Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: NEED DICE  (Read 731 times)

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
NEED DICE
« on: December 05, 2013, 06:29:55 AM »

So, I'm looking for some new dice to have proper dice on hand for Pulp Alley. Ideally, I'd like to pick up five each of D6s, D8s, D10's, and D12's, in two colours, for a total of 40 dice (all numbered, not dotted).

Went on down to the local gaming store, where they had some sets of 1 D4, D6, D8, D10, D12 and D20, for $6 each for a crappy ugly set or $10 each for a nicer set. Buying an ugly set to get me the dice I need would cost me $60 and nice set would be an absurd $100!!! They also had some ugly bargain bin loose dice for 75 cents each, but those are all mismatched so never mind getting two sets of five in the types I needed.

God damn, shit be expensive, yo.

Anyone suggest any alternate ideas for me to get what I need? Hell, if you're one of those dice-whores and you have extra dice that meet what I need, I might even make an offer or trade MTG cards or something.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: NEED DICE
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 06:49:55 AM »

If you want quantity and not exactly quality, grab a chessex pound o' dice or two.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008C0KXYS

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 07:00:12 AM »

In that case, I think I'm paying for a lot of stuff I don't need. Looking at that pack, I don't know that I'd get 5/colour/each type I need anyway.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 07:31:16 AM »

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 11:42:48 AM »

You know, I never actually finished my form to get mine.
I should get on that.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 02:17:27 AM »

http://crl-products.hostedbywebstore.com/Rix-Dice-Guest-Designers/b/6651284011?ie=UTF8&title=Rix+Dice

I have a set of her 1/2" aluminum gaming dice, they are pretty great. Not sure if she'll be offering the more exotic ones like tungsten outside of kickstarter, but right now she has aluminum and brass in her store.