Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

IF YOU HAD TO MAKE A CHOICE, which would you want?

Keep the current map, peaceful mode
- 6 (17.6%)
Keep the current map, survival mode
- 5 (14.7%)
Generate a new map, peaceful mode
- 2 (5.9%)
Generate a new map, survival mode
- 21 (61.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 72

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 101023 times)

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2010, 09:34:25 AM »

I don't blame people for being on the fence about buying the game when it is still primarily a block-based building game. The way I see it is that I paid 10 bucks for it, and I have probably played for about 40+ hours so far. 10 bucks is about as much as I would pay to go see a movie. Since I have already spent 40 hours on an alpha build of a game, I stand to gain even more value once the game gets all of the other cool crap that Notch has said he wants to do.

The development has sort of slowed down as of recently, but I'm hoping that after he gets situated at the new office and he fixes the server so he can handle the exponential rate at which he is selling this game he will have time to make some more cool shit. That is hoping he doesn't start dicking around more that he is rich. He tweeted that the office has a HOT TUB in it.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2010, 10:40:44 AM »

The vibe I'm getting is very much a first person, multi player dwarf fortress.  Right now its just building stuff, but Notch is laying the groundwork for more complex systems and structures in the future.

It would be my dream to have a system wherein the server admins designate builders, and to everyone else it's a constantly growing adventure game.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2010, 02:30:05 PM »

It would be my dream to have a system wherein the server admins designate builders, and to everyone else it's a constantly growing adventure game.

That's called Dungeons & Dragons.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2010, 02:36:23 PM »

I started playing this.  Water makes no sense once you start digging / blocking around it.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2010, 03:10:41 PM »

Zed, I think I heard you were trying to build a sphere last night.  If you're having trouble, use this circle grid to help out.  It's been a life saver for me, and making a sphere using it shouldn't be too much trouble.

"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2010, 03:16:07 PM »

I started playing this.  Water makes no sense once you start digging / blocking around it.

Water always pours from "source" tiles. These tiles do not change (except with buckets which don't work in mp) and don't spread unless there's a water tile with two adjacent source tiles.

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 23, 2010, 03:23:26 PM »

Detonator, you are a lifesaver.
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Esperath

• chesse nab
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2010, 04:03:47 PM »

My most recent project: the four crystals of power.

It's just beyond the Legion sign, facing toward the sunrise from spawn.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2010, 04:43:04 PM »

I hope the rumors I heard of Zaratustra working on getting another top-down world map image generated are true, because I really want to see just how amazing all this looks from space.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2010, 04:47:10 PM »

Water always pours from "source" tiles. These tiles do not change (except with buckets which don't work in mp) and don't spread unless there's a water tile with two adjacent source tiles.

You can "destroy" a source tile by putting another block in its place. This can cause some unusual behavior when adding and subsequently removing multiple tiles on the ocean's surface, for example.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2010, 04:58:37 PM »

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/123768/forum%20post%20pictures/minecraft/map4-obliqueangle-day.png

This is from yesterday when I was trying to fix the spawn point.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2010, 04:59:15 PM »

duck yes boil away the ocean

Sorry Swype won't let me swear.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2010, 05:01:14 PM »

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/123768/forum%20post%20pictures/minecraft/map4-obliqueangle-day.png

This is from yesterday when I was trying to fix the spawn point.

Zed's giant doohickey is literally blocking the view of my project ::(:
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Esperath

• chesse nab
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 23, 2010, 05:09:26 PM »

Can we spit up a map from today?  It would be nice to annotate the features.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 23, 2010, 05:13:30 PM »

There is a google maps style website that will do this. I think I will check it out.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2010, 05:15:26 PM »

Sideways Castle cracks me up every time.
Signature:

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2010, 05:23:14 PM »

Wow, did the top-down map generator near the middle of the Big Bridge glitch out, or did someone just carve a peninsula into a perfect square?
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2010, 05:28:11 PM »

The map generator is crazy, man.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2010, 05:29:39 PM »

Are you talking about the landscape just north of Zara's Sideways Castle? (North is to the upper-right on these maps.) That's just a curious quirk of Minecraft's landscape randomization function.
Signature:

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2010, 05:55:24 PM »

Wait, it's actually like that on the server?  With the seams in the land like that?  That ... shouldn't be.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 72