Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Final Countdown (Week 4)  (Read 8848 times)

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Final Countdown (Week 4)
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 06:46:11 PM »

We seem to have shed a DM.

Again.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2012, 01:05:15 AM »

Eh, its not entirely his fault. I personally got really caught up in wow for a bit. Sorry.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2012, 06:45:34 AM »

(Oh, I just decided to take a break. I was feeling creatively drained and in a foul mood all week and whenever you guys slack, it encourages me to slack more often than I already do.)

Timeline: Hours 1-12 of 36 Hours of Dark

Tikka: Streetwise Check.

Ragjen: Aside from the very real possibility that Lily will throw a brick through your window when she gets tired of waiting for you to visit, you also promised to visit Zita when you got back, from Pelor's sect.

Bertram: As you fall asleep, you dream of a council of incandescent light beings discussing things in a language you can't understand. Whenever something is spoken, it appears literally in the air before them as a line of runes. They debate for several minutes, often gesturing towards the sky. Your own physical responses go unanswered and you're forced to witness everything from the same view-point, which occasionally shifts of it's own accord. You wake up with the Eye manifested at your forehead briefly, but by thinking to calm yourself you can will it to hide.

As you enter the cafeteria for some needed grub, you detect an idle surface thought. "<... Metal and treated wood are much cuter than stone.>" What? Wanda sets a bowl of oatmeal down before you and blinks a few times at your blank response. "Bertram?"

Karvan: Gran does not respond again and eventually it's time to rest. Perhaps you could try again when you rise in the "morning."

Latir: Elizabeth smiles radiantly and offers you a cup of tea!

Morgiana: Did you have anyone or any place in mind? Otherwise, you're free to attend the Academy grounds.

Maximilian: Latir headed out the door in a haze, giving you a general answer! Obviously the thing to do is to follow him to visit Miss Duval. Or to ask somebody else in the HQ for some tips on your job. Or in fact... just head out into the city and try your own hand! My word, an entire city without your mother's watching eyes. Scandalous.

Azura: Everybody seems unusually busy and glum, except for Veihj, who has retired to his "room", which he claimed himself: a closet in the cafeteria. He has stitched up a little hammock and poorly constructed a tiny shelf to place his meager belongings on, including his back-pack, Story Tome, his swords and armor, and what appears to be a mold-eaten copy of a Warden Sewers System Manual, book-marked.

He is lying down in his hammock with one arm in a sling, using his battered arm to hold an armful of thick scrolls and his free hand to feverishly write!

Maxmaps

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2012, 07:25:23 AM »

Ragjen decided to see just how good his time management skills were, heading off to visit Lily while planning to go see Zita soon afterwards. This could in no way comedically or violently backfire at all, he thought as he headed off to Lily's place.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2012, 01:26:26 PM »

I have to work right now but when I get home tonight I'm going to update my character sheet and post. Honestly the biggest problem for me is I don't know enough about 4e to update my character sheet or sometimes even to attack without asking william (or r2, he's been a life saver) for help. :(

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 06:00:00 AM »

Latir... accepts a cup of tea.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 06:05:55 AM »

Tikka makes a streetwise check!  To do that stuff!

Streetwise
1d20 + 14
(3+14=) 17
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Mrs. Awesome

• nee Spectacular
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 06:55:25 AM »

Azura taps on the door to Veihj's "room" before she lets herself in.

"Hey, little buddy, whatcha...um..." She scans the room for somewhere to sit, and settles on a bit of floor. "What's so important it has your hand on fire?"

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 11:49:19 AM »

Maxi follows Latir to the meeting with Ms Duval. He talks almost non-stop the entire time it takes to get from point A to point B. "I've never really been out on my own before I'm a little bit intimidated I have to admit... Its not like I'm completely on my own though you guys are here... who is miss duval anyways..." He never really waits for an answer in between comments and questions, just rambles constantly. When they arrive he introduces himself formally and accepts a cup of tea when offered.

Malikial

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, 04:09:41 PM »

Karvan sleeps and wakes during the day cycle and goes to meet with Gran, he approaches politely and asks, "Gran, I'd like to talk to you about certain things involving the Fighting Pits and you and me."

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2012, 07:28:32 AM »

Latir and Maximilian: Miss Duval is an eco-sorcientist and the first several posts here are good recap! Maximilian is offered tea as well, and as soon as you both take a sip you feel overcome by sudden exhaustion and fall unconscious. You wake up a few hours later in the warmest little room you've ever seen. Though darkened, there is a single antique lantern lit with a softly glowing stark white wick that seems to cast the entire room in a gentle, reverent light. The room is filled with small single cots carved into the rounded out hollows of trees, overflowing with warm quilts and thick down-filled pillows. Each of you has been set into one and you feel rather wonderful for it, gaining a +2 to all Skill checks for the rest of the day. There are a half-dozen separate humanoid sized beds, only the two you're in occupied. There are also several much smaller animal sized ones suspended along the walls and though most of them aren't in use, you do see two being used by sleeping cats tucked in snugly and one with a squirrel cocooned in quilts happily.

As an aside, Latir, I got the impression you did send your letters out. There'd be no trouble sending them from Labyrinth but I guess I'll leave it to you for the final say.

With a bit of recovery from the true toil of your latest labors, you feel good enough to get up. If you head outside, Miss Duval is cleaning up around Boss Bas' lake a bit with a rake. All of the animal friends are sleeping in a giant pile of adorable centered around Muscles as a really big pillow in the shade of a tree. Mister Boots is awake and reading a book of arcane theory. It seems the three guests from earlier are absent as well.

Karvan: ... ... ... Click. Gran's shoulder joints slide some plating back and discharge steam with a loud hiss and his eyes open to exactly two centimeters. His voice rumbles as he seems to have finally awoken. "What manner of discourtesy is this to interrupt my hibernation?!"

