Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 74

Author Topic: Webcomics that aren't MSPA  (Read 115648 times)

S D S

• Who?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shawn Struck
Re: Webcomicry
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 08:07:06 AM »

I must now add another webcomic I discovered today that I now absolutely  :wuv: : "Don't Forget TO Validate Your Parking, available here: http://mikelehqpics.livejournal.com/

It's kind of an insider-scriptwriter MNFTIU done by a striking WGA writer.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 08:58:04 PM »

I'll only list things that haven't been mentioned yet.

Lucid TV - Good Art, Medical Theme, Absurd Humor.

Thingpart - Unique sense of humor, updates weekly on Wednesday and is never late.

Pokey the Penguin - Defies description

Well, looks like everything else in my bookmarks has been mentioned already.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

PhoenixUltima

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2008, 10:02:46 PM »

Concerned - A webcomic made in Garry's Mod about the misadventures of a loveable dope in the Half-Life 2 universe. No wait, come back! It's funny! Really! It's also hit the end of its story and is no longer updated, but the archives are definitely worth going over. Also each comic has artist commentary, something I fell in love with after I started reading the aformentioned The Pain, and fell even more in love with after the delightful developer commentary in HL2's episodes and Portal. I'd gladly shell out up to $20 just to get dev commentary for the original Half-Life 2. No, really.
The captain of the gravy train!

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 03:06:21 AM »

I still read PvP.

...shut up it's funny from time to time.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 10:04:39 AM »

PvP is trash and Kurtz has a room temperature IQ. PvP was one of the dailies that felt good to drop.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2008, 10:21:19 AM »

The only thing I miss about PvP is seeing my webcomic persona getting mauled by giant pandas.

Well, that and the discomforting validation that somebody is following me around and basing a webcomic character around my own misadventures.

ADDENDUM: Just checked it out to see, and yes, he is still following me around and writing about my life.  That is fucking weird.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008, 02:41:23 PM »

Brad Neely is most likely some kind of savant.

His veins course with concentrated entertainitude. So bright is the light of his mirth, that even the darkest crevices of wizardry fanfiction cannot escape its shine.

Quote from: HarryPotterCentral
Wizard People, Dear Reader is an unauthorized re-envisioning of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, by Brad Neely.

After spreading rapidly among Neely's friends in Austin, Wizard People made its theatrical debut at the New York Underground Film Festival, to rapturous applause. We think Neely has crafted an as-of-yet-unnamed new art form, one everyone should experience for themselves.

Part 21 of 35:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0I-jZ7OB0c

Complete with gracious explanation and defense in part 35 during the credits.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2008, 05:20:33 PM »

Oh!

Oh!

Oh!

You know what webcomic was totally tubular?!?

Huh? Huhuhuhuhuhhuhuhuh? Do ya? DO YA?

CRAZY BUFFET (click!)

The initial post was deceptively golden, with everyone (+ Kayma) going all  ::O: :MENDOZAAAAA: :omg:

The subject matter is what separated it from the pack of other panel wasters. Bonus points to Pading for withstanding Zee Trollensteiner Wehrmacht (and the CRUSHING OF DREAMS), only to continue onward with CB2 (superior, for a multitude of reasonings).

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2008, 06:07:18 PM »

Best to use this as a 'random comic i saw today that i liked and you will too, godammit' thread as the recommendations run dry.

Truck Bearing Kibble wants to be PBF so bad, it hurts me more Snake.

http://www.malfunctionjunction.net/

Huh. Yet another web comic artist within dangerous proximity of me.

:>_>: They'll gobble up my desirable wit like hungry jackals in the night.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2008, 10:05:13 PM »

The initial post was deceptively golden, with everyone (+ Kayma) going all  ::O: :MENDOZAAAAA: :omg:

Loves me some Crazy Buffet. I'm glad He's been doing them so regularly.

Also, on Minus:  I have this one framed and hanging on my wall. Justifies the entire idea of webcomics, in my opinion.

