Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: GTA?  (Read 499 times)

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
GTA?
« on: October 09, 2013, 02:44:39 AM »

Haven't played since 1 & 2 because I was never a big fan of the control style and the new SRS BIZNESS attitude after they went to 3. I always thought it was funny, because you'd think I'd have loved 3D GTA, being a big fan of the D versions and also a big fan of Midtown Madness, so, combo, right? But it's not just the controls, it's also the cartoony style. I miss Expeditious Executions on waves of Elvis impersonators and ice cream vans. I miss that goofy-ass anouncer - he was half of what made GTA so good.

Anyway, the trailers for V actually looked really interesting. But since GTA V isn't out for PC and probably wouldn't be on sale for anything cheap for another eleventy-billion years afterwards, I decided to just watch a Let's Play of it during the slow times at work. I'm up to [spoiler]just after the underwater test site heist with Trevor.[/spoiler]

Man, this game is actually kinda fucking disturbing. And I don't usually worry about that stuff.

I think it's the uncanny valley factor, and I don't mean the graphics. The tension between trying to be "realistic" and trying to be Saint's Row cartoony is not working for me at all. Trevor pretty much embodies this problem.

Also pissed that my favourite storyline by far - Franklin's - gets the least screen time. But maybe that's just a function of the mission choices/story progression so far.

It's a beautiful, gorgeous game though.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
Re: GTA?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 05:28:00 AM »

So they just released (beta versions of) the content creators! I made a race.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.