Azura: Veihj looks up and stops writing, smiling. "Hi, Azura!" He blushes a little but smiles through it, a bit giddy at the cheekiness of what he's doing. "Well, I'm in a bit of traction for the next week... I thought... well... I thought I'd draft some letters. You know, to... uhm... the important people of the city. And ask their counsel." Actually saying it out loud overwhelms Veihj with embarrassment and he ducks his head under the bed sheet.

Ragjen: Lily gave you her address, and it seems she's shacked up in the basement apartment of a less than dignified business in the Underbelly, with nothing but a railing next to a hidden descending stair-case suggesting it even exists. Door's locked, though, and no response to knocks.

Tikka: You become a bit lost and discover, sadly, that many of the great places of the last generation have been abandoned, their short-lived owners and tenets long gone, all this silly mortal life quickly scattering. Your travels to those places you remember brings you through the Academy District, but it seems no one has heard of a Minotaur Bard. You pick up some general information about the popular Bardery of The Church of the Raven and La Da Ja Choy, closer to the Church of Pelor's District.

Mrs. Awesome

• nee Spectacular
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2012, 07:42:51 AM »

"Ask their counsel on what?" she asks, pulling the sheet back over his head. "Trying to start a revolution or something? Come on, tell me...don't make me tickle you."

She wonders as she says it if kobolds are actually ticklish.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2012, 08:17:54 AM »

Veihj looks startled when you remove his hiding place. Kobolds... may be ticklish. "No! I.. I wouldn't do that! But don't you think, uhm, it's sort of incredible how many people there are... uhm, like Sir Rtirrson?" He shows you the letters. Each is personalized and different, so he's not saving time by copying messages or using a form letter. They're addresses to Barinsath of the Wardens, Millicent Tousk of the Academy, and Devlin Ward of Pelor's Church.

"They all follow their own wills and they attract followers, and even without those people behind them, they're incredibly scary and powerful." He fiddles with his quill and his bound arm. "S... so I was hoping to ask them about their success."

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »

Morgiana: Did you have anyone or any place in mind? Otherwise, you're free to attend the Academy grounds.

Morgiana is going to (try to) see Millicent. She's got some rather unpleasant news concerning a gnome, a dragonborn and a fictional(?) secret society.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2012, 10:18:38 PM »

Bertram mumbled something and rolled over. "Tell me I drank a lot last night," he said. "I'd hate to think I've done this to my poor head with nothing to show for it." He had in fact not done anything of the sort the previous night, and therefore very little remedy was necessary to make this notorious slugabed sensible.
...but is it art?

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2012, 09:38:35 AM »

Tikka finds herself twicefold disappointed, first to find so many fondly remembered establishments fallen by the wayside, overtaken by unaffiliated persons or intentions, or gone entirely, and secondly that she cannot seem to track down Benedetto at all!  It was no matter of import, but even small matters can stick in one's mind quite insistently.  She tucks the charm she had intended to thank him with safely away within her palm, choosing to remain out in her proper exploration of Gateway for the first time since she has returned to wakening and not had reason to go scurrying off on a grand adventure.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Malikial

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2012, 12:24:56 PM »

Karvan sits and says, "We should work together, Gran. You and I. I think the fighting Pits need new leadership... new ownership. I think the only way to do that is to get rid of the damn Neogi at the top. Then, after that's settled you could duel me in the sands if you still wanted to. Prove you're as good as you say you are."

Mrs. Awesome

• nee Spectacular
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »

Azura looks over Veihj's letters, and nods. "It's worth a try, Veihj. It's a good idea. I'm sure Latir will appreciate it."

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2012, 11:38:13 AM »

Karvan: Gran's eyes narrow further somehow, mostly by angling themselves and reducing the available narrow eye-space a bit further. He rumbles in obvious doubt and contempt. "Cht'Di'Agrin is a weak crime lord, but a crime lord still towers upon the joke that is Holsten Holdings. You'll be buried beneath a sea of enthusiastic lackies... and at least one of them will have the sense to reach and slit your throat."

Azura: Veihj nods enthusiastically and resumes writing. "I... dunno if I could ask them to help Latir. I was just hoping to talk to them at all!"

Bertram: Wanda shakes her head. "I think you mentioned something about a fantastic hallucinatory adventure on the ship, but... you're fine, Bertram." She presses a super tiny indent along the indent at the corner of her eye and a long and thin panel along her forehead recedes, allowing a tiny Nurse's Hat to pop up. She beckons for you to lean over and examines your eyes(the regular ones.) "Perfectly fine."

She sets the rest of the small breakfast spread out for any interested parties, of which little Corgi-Monk Kiplyn comes in and begins lapping at a bowl of oatmeal. As she departs the cafeteria, you hear a jumble of surface thoughts.

<"Concussions usually take awhile to show...">

<"Oh boy! Oats!">

Morgiana: It's actually rather easy to inquire at the Academy or to catch a Guard's ear and get some help. Unlike the usual hoops the other party members are made to jump through, once you introduce yourself a ritual Sending is dispatched and returned quickly, and you're given directions to a small archives a few blocks over, where the Academy District begins to bleed over into Underbelly territory that has switched allegiance.

The building has a small group of Spirit Guard lurking about it, with a small Gnomish gentleman in an immaculate tuxedo that is half-robe and all class speaking in hushed tones to an elderly Eladrin male in a set of overly stuffy and dignified business-suit. They haven't noticed you yet.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2012, 09:46:13 PM »

Bertram picked at his ear a bit, not quite sure he had heard something, and resolved to definitely remember after breakfast that he was apparently telepathic now. Priorities!
...but is it art?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6