Plus, I love the Little Nemo vibe.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2008, 12:45:33 AM »

Mostly Classic's story has been cutting back on his stories. He's slowly stopped following even Dinosaur Comics, which he does  :wuv: pretty amazingly.

Mostly all that he keeps up with (of the awesome ones already mentioned) nowadays are SGR and P-A.

He also checks, for reasons he cannot adequately explain: Sam and Fuzzy, Questionable Content, Revolver Knight, Zap!, and NNFB!. Well, he has a guess as to why he follows the final three. Mostly they eerily echo the sophomoric ideas he was entertaining back in high-school, before he realized that he didn't have enough interest to actually cultivate a good drawing style. It is suspected he continues to monitor them for clues as to how to reclaim the amazing powers he must have accidentally leaked to their tiny, fleshy brains.

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2008, 05:01:26 PM »

Jeffery Rowland recently linked to Anders Loves Maria, and it's been pretty good.

Seconding Scary-Go-Round. It's a perpetual delight, surpassed in whimsy only by the eternal grand master of delight.
I'm a heartbreaker... My name... Charles.

Lobst

• Apatosaur Dreamer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Chili Con Comrades
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2008, 06:23:15 PM »

Horribleville is a side-project by the iconic KC Green, where he draws comics about the creative ennui that comes with drawing comics!  He must be doing a really good job, because I sympathize completely with his plight, and I haven't drawn a comic in months and months.  ;__;

Sinfest has been having magnificent Sunday comics, even if the dailies can be extremely predictable and formulaic.

My Cage is a newspaper comic about talking animals in an office environment, but has done a spectacular job of being as close to legitimately-funny as newspaper comics about talking animals can get.

Cigarro & Cerveja recently switched to a daily format, but the strip's piercing sense of humor and the consistently marvelous portrayal of the titular duo has survived the jump.  Don't read anything into the fact that the most recent joke arc focuses heavily on fuzzy bear pajama suits.  D:

Ozy & Millie--

You know, I should just stop now while I'm ahead.  :|

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2008, 07:39:41 PM »

Ozy & Millie really does have a good track record of being very funny and well-written. You just have to be able to induce a very delicate state of cognitive dissonance. A good starting point for this is pretending that "Ozy & Millie" is no more furry than "Pearls Before Swine", "Get Fuzzy", or any other newspaper comic featuring anthropomorphic animals.

It's probably best to exclude "Slylock Fox" from that pool.
I'm a heartbreaker... My name... Charles.

parish

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2008, 10:27:55 AM »

Truck Bearing Kibble wants to be PBF so bad, it hurts me more Snake.
Holy crap, that's shameless. I'm embarrassed for him.

Fun fact: Crazy Buffet was only cancelled because John Davison completely hated it. In retrospect, I realize John's approval isn't worth the paper it's printed on, so I'm glad Pading kept on with his comics. His art has improved considerably and I think if he would get away from video game topics he could do well for himself.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2008, 11:26:50 AM »

Sex, Lies, And Pading: the truth comes out!  :smile:

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2008, 08:34:47 AM »

Loves me some Crazy Buffet. I'm glad He's been doing them so regularly.

Also, on Minus:  I have this one framed and hanging on my wall. Justifies the entire idea of webcomics, in my opinion.

Plus, I love the Little Nemo vibe.

Actually, I liked that one way better before reading the rest and learning that the little girl is a Q or whatever. It had a nice sense of futile but confident defiance.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2008, 06:08:02 PM »

Actually, I liked that one way better before reading the rest and learning that the little girl is a Q or whatever. It had a nice sense of futile but confident defiance.

:oh:

Why'd you have to go and liken her to Q.... That's lame.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2008, 06:30:48 PM »

NO YOUR LAME

Fredward

• a romantic soul
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2008, 06:33:37 PM »

The man has a point.

Quote from: Brentai
It's never easy to tell just where the line is between physical malady and the general crushing horror of life itself.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 74