Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 44

Author Topic: Internet Superstore  (Read 76825 times)

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
Internet Superstore
« on: November 17, 2008, 07:41:42 AM »

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
Re: Internet Superstore
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 11:14:40 AM »

a walmart you hate

...that's sort of a tautology, isn't it?

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 07:27:36 AM »

'Wootoff' on Woot today.  New discount item whenever they run out of the current item.  Typically electronics, with a heavy bias to Dyson vaccums, Roomba robots, and Sansa media players.  Shipping tends to be only $5, so it's worth keeping a tab open and keep an eye on what's selling.  There's also a firefox plugin for keeping an eye on the site.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 08:47:52 PM »

'Wootoff' on Woot today.  New discount item whenever they run out of the current item.  Typically electronics, with a heavy bias to Dyson vaccums, Roomba robots, and Sansa media players.  Shipping tends to be only $5, so it's worth keeping a tab open and keep an eye on what's selling.  There's also a firefox plugin for keeping an eye on the site.

Where the claptrapping FUCK are they getting all these things? They sell a nega-fuckton of those things every month with no end in sight...

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 11:14:32 PM »

I find it really funny that right this instant I checked the Wootoff .. and Sansa media player.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 11:47:28 PM »

God fucking DAMMIT.
I just checked it now, and realized it'd be the PERFECT gift for my brother (I sort of broke his old one)

And just as I hit "Submit Order" they said sold out.

FUCK.
FUCK.
:MENDOZAAAAA: x 100000

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 07:55:29 AM »

Free Dr.Pepper coupons until 6pm.  However as of this posting their ENTIRE website is down.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 07:56:58 AM »

Well that's convenient.  I'm guessing the projected time to restore it is around 6:01pm.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 09:22:13 AM »

Update: To help deal with demand, apparently you can call for your free 20oz Dr.Pepper slip.

1-888-DRPEPPER

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 09:34:44 AM »

For about another 30 minutes you can get half off on Force Unleashed (360 version)

Expired

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 10:19:08 AM »

Soul Calibur 4, half off. (360)

Expired

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 10:02:13 PM »

No Bag O' Crap on Woot today.  ::(:

EDIT: Not all bad, though. The deal for today is pretty decent, and I get to watch as Woot commenters bitch about not getting a BoC(sense of entitlement much?) and then bitch about their bitchy comments getting deleted. Almost makes it worth staying up past midnight when I have to get up at 4 am to help my mom fight through Black Friday crowds.  :lol:

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 08:03:30 PM »

Don't know if anybody's using the MS Live Cashback thing, but it looks like they're offering 30% cashback on eBay auctions today.  I just snagged two copies of CTDS (one for me, one as a Christmas present) and I'm getting $23 back.  (Plus $8 off upfront from a coupon eBay sent me.)

Not sure what else they're offering deals on, but they've got NewEgg listed as a partner -- looks like cashback from stuff there is only a few percent, not 30%, but still, a few bucks is nice.

I'm a little late to the party on this one as it's over at midnight Pacific, but yeah, if you hit up live.com, do a search for something you're looking for, and then click on the eBay sponsored link, apparently that's 30% off.  (Make sure it's Buy it Now, the seller accepts PayPal, and there's an MS Cashback symbol on the "commit to buy" page.  And you'll have to be signed up for an MS Cashback account before you do it.)

In summary: for $23, Microsoft got me to use their search engine instead of Google's.

...now I'll go check if there's anything else on my shopping list that this deal applies to.

Spaco

• LLC
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 08:57:07 PM »

So this may warrant its own thread, but I recently found out about the racket that is the internet coupon junkie circles. During Thanksgiving, my cousin (who is recovering from breast cancer and is currently unable to work) was telling me about her new day job- playing the coupon system. Using well-timed deals, printable coupons, loopholes of policy at CVS and Walgreens, and doubling of coupons she is able to attain bargains up until now unattained by even the most apt coupon-clippers. Her record so far has been walking into a CVS with about $2.50 and coming out with $100 in goods. On many items she would get them for free, or in some cases even gain a profit from using the right coupons and deals. She also told how she would switch her prescriptions from Walgreens to CVS and vice-versa, each time gaining a $25 gift card for each prescription.  She found out these gift cards could be used to buy other store gift cards, thus paying for her Christmas shopping. :profit:

Her main place for these deals is http://www.afullcup.com/ . She has me intrigued, so I'm slowly learning the tricks of the trade.

Dooly

• Who?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 12:16:52 AM »

Those CVS and Walgreens employees must hate her guts.
:painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful:
:painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful: :painful:

sei

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 03:55:19 AM »

So this may warrant its own thread, but I recently found out about the racket that is the internet coupon junkie circles. During Thanksgiving, my cousin (who is recovering from breast cancer and is currently unable to work) was telling me about her new day job- playing the coupon system. Using well-timed deals, printable coupons, loopholes of policy at CVS and Walgreens, and doubling of coupons she is able to attain bargains up until now unattained by even the most apt coupon-clippers. Her record so far has been walking into a CVS with about $2.50 and coming out with $100 in goods. On many items she would get them for free, or in some cases even gain a profit from using the right coupons and deals. She also told how she would switch her prescriptions from Walgreens to CVS and vice-versa, each time gaining a $25 gift card for each prescription.  She found out these gift cards could be used to buy other store gift cards, thus paying for her Christmas shopping. :profit:

Her main place for these deals is http://www.afullcup.com/ . She has me intrigued, so I'm slowly learning the tricks of the trade.
She might then enjoy junglecrazy.com.

I keep meaning to check slickdeals.net, but never get around to it.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 05:12:04 AM »

The free section on Slickdeals is a total hoot.

I've collected enough tea from there to supply the Orient.

Spaco

• LLC
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 08:21:25 AM »

Those CVS and Walgreens employees must hate her guts.

Strangely enough, the manager of the store apparently loves her. At least when it comes to all the coupons and rebates, the store gets reimbursed by the manufacturer, so her robbing the place just ends up padding their numbers.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 11:11:58 AM »

...apparently the 30% cashback from live.com is still going, it's just the extra 10% from eBay that's not.

So yeah, keep an eye on that shit; I know I will.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 07:19:03 AM »

Left 4 Dead $30 on Amazon. [PC Version]

L4D $40, free shipping [Xbox 360 Version]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 44