting from behind the Gemerald Butterfly's podium. "FOOLS-ERRANT!? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?" He jabs at several buttons next to the Butterfly and the platform discharges pairs of fist-sized floating metal bits that begin to orbit around Dr Quint and the platform in steady intervals, occasionally bridging green lightning between themselves, the platform and the Butterfly.

"If you've come this far... all of my henchmen are dead, aren't they?" Dr. Quint fumes. He's an older Elven man but he seems to have not aged as gracefully as the myths around the race suggest. He's clearly middle-aged with strong wrinkles about the brow and eyes, flabby little jowls and a sun-burnt nose. He is wearing a set of faded brown-green Warden-style robes, clothing that is casual indoors and out but practical for navigating many types of terrain and for heavy travel. His feet and hands are clad in cold-iron/techno-organic mixed material boots and fingerless gloves and he's holding a multi-purpose five-headed wrench. His frown is enough to cross the span of his face, from one outrageously large blonde-red sideburn to the next, the ends of the hair curling up and off the cheeks by at least an inch.

"I've heard it all. You have more of them? Of the Artifacts?" His platform rises several more feet into the air, causing him to loom over you and look down his nose while speaking. "Then you know their value. Even... even if you killed my best friend, maybe I could forgive you if you did the proper thing." He thrusts his empty hand forward as a fist, raised defiantly to the sky! "One Artifact is enough to stand against anyone in the Reaches. But more? More is enough to finally take it over! To cease these useless feuds and begin to fix everything wrong with this aberrant Terraforming nightmare!" The Platform swirls around in a violent curve as Dr Quint jets forward a bit, leering further and further down, the whole thing practically angled at 45 degrees.

No Surprise Round and therefore no Actions are currently possible, I'll roll Initiative if a general call to combat is made. Skill Checks and Utility Powers relevant to such are allowed.

Muscle hoots sharply and puffs his neck-feathers out to do his best frown up at Dr. Quint.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2012, 12:41:22 PM »

"What in the name of Carceri is he talking about?" Morgiana asks Latir.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2012, 03:17:26 PM »

"No idea."

Latir rubs the bridge of his nose. It's been a long day.

"Dr. Quint, it is not normally my policy to offer second chances. But you are cornered. In a straight artifact-to-artifact fight, we outnumber you. In a fair fight, we will kill you. If you flee, you will be caught, Quint -- caught and locked up. At best. I am offering you terms of surrender, to abandon your mad quest and come with us quietly. Please accept them."

Latir attempts diplomacy
1d20 +24
6 + 24 = 30

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2012, 04:36:34 PM »

"Yes," Morgiana nods, joining in. "I must say I admire your handiwork, sir. As a fellow scholar of the arcane arts, I would be saddened to see these devices impounded or destroyed. We offer you the opportunity to do the honorable thing, Doctor. Surely you can think of a noble application for your work here. These crystals could be used for planar focii, or to generate defensive fields, or even a safer mode of transit!"

Morgiana Arcana
1d20 +20
2 + 20 = 22
(eeeegh)

"Please consider the alternatives, Dr. Quint."

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2012, 11:36:21 AM »

1 Success

Dr. Quint winces, as though expecting these words to be volleys of spells, arrows and swords, but instead feels the pain all the same of... pity? Compassion? He frowns as his platform angles back, straightening up. "You butchered Ottimus, Clarice and probably all the rest! Do you think me daft, that you came all this way to take me alive?!"

The paired off bits of metal zooming around him and the platform begin to draw the outline of a statuesque Humanoid in translucent green light. "There... there's no redemption for me!"

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2012, 12:29:28 PM »

"Aw, give it a rest, will you?" called Bertram. "It's not over for you, not by a right long shot. Have you any idea what happens after you lose something you can't afford to? More bloody living, that's what happens. And you're going to use that life to tell us everything you know. I really would relish the chance to do this by force, after you attacked my city, sent your men to my temple, and threatened my family - but maybe you'd rather skip that part?"

(Intimidate: 1d20+13 = 31)
...but is it art?

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2012, 01:25:14 PM »

"Ottimus made .. many mistakes.  I know it's because of him that I forget things.  Have forgotten things.  I don't generally forget things," Tikka reasons aloud, something akin to befuddlement etching across her features, her head cocking forty five degrees precisely.  "Whatever these individuals did to him, they did it in order to save me, and I owe them my gratitude.  Maybe they can save you, too.  I think you'd have to allow them to do so."

Granted, Tikka actually has little idea of what lead them to those sewers at that particular time.  She has picked up reasonings and snatches here and there.  But having some small personal stake in the proceedings and genuinely being thankful for the people who surround her from waking her up from the potentially endless blackness, she feels no remorse in telling a small fib of compassion towards Dr. Quint, even if only to give him pause.

Bluff
1d20+19
(12+19=)31
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2012, 01:36:34 PM »

"Clarice is alive, Dr. Quint, as are Gran and Kiplyn. The reputation Fools-Errant has of heartlessly butchering any who stand in its path is not entirely undeserved and in no small part due to the propaganda of Ilex Holsten herself -- but it is not one I personally agree with or adhere to."

Diplomacy again
1d20 +24
2 + 24 = 26

cocksucking motherfucking

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2012, 03:00:05 PM »

2 Successes

Wincing again, Dr. Quint practically ducks behind his Artifact podium when Bertram tears into him. He gradually stands back up as Tikka's sweet tones chime in, frowning at last at Latir. "I'll... only go with you on one condition." His eyes dart back and forth over you all, he sweats a bit. "You... you swear to me, legally, that you'll discharge me to the Wardens in Gateway. To Barinsath himself! Swear it!"

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2012, 09:03:57 PM »

"We can do that?" Morgiana asks Latir.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2012, 09:55:50 PM »

(We must remember to see if he thinks this Barinsath is corrupt, or just someone powerful enough to protect him from the enemies he'll make by surviving.)
...but is it art?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7