Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 49

Author Topic: Adventures in Slumberland  (Read 70540 times)

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
Re: Adventures in Slumberland
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2008, 05:08:33 AM »

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2008, 07:09:05 AM »

he also turns out to be her son's father

and her son

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2008, 08:29:13 AM »

I was get part of time job at '24-Hour Fitness'.

Was use most the dream to try find where was company gym.

(Was behind size of 'bowling alley' Ski-ball court.  That is cleverly hide from customers company jazz lounge.)

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2008, 12:01:34 PM »

I am mildly embarrassed to admit that I dreamt I got up this morning and found that not only had Sora started a bunch of new threads since Kazz reinstated his ability to do so, but he had somehow actually split his every post from Please Get Rid Of into its own thread.

I do not usually dream about the forums, and blame too much double-anchovy pizza before bed.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2008, 07:57:11 PM »

Alright, three nightmares in a single fucking night.

I wish I could just mind dump the videos onto the internet, because 1. you guys might find it hard to believe this shit and 2. text just does not have the same impact as actually seeing your dead grandmother come back to life, forgive you for failing to save her life, give you a hug, then die again and start pulling you off an icy cliff while you desperately attempt to pry her stiff fingers off your wrist.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2008, 08:45:42 PM »

So there's this typical lawful good medieval fantasy nation, led by three dragon god-kings; their army consists of two factions, the Men-at-Arms and the Battlemages. It's graduation day at the military academy, and the main ceremony is set in a gigantic mountainside arena, built on a plateau near a snow-covered peak. It's a beautiful day; it feels like this is a world where the good guys have won. Sure there are still goblins and the like around and the army is needed at times, but overall Things Are OK.

I'm with the Men-at-Arms, and I'm the student chosen to deliver a speech during the ceremony, a majestic, semi-religious procedure attended by almost everyone in the kingdom. That makes me pretty nervous, but something else bothers me even more. I have a girlfriend, a half-elf Battlemage, and her father does not approve of her dating across army factions. Battlemages are usually picked from the nobility and their training and education is viewed as more difficult than the Men-at-Arms'; consequently they tend to be snooty to say the least.

So the time comes for me to get on the stage. I climb up, and three magical orbs start floating around me; they're basically cameras, and they're broadcasting my every word and gesture to the truly gigantic audience. To my own surprise, I deliver an awesome speech. I wish I could remember it, but on the other hand I'd probably think it was cheesy in retrospect. It's a patriotic, unifying speech, with the typical bits about honor and putting defense of the country first and being grateful to the dragons and such. Anyway, I get a standing ovation, and notice even my girlfriend's father clapping vigorously.

I get off the stage and my girl jumps into my arms; we pretty much kiss on the jumbotron.

That's when I wake up.

If this is how my subconscious is trying to apologize and make up for being such a huge dick to me since I was born, I have to say that this is the right way to go about it.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2008, 10:55:16 PM »

I dislike amazingly cool dreams, because I wake up from them.

btw write a book about that world

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2008, 01:43:39 AM »

I had this one recently where a bunch of scientists are sealed in this high tech facility, and several of them have been infected by some sort of parasite like The Thing.  It would take control of their minds, then slowly change their bodies from the inside out.  Slowing being over the course of an hour or so.  Anyhow, they'd look normal enough aside from the wide-eyed, frantic stare and homicidal demeanor, but then their faces and limbs would split open/apart into segmented, insectile, stygian horrors.  They'd still have the bits of face that the new appendages came from in them, too.

So we got this group of horrid abominations masquerading (poorly) as scientists chasing down and messily devouring the uninfected.  I was in the lucky group to locate some guns somehow, but as it turns out they were either staggeringly ineffective, or the infected scientists were a lot tougher.  There was this one part where an infected scientist that bore a striking resemblance to Dr. Emmett Brown cornered a female scientist, and in one smooth motion peeled her skull like a grape.

So, this is how I generally spend my nights*.

*technically days, since I work graveyard shift.

McFrugal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2008, 02:55:32 PM »

My advice to everyone with bad dreams is to learn to dream lucid.  It's less scary once you know you're immortal and/or have godlike powers.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2008, 03:13:31 PM »

My advice to everyone with bad dreams is to learn to dream lucid.  It's less scary once you know you're immortal and/or have godlike powers.

On a related note, my advice to cancer patients is to learn to force your tumors to migrate to your epidermis. Then it's just a question of popping them like pimples.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2008, 06:04:37 PM »

What?  No, I enjoy the nightmares.  Free entertainment!   ::D:

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2008, 06:19:19 PM »

I had this one recently where a bunch of scientists are sealed in this high tech facility, and several of them have been infected by some sort of parasite like The Thing.  It would take control of their minds, then slowly change their bodies from the inside out.  Slowing being over the course of an hour or so.  Anyhow, they'd look normal enough aside from the wide-eyed, frantic stare and homicidal demeanor, but then their faces and limbs would split open/apart into segmented, insectile, stygian horrors.  They'd still have the bits of face that the new appendages came from in them, too.

So we got this group of horrid abominations masquerading (poorly) as scientists chasing down and messily devouring the uninfected.  I was in the lucky group to locate some guns somehow, but as it turns out they were either staggeringly ineffective, or the infected scientists were a lot tougher.  There was this one part where an infected scientist that bore a striking resemblance to Dr. Emmett Brown cornered a female scientist, and in one smooth motion peeled her skull like a grape.

So, this is how I generally spend my nights*.

*technically days, since I work graveyard shift.

I'm sure I've seen this in an anime somwhere.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2008, 06:27:36 PM »

Blue Gender?

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2008, 10:31:09 PM »

I wish my Lucid dreams gave me power and had me feel no pain. My only defense is to force my self to wake up in nightmares.

I've had a reoccuring aspect of the a dream lately -- well, last 3-6 months? They involves towers. Never externally -- always towers in the weird areas of a house. These houses as the dream continues tend to turn into a particular, almost mansion like house with many many rooms and strange places. This wouldn't be odd for a dream, besides the place is very consistent. Theres an under level, which seems to be the only dangerous place (overly complicated, water ways, monsters, tiny, calstrophobic tunnels..), but I have only ventured there twice.

Generally once the dream has the house and towers in place, it's safe, but the tone is aways an eery one. The illogical positions of the towers are not just glossed over in dream logic -- their presence is jarring and uneasing. They seem to radiate loneliness. I've been up the towers many times --  they almost always involve a spiraled stair cases and rickety ladders. Up top is usually surprisingly comfortable, despite the unusual feeling it seems to radiate. The towers feel like being in an impossible location -- like if you closet expanded far deeper then physically possible. While perfectly safe, I just feels unnatural.

These dreams just continue to perplex me in their consistency but lack of any seemingly consistent message of theme.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2008, 03:58:22 AM »

It's funny. The fact that awful things regularly happen to myself (and everyone I know) in real life, mean that my nightmares (which are fairly rare) are all terribly mundane (i.e. my apartment building burns to the ground with everything in it, I lose all my money in a confidence scheme, etc.). So when I'm asleep I'm simply like "aw man, how am I going to come back from THIS one..." and when I wake up, I'm simply relieved.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2008, 11:02:33 AM »

It's probably less that you don't have traumatic nightmares so much as your reaction to them is mitigated by the knowledge that you can handle them.

Possible case in point: I had a zombie survival nightmare last night (those seem to be extremely common around here) in which I did pretty much everything right, getting every single person out with no casualties, and in the process developed kind of a messianic reputation within my little group.  The dream capped off with one of the girls unpredictably poisoning herself, upset that her boyfriend seemed to be more concerned with my survival than hers.

Normally I'd wake up with a cold sweat and guilt after a ball-drop like that but this time I managed to realize that I'd done everything right and there are just some damn things I can't change.  Also by not getting all panicked and dramatic about it I had enough time to maybe do something.  Dunno how that turned out, since I guess my subconscious was satisfied that it had gotten the point across.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2008, 12:08:02 PM »

Last night featured a dream that was a cross between the Shawshank Redemption and Silence of the Lambs.  I played the part of Andy Dufresne, who had just been put into a maximum security prison for the apparent murder and consumption of his wife.  Once inside, I met Hannibal Lector, who took a special liking to me, promising not to kill and eat me like he might the other prisoners.  Over a period of a few years, Hannibal and I got to know and respect each other, becoming the best of friends, and learning a little from each other.

Eventually we got fed up with being in prison, and escaped in a poorly planned vent system in our cells.  As we were busting out, the evil warden tried to stop us.  So I hit him with a board and made my way out of the prison.  Hannibal stayed behind, chopped off the warden's face and wore it so he could escape.  After I'd left the prison, I jumped in a big river which carried me down a mountainous ravine and was kind of like a water park.

I should mention that there were actual two parts to the dream.  One was the movie adaptation of the film, which was much gentler and family friendly, and one was the more brutal book version that I just described.  I'm not sure what it means.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2008, 12:17:49 PM »

Your subconscious is attempting to illustrate to you the parallel realities of your true situation and the one you present to the world.  The life you let the world see is cleaned-up, family-friendly and censored, even though it clearly deals with topics that are much heavier and more violent than you are letting on.  As you, who are at once both yourself and a stranger to your own world, become more and more intimate with "Lecter" (yourself from another's point of view, as evidenced by the very similar circumstances in which you are both placed), the barriers between the "censored" world of Constantine and the real one start to come down, and you see your world as it truly is: barbaric and terrifying.  The defining point occurs when you actually witness Lecter peeling off another's face and putting it on - you're literally watching as he constructs a new "face" to show to the world.

...wait, no.

Your subconscious is telling you that you probably shouldn't have chili so close to bedtime.  That's definitely it.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2008, 05:15:50 PM »

:attn: :attn: :attn:

Now playing in this thread: BRENTAI, MIGHTY PSYCHOBRAINAYLST!

:enraged: TELL ME YOUR DREAMS AND I SHALL REVEAL THE SECRET RECESSES OF YOUR OWN MIND TO YOU!

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2008, 05:38:10 PM »

You're queer, you're queer, you're queer, you fucked your mom, you're queer, you're vegetarian, and you've got some kind of zombie fetish.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